1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Glass or metal balls in Belton / Montana?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Entro123, May 11, 2005.

1. Entro123

Entro123 12oz Junior Member

Glass or metal balls in Belton / Montana?

Discussion started by Entro123 - May 11, 2005

Anyone know whether the balls on Belton and Montana cans is made of glass, metal or something else?

Main reason why I'm asking is because id like to know if I could silence it with a magnet.

Thanks (Here comes the flames)

Entro123 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. dankbag

dankbag New Jack

dankbag - Replied May 11, 2005

my balls are itchy

dankbag - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. SterOne

SterOne 12oz Member

SterOne - Replied May 11, 2005

why dont you fuckin check yourself......common sense man come on

SterOne - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. alcohol swab

alcohol swab 12oz Member

alcohol swab - Replied May 11, 2005

made of stone

alcohol swab - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. GnomeToys

GnomeToys 12oz Elite Member

GnomeToys - Replied May 11, 2005

Hold a magnet to the can, see if it stays in place. Is it that difficult?

GnomeToys - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

HAL - Replied May 11, 2005

Krylon, Rusto, Painter's Touch, American Accents and most american paint uses marbles.

Both Belton and Montana have small metal mixers. They look kind of like BBs. Sometimes cans of Walmart paint also have them, as well as the 25% more cans of Krylon.

Unless you have a strong ass magnet, it's not going to stop them from rattling.

HAL - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. exxell

exxell 12oz Junior Member

exxell - Replied May 11, 2005

im too too lazy.

so do it work?????

exxell - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. opshop

opshop New Jack

opshop - Replied May 12, 2005

dont montana sell 'can silencers' ???

opshop - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. Entro123

Entro123 - Replied May 12, 2005

Seriously you two if I had a magnet and could try it out don't you think I would do it? It's not common sense since I could either

1) Get a magnet and then find out

2) Spend nothing / no time and have a fellow writer help me out.

<!--QuoteBegin-Old Growth
    @May 11 2005, 10:43 PM
    Krylon, Rusto, Painter's Touch, American Accents and most american paint uses marbles.

Both Belton and Montana have small metal mixers. They look kind of like BBs. Sometimes cans of Walmart paint also have them, as well as the 25% more cans of Krylon.

Unless you have a strong ass magnet, it's not going to stop them from rattling.
    [post=3951483]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]

THANK YOU. See this guy is what makes this board good and helpful. He made a reply that took maybe 10 seconds, with useful information and was even polite (a rare thing here). So thank you for making this a great board.

To the rest of you with you're elitist attitudes - fuck you. Yes I'm a toy but atleast I'm trying to get better. Next time you see a toy post, don't waste you're time reading the thread and replying - just move on.

I've researched a bit and found out that Montana (thanks for the heads up) do indeed sell a can magnet - http://www.highlights.nu/highlights/shop/s...p?productId=109 (Can Silencer for spray cans. Attach to bottom and the magnet will sucktion the bullets so they don't rattle.)

And thanks to the nice guy/girl above I now know they work on belton also.

Have a nice day.

Again thank you for the reply, I appriciate it.

10. NeRVe54

NeRVe54 12oz Senior Member

NeRVe54 - Replied May 12, 2005

dudes right^^

NeRVe54 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied May 12, 2005

next time you should do your research before you start a thread about it.

graffiti is not, and should not be, some easy how-to guide
    just imagine what we had to do before the internet.

i have also seen many of the same old fucking questions asked and answered around here over the years.

so save the holier than thou judgement on why people won't be your graffiti tutor.
    fuck yourself.
    we are a bunch of illegal ass stinking vandals on a graf forum
    not Emily Post's Miss Manners Column
    12oz is not a right
    it's a privilege.

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  12. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

whoneedsavet - Replied May 12, 2005

I just looked this up for you
    Montana use a steel ball bearing inside. But it requires a strong magnet (Like the one inside a stero speaker.) something to do with the out shell of the can attracting more than the ball bearing.
    Belton use 2 different types synthetic plastic ones and a plain ole steel ones.

whoneedsavet - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  13. Entro123

Entro123 - Replied May 12, 2005

I didn't mean to come off as "holier than thou". I'm not asking anyone to be a tutor either. I asked if anyone knew whether the bullets were made out of plastic or metal. A simple question with a simple answer (yes / no). I could indeed have gone out and tried to find a magnet some where and then tried myself, but this IS the age of internet and this forum IS called "THE YARD Graff tips, techniques, and advice." I (shame on me) thought I might pose a question here.

Seriously all I'm saying is that if you're going to be an asshole why even bother posting? :) Just because some of us/we consider ourselves vandals doesn't mean we have to be asses to everyone. But again it's not a big deal, I got a good reply and that was all I was after - I can filter out the rest.

"12oz is not a right
    it's a privilege."

Indeed. But aside from leaking information that could get people into trouble isn't 12oz made for show casing Graff and perhaps get more people into it - ie: spread out the artform. This is a modern kind of train in the sense that it brings the work out to other people who doesn't live by the tracks or go see them, just as video's and magazines and some of us didnt have the privilege of others tutoring us, so either we have to find and make all the errors ourselves (which is fine paying your dues) or we ask the only place we know - here.

As for the manners I guess you're right, It's just amusing and sometimes fustrating for someone new that there is so much of the elitist attitude, especially when it's someone humble who asks. Either way I got great respect for those who were here before me, and if they choose to share a tiny bit of their knowledge for me i'll take that and be grateful. If it makes them feel better to be an asshole I guess that's just part of the deal.

Regardless I still think it's a great forum, the hostile (from people feeling superior) tone here is just part of human nature I guess.

Have a nice day :)

14. caffeine

caffeine 12oz Member

caffeine - Replied May 12, 2005

Is it really so necessary to have "can silencers"? If anyone really is that paranoid to have that rattling sound on you, just stuff shirts in your bag and try to keep the cans upright and in place. Or just don't carry so many nearly empty cans. I haven't actually tried these silencer things, but I could imagine them rather useful for quick racking missions.

caffeine - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. InDY_500

InDY_500 12oz Veteran Member

InDY_500 - Replied May 12, 2005

There was a Can Silencer on Ebay about a month ago...

InDY_500 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: