Glass or metal balls in Belton / Montana?

Entro123

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Krylon, Rusto, Painter's Touch, American Accents and most american paint uses marbles.

Both Belton and Montana have small metal mixers. They look kind of like BBs. Sometimes cans of Walmart paint also have them, as well as the 25% more cans of Krylon.

Unless you have a strong ass magnet, it's not going to stop them from rattling.

Originally posted by SterOne+May 11 2005, 10:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SterOne - May 11 2005, 10:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>why dont you fuckin check yourself......common sense man come on

[/b]

Originally posted by GnomeToys@May 11 2005, 10:42 PM

Hold a magnet to the can, see if it stays in place. Is it that difficult?

Seriously you two if I had a magnet and could try it out don't you think I would do it? It's not common sense since I could either

1) Get a magnet and then find out

2) Spend nothing / no time and have a fellow writer help me out.

<!--QuoteBegin-Old Growth@May 11 2005, 10:43 PM

Krylon, Rusto, Painter's Touch, American Accents and most american paint uses marbles.

Both Belton and Montana have small metal mixers. They look kind of like BBs. Sometimes cans of Walmart paint also have them, as well as the 25% more cans of Krylon.

Unless you have a strong ass magnet, it's not going to stop them from rattling.

THANK YOU. See this guy is what makes this board good and helpful. He made a reply that took maybe 10 seconds, with useful information and was even polite (a rare thing here). So thank you for making this a great board.

To the rest of you with you're elitist attitudes - fuck you. Yes I'm a toy but atleast I'm trying to get better. Next time you see a toy post, don't waste you're time reading the thread and replying - just move on.

I've researched a bit and found out that Montana (thanks for the heads up) do indeed sell a can magnet - http://www.highlights.nu/highlights/shop/s...p?productId=109 (Can Silencer for spray cans. Attach to bottom and the magnet will sucktion the bullets so they don't rattle.)

And thanks to the nice guy/girl above I now know they work on belton also.

Have a nice day.

Again thank you for the reply, I appriciate it.

next time you should do your research before you start a thread about it.

graffiti is not, and should not be, some easy how-to guide

just imagine what we had to do before the internet.

i have also seen many of the same old fucking questions asked and answered around here over the years.

so save the holier than thou judgement on why people won't be your graffiti tutor.

fuck yourself.

we are a bunch of illegal ass stinking vandals on a graf forum

not Emily Post's Miss Manners Column

12oz is not a right

it's a privilege.

I just looked this up for you

Montana use a steel ball bearing inside. But it requires a strong magnet (Like the one inside a stero speaker.) something to do with the out shell of the can attracting more than the ball bearing.

Belton use 2 different types synthetic plastic ones and a plain ole steel ones.

Originally posted by symbols@May 12 2005, 12:16 PM

next time you should do your research before you start a thread about it.

i have also seen many of the same old fucking questions asked and answered  around here over the years.

so save the holier than thou judgement on why people won't be your graffiti tutor.

fuck yourself.

12oz is not a right

it's a privilege.

I didn't mean to come off as "holier than thou". I'm not asking anyone to be a tutor either. I asked if anyone knew whether the bullets were made out of plastic or metal. A simple question with a simple answer (yes / no). I could indeed have gone out and tried to find a magnet some where and then tried myself, but this IS the age of internet and this forum IS called "THE YARD Graff tips, techniques, and advice." I (shame on me) thought I might pose a question here.

Seriously all I'm saying is that if you're going to be an asshole why even bother posting? :) Just because some of us/we consider ourselves vandals doesn't mean we have to be asses to everyone. But again it's not a big deal, I got a good reply and that was all I was after - I can filter out the rest.

"12oz is not a right

it's a privilege."

Indeed. But aside from leaking information that could get people into trouble isn't 12oz made for show casing Graff and perhaps get more people into it - ie: spread out the artform. This is a modern kind of train in the sense that it brings the work out to other people who doesn't live by the tracks or go see them, just as video's and magazines and some of us didnt have the privilege of others tutoring us, so either we have to find and make all the errors ourselves (which is fine paying your dues) or we ask the only place we know - here.

As for the manners I guess you're right, It's just amusing and sometimes fustrating for someone new that there is so much of the elitist attitude, especially when it's someone humble who asks. Either way I got great respect for those who were here before me, and if they choose to share a tiny bit of their knowledge for me i'll take that and be grateful. If it makes them feel better to be an asshole I guess that's just part of the deal.

Regardless I still think it's a great forum, the hostile (from people feeling superior) tone here is just part of human nature I guess.

Have a nice day :)

Is it really so necessary to have "can silencers"? If anyone really is that paranoid to have that rattling sound on you, just stuff shirts in your bag and try to keep the cans upright and in place. Or just don't carry so many nearly empty cans. I haven't actually tried these silencer things, but I could imagine them rather useful for quick racking missions.

Originally posted by Entro123+May 12 2005, 04:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Entro123 - May 12 2005, 04:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-symbols@May 12 2005, 12:16 PM

next time you should do your research before you

i have also seen many of the same old fucking questions asked and answered  around here over the years.

Seriously all I'm saying is that if you're going to be an asshole why even bother posting? :) Just because some of us/we consider ourselves vandals doesn't mean we have to be asses to everyone. But again it's not a big deal, I got a good reply and that was all I was after - I can filter out the rest.

"12oz is not a right

it's a privilege."

Indeed. But aside from leaking information that could get people into trouble isn't 12oz made for show casing Graff and perhaps get more people into it - ie: spread out the artform. This is a modern kind of train in the sense that it brings the work out to other people who doesn't live by the tracks or go see them, just as video's and magazines and some of us didnt have the privilege of others tutoring us, so either we have to find and make all the errors ourselves (which is fine paying your dues) or we ask the only place we know - here.

[/b]

i didn't have anyone teaching me either.

plenty of people way back when did not have that, or the net, or videos

and had to do figure shit out for themselves.

i like to remind people who come here looking for advice

and sometimes remind them in a not-so-nice way

that asking for help can be a sign of weakness in graffiti

and as far as people being jerks, you should probably be grateful.. in a way

the art world is one of the most brutal, mean, competitive businesses out there

and i'm not only talking about graffiti

everyone is a critic, and they are harsh.

consider this site and the attitudes of some members an easy prep course in mindsets that you will continue to experience throughout your career

(although of course, graf is still filled with lots of cool people, nice people, good people, some of whom you may consider 'elitist' when in fact they have a great love for their scene.)

the graffiti scene is not in need of any more "spreading"

it is like that first year chemistry course in college.

it is hard as fuck

to weed out all the weaklings who won't make it.

Originally posted by symbols@May 13 2005, 10:20 AM

i didn't have anyone teaching me either.

plenty of people way back when did not have that, or the net, or videos

and had to do figure shit out for themselves.

i like to remind people who come here looking for advice

and sometimes remind them in a not-so-nice way

that asking for help can be a sign of weakness in graffiti

and as far as people being jerks, you should probably be grateful.. in a way

the art world is one of the most brutal, mean, competitive businesses out there

and i'm not only talking about graffiti

everyone is a critic, and they are harsh.

consider this site and the attitudes of some members an easy prep course in mindsets that you will continue to experience throughout your career

(although of course, graf is still filled with lots of cool people, nice people, good people, some of whom you may consider 'elitist' when in fact they have a great love for their scene.)

the graffiti scene is not in need of any more "spreading"

it is like that first year chemistry course in college.

it is hard as fuck

to weed out all the weaklings who won't make it.

Point taken. As I said I can filter out the rest. I wish things were like they were back in the Style Wars days though, but I guess that's in the past. Now a days I would understand someone being extremely reserved when talking in rl (because of narcs) but flaming on a message board just because someone asked a dumb question is something i'll never do. But it's a free world (some of it is anyway).

Thanks for taking the time!

Originally posted by SWX1994@May 13 2005, 04:16 AM

this has seriously got to be the dumbest topic for a thread in the history of internet graffiti. i mean come on, just bust the can open when you finish it.

I kinda gotta agree with homie....

Bust that shit open and see or at least call the company, use your head.

I just got off the phone with sherwin williams/KRYLON. most of there cans use marbles. They do use metal bearings in a few products but she would not disclose which ones. Safe to say your magnets are not going to work. As for ( Rusto, Painters touch, american accent = all the same shit) they cant be silenced. As far as the rattling in your bag get tighter fitting bag or sock your cans. So whoever said most american paint uses glass is 100% correct.

Montanas and beltons and alot of these newer companies are run by innovative writers or people that actually care what there customers want. So to answer the question to the topic of this thread yes montana and belton use Metal berrings. Montana makes silencers with a quite powerful magnet but they only fit montanas and duplicolors. the magnets for those silencerswork on beltons if there disconnected. Im working on a silencer for belton we'll see what happens.

Duplicolor auto engine paints use metal bearings in a bunch of there products from what i hear. rumor is they make a fake montana product ( i dont know if its true) but could explain why they use the metal instead. Ive uce silencers on the Chevy orange and grabber green, but seriously who would bomb with those colors anyhow.

I think this was probably won of the best ideas going so the balls dont rattle when your walking down the street or there people on the other side of the freight or wall whatever. kudos to the wizkids that invented these...goodlooking out for everyone.

If anyone have a good magnet source maybe PM me. Those silencers can be pricy if you dont have a hookup!

That should answer every question...

Originally posted by JHFOREVER@May 13 2005, 04:20 PM

I just got off the phone with sherwin williams/KRYLON. most of there cans use marbles. They do use metal bearings in a few products but she would not disclose which ones. Safe to say your magnets are not going to work. As for ( Rusto, Painters touch, american accent = all the same shit) they cant be silenced. As far as the rattling in your bag get tighter fitting bag or sock your cans. So whoever said most american paint uses glass is 100% correct.

Montanas and beltons and alot of these newer companies are run by innovative writers or people that actually care what there customers want. So to answer the question to the topic of this thread yes montana and belton use Metal berrings. Montana makes silencers with a quite powerful magnet but they only fit montanas and duplicolors. the magnets for those silencerswork on beltons if there disconnected. Im working on a silencer for belton we'll see what happens.

Duplicolor auto engine paints use metal bearings in a bunch of there products from what i hear. rumor is they make a fake montana product ( i dont know if its true) but could explain why they use the metal instead. Ive uce silencers on the Chevy orange and grabber green, but seriously who would bomb with those colors anyhow.

I think this was probably won of the best ideas going so the balls dont rattle when your walking down the street or there people on the other side of the freight or wall whatever. kudos to the wizkids that invented these...goodlooking out for everyone.

If anyone have a good magnet source maybe PM me. Those silencers can be pricy if you dont have a hookup!

Great post - Thanks!

Word up! This is a question that has been plaguing me for mad long now. I did just now get off the phone with krylon and their spokesperson informed me that their balls are made of human feces. Needless to say magnets won't work. I am currently working on

some special paint holsters made from socks that I hope will help to reduce noise pollution while bombing. (I have collaborated with other graffers and noise pollution from cans seems to be the #1 issue facing todays illest bombers.) I'm rigging the holsters to be able to attach to any pair of assless chaps so fags like you should'nt run into any problems with wordrobe compatibility. Hit me off and we can talk pricing.

Originally posted by JHFOREVER+May 13 2005, 09:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHFOREVER - May 13 2005, 09:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SWX1994@May 13 2005, 04:16 AM

this has seriously got to be the dumbest topic for a thread in the history of internet graffiti. i mean come on, just bust the can open when you finish it.

[/b]

Ivegot a good source. Speakers. All speakers have a huge magnet in the middle. If you just rip them out you get a silencer.Im makinng can silencers on thursday out of thermo plastic and a bagnet.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by symbols+May 12 2005, 05:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (symbols - May 12 2005, 05:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>next time you should do your research before you start a thread about it.

i have also seen many of the same old fucking questions asked and answered around here over the years.

fuck yourself.

12oz is not a right

it's a privilege.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-GnomeToys@May 13 2005, 05:51 AM

Symbols wins.

entro=id-yit

..When you say "Research" You mean go on the internet & Look for it..

Well..This is certainly a place to get answer's from other people who have had research..so why not? It's only Convenient & Fast.

I can guarantee you if we cut all the flamer's, this site would produce some of the best