Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

detox

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Jun 24, 2002.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

Well I'm going to start a detoxification regiment.
    I'm not talking about kicking an Opium addiction,
    just cleaning out all those nasty chemicals I've been collecting.

Think of how much nasty shit is left over from all the kegs,
    cigars, coffee benders and paint fumigations in the past year.
    If I had to do a drug test for work... I'd be unemployed!

so what's so bad about toxins ??
    A body overloaded with toxins can result in a number of symptoms. These include constipation, stomach bloat, poor digestion, gas, fatigue, weight gain, excessive mucus, poor concentration, headaches, poor skin, poor memory, depression, body odor, and bad breath.

so waking up feeling hungover most every morning isn't natural?

so what's a guy to do ?

this is my plan... (over the next two weeks)
    *Start taking a serious vegetable supplement like Greens+
    *5 liters of water a day
    *Have a sauna once a day
    *no alcohol
    *bike daily
    *have organic tea instead of coffee

yeah... Just wait... I'll be living like Hemmingway again in no time!

2. JUWSE

JUWSE Junior Member

that about sums it up for me.:eek:

3. beardo

beardo Guest

whats that system clensing thing where you only drink some water/syrup/lemon concoction for like 2 weeks and eat nothing else? ive had a couple freinds do it and they say its great. anybody know what im talking about? id be interested in finding out and giving it a shot.

4. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

I kicked drinking carbonation drinks about a month ago, and I only drink water now....lots of it. Vegetables is also a very good thing to indulge in. Good Luck!!

5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

i am DETO...............................................X anyway i have been strickly water for about a month but thats where it ends.

6. yoink

yoink Elite Member

id like to hear about that also..i havent heard from anyone bout it but? i wonder where you could look up shit like that...but thats a viable source....i too kicked carbonated drinks...except soda water...but cmon thats water! :D and cut back on alcohol...

7. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Ive maintained a pretty healthy diet since i was a kid so im in pretty good shape in that department, although i assume ive done more then enough damage with drinking and smoking (Herb, no tabbaco here.)

good luck.

8. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

go to your local health food store and get this stuff called Bentonite. someone told me how you could feel the drugs being pulled out of your cells. literally, after a day of that stuff, i could feel my mouth going a little numb from the anesthetic from oral surgery that was still stored in the cells. just drink a lopt of water with the stuff and it flushes it all away. too bad i didn't get a small glimpse from ecstacy, but i did pass the drug test

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

yeah... about the LemonWater thing... I've done it.

You make a mix of 2 squeezed Lemons, a tablespoon of real maple syrup.
    (it has to be the real shit... no Aunt Jemimah) and a pinch of powdered Cayenne Pepper.
    Then enough water so that it'll fill a normal sized Water bottle.

So you have to drink nothing but that stuff, take your multis and drink water.
    The longest you're supposed to do is 10 days. And when you come off,
    you're only allowed fruits for the first two days. It's crazy to think of life
    without food. I did the set for 6 days once. It really changes the way you think about your consumption.

doh' ... here's an article saying what I already said.
    here

What is the Lemon Diet?
    The Lemon Diet is one of the easiest fasts I have used in my career as a naturopath. It is a liquid diet regime based on a totally natural drink made from a special organic tree syrup, mixed with fresh lemon juice, spring water and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
    The tree syrup is a blend of maple and palm tree syrups designed to provide a balance of minerals and trace elements. The fresh lemon juice provides vitamin C and potassium, and helps to dissolve mucus and waste. The cayenne pepper adds a zing to the flavour, as well as a stimulatory heating effect, which speeds cleansing and elimination.

Natural Tree Syrup (Pan)

Origin of the Regime
    Fasting has long been an important part of the naturopathic approach to helping the body heal itself.1 Fasting rests the digestive tract, permits detoxification, and stimulates the immune system to speed recovery. Naturopaths use fasting both for treating acute infections, and also for chronic conditions where congestion is a feature, to stimulate elimination, such as asthma, sinusitis, cholecystitis, skin conditions and colitis. There are many types of fast, such as purely water, or a mono-diet of grapes. Many naturopaths may remember the Stanley Borroughs ‘Lemonade Diet’.
    Stanley Borroughs was a naturopath who developed the Lemonade Diet in the 1950s for a patient with a stomach ulcer. His booklet called The Master Cleanser2 described the drink, which originally used organic maple syrup with lemon juice. He describes the fast and its varied uses. Then in the 1980s Burroughs went to Switzerland to work with a team of practitioners including a naturopath, a homeopath and an Ayurvedic and orthodox doctor to develop an improved version. They developed a mix of syrups that would give a better balance of minerals to support the body during the fast and improve the patient’s nutritional status. This unique syrup blend is the basis of the Lemon Diet.
    The product was first marketed in Switzerland in the mid-1980s. The present company director was one of the original team who developed the syrup blend. The booklet The Lemon Diet3 quickly became a bestseller in Denmark. It was translated into Spanish in 1992 and is now in its 28th edition. Currently, over one-and-a-half million litres of the tree syrup are consumed each year in 33 countries, mainly prescribed by naturopaths, homeopaths and Ayurvedic doctors.

10. beardo

beardo Guest

awesome, thanks zesto. ill read up on it a bit more then give it a shot.

.. and it sounds cheap :cool:

11. SayOne

SayOne Guest

my grandma boils a shit load of whole oranges and some herbs for like a couple of hours, lets it sit then from there you drink that shit all day, no food, just that and some quick excercise. For the next week or so youll be shittin out and sweatin shit you didnt even know you had, you lose weight to but the drink is nastier than a muthafucka

12. yoink

yoink Elite Member

goood find zesto

i read the article...it sounds interesting...i guess its just if you have the motivation to stick to it for that amount of time...and not get distracted from it...i wonder if it really works....but the one thing there said no vitamins??? that kinda confused me..i was think you do the liquid thing and just pop a multi every day? ..has anyone here actually done something like this?

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

..has anyone here actually done something like this?

yes... I have... and I stuck it out for a week.
    There may be different deals with the vitamin issue,
    but the general practice is all the same.

here's another thing... you cant chew gum or have sweets.
    The whole point is that no artificial sugars get into your system.
    The ONLY taste you have is spicy lemonade and toothpaste.

so I dropped about 10 pounds in the week, then put 6 back on.

14. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE Elite Member

Awesome, i'm gonna try to do that sometime in the next few weeks. But how can I do it where I cant still eat food? I already dont eat much junkfood but im skinny as hll and i'm not tryin to lose 10 pounds when i'm on this thing. How many days does it take to rid you body of toxins? I don't drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, or take any kind of pill other than vitamins, but there's still probably crap in my body.

15. JIGSAW

JIGSAW Guest

we aint goin out like that, we aint goin out like that..