detox

Guest --zeSto--

Guest --zeSto--

Well I'm going to start a detoxification regiment.

I'm not talking about kicking an Opium addiction,

just cleaning out all those nasty chemicals I've been collecting.

Think of how much nasty shit is left over from all the kegs,

cigars, coffee benders and paint fumigations in the past year.

If I had to do a drug test for work... I'd be unemployed!

so what's so bad about toxins ??

A body overloaded with toxins can result in a number of symptoms. These include constipation, stomach bloat, poor digestion, gas, fatigue, weight gain, excessive mucus, poor concentration, headaches, poor skin, poor memory, depression, body odor, and bad breath.

so waking up feeling hungover most every morning isn't natural?

so what's a guy to do ?

this is my plan... (over the next two weeks)

*Start taking a serious vegetable supplement like Greens+

*5 liters of water a day

*Have a sauna once a day

*no alcohol

*bike daily

*have organic tea instead of coffee

yeah... Just wait... I'll be living like Hemmingway again in no time!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by --zeSto--

...constipation, stomach bloat, poor digestion, gas, fatigue, weight gain, excessive mucus, poor concentration, headaches, poor skin, poor memory, depression, body odor, and bad breath.

that about sums it up for me.:o

Guest beardo

whats that system clensing thing where you only drink some water/syrup/lemon concoction for like 2 weeks and eat nothing else? ive had a couple freinds do it and they say its great. anybody know what im talking about? id be interested in finding out and giving it a shot.

Originally posted by beardo

whats that system clensing thing where you only drink some water/syrup/lemon concoction for like 2 weeks and eat nothing else? ive had a couple freinds do it and they say its great. anybody know what im talking about? id be interested in finding out and giving it a shot.

id like to hear about that also..i havent heard from anyone bout it but? i wonder where you could look up shit like that...but thats a viable source....i too kicked carbonated drinks...except soda water...but cmon thats water! :D and cut back on alcohol...

Guest Dyptheria

go to your local health food store and get this stuff called Bentonite. someone told me how you could feel the drugs being pulled out of your cells. literally, after a day of that stuff, i could feel my mouth going a little numb from the anesthetic from oral surgery that was still stored in the cells. just drink a lopt of water with the stuff and it flushes it all away. too bad i didn't get a small glimpse from ecstacy, but i did pass the drug test

Guest --zeSto--

yeah... about the LemonWater thing... I've done it.

You make a mix of 2 squeezed Lemons, a tablespoon of real maple syrup.

(it has to be the real shit... no Aunt Jemimah) and a pinch of powdered Cayenne Pepper.

Then enough water so that it'll fill a normal sized Water bottle.

So you have to drink nothing but that stuff, take your multis and drink water.

The longest you're supposed to do is 10 days. And when you come off,

you're only allowed fruits for the first two days. It's crazy to think of life

without food. I did the set for 6 days once. It really changes the way you think about your consumption.

doh' ... here's an article saying what I already said.

here

What is the Lemon Diet?

The Lemon Diet is one of the easiest fasts I have used in my career as a naturopath. It is a liquid diet regime based on a totally natural drink made from a special organic tree syrup, mixed with fresh lemon juice, spring water and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

The tree syrup is a blend of maple and palm tree syrups designed to provide a balance of minerals and trace elements. The fresh lemon juice provides vitamin C and potassium, and helps to dissolve mucus and waste. The cayenne pepper adds a zing to the flavour, as well as a stimulatory heating effect, which speeds cleansing and elimination.

Natural Tree Syrup (Pan)

Origin of the Regime

Fasting has long been an important part of the naturopathic approach to helping the body heal itself.1 Fasting rests the digestive tract, permits detoxification, and stimulates the immune system to speed recovery. Naturopaths use fasting both for treating acute infections, and also for chronic conditions where congestion is a feature, to stimulate elimination, such as asthma, sinusitis, cholecystitis, skin conditions and colitis. There are many types of fast, such as purely water, or a mono-diet of grapes. Many naturopaths may remember the Stanley Borroughs ‘Lemonade Diet’.

Stanley Borroughs was a naturopath who developed the Lemonade Diet in the 1950s for a patient with a stomach ulcer. His booklet called The Master Cleanser2 described the drink, which originally used organic maple syrup with lemon juice. He describes the fast and its varied uses. Then in the 1980s Burroughs went to Switzerland to work with a team of practitioners including a naturopath, a homeopath and an Ayurvedic and orthodox doctor to develop an improved version. They developed a mix of syrups that would give a better balance of minerals to support the body during the fast and improve the patient’s nutritional status. This unique syrup blend is the basis of the Lemon Diet.

The product was first marketed in Switzerland in the mid-1980s. The present company director was one of the original team who developed the syrup blend. The booklet The Lemon Diet3 quickly became a bestseller in Denmark. It was translated into Spanish in 1992 and is now in its 28th edition. Currently, over one-and-a-half million litres of the tree syrup are consumed each year in 33 countries, mainly prescribed by naturopaths, homeopaths and Ayurvedic doctors.

Guest SayOne

my grandma boils a shit load of whole oranges and some herbs for like a couple of hours, lets it sit then from there you drink that shit all day, no food, just that and some quick excercise. For the next week or so youll be shittin out and sweatin shit you didnt even know you had, you lose weight to but the drink is nastier than a muthafucka

goood find zesto

i read the article...it sounds interesting...i guess its just if you have the motivation to stick to it for that amount of time...and not get distracted from it...i wonder if it really works....but the one thing there said no vitamins??? that kinda confused me..i was think you do the liquid thing and just pop a multi every day? ..has anyone here actually done something like this?

Guest --zeSto--

..has anyone here actually done something like this?

yes... I have... and I stuck it out for a week.

There may be different deals with the vitamin issue,

but the general practice is all the same.

here's another thing... you cant chew gum or have sweets.

The whole point is that no artificial sugars get into your system.

The ONLY taste you have is spicy lemonade and toothpaste.

so I dropped about 10 pounds in the week, then put 6 back on.

Awesome, i'm gonna try to do that sometime in the next few weeks. But how can I do it where I cant still eat food? I already dont eat much junkfood but im skinny as hll and i'm not tryin to lose 10 pounds when i'm on this thing. How many days does it take to rid you body of toxins? I don't drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, or take any kind of pill other than vitamins, but there's still probably crap in my body.

Guest --zeSto--

every person is carrying around at least 10 pounds of garbage

in their system at any given moment. You'll loose weight according to how

much you can loose. There's a point where you wont loose anymore weight,

because there is no more waste to breakdown.

Just keep drinking heaps of water and you wont really get hungry.

The worst craving is simply for the taste of food. Your palate get bored.

*no alcohol

It sounded good until right there...

see that? yeah, riiiiiight there. Yup, you got it.

haha..im playing...

but seriously, i dont drink coke or anything anymore, just gatorade and water... and ive been eating alot of salads or poultry..i went from like 180 to 163 in the last 2 weeks...no lie..

Plus i run, play hockey and chase skirt...

chasin skirt wears me out the most...

:D

Guest beardo

zesto.. did you experience a lot of ralphing durring your week on this thing? i know a buddy of mine was heaving quite a bit when he did it. my only concern is being at work all day and ralphing my guts out.

Guest --zeSto--

whoa!

I never heaved at all.

Something isn't right about that.

But I just remembered a very important point.

Get yourself a box of a very gentle laxative tea.

Without any food in your system, you may feel some nausea.

The laxative just keeps your system moving,

and keeps the toxins moving out.

You will notice your energy levels going down.

So dont do anything too strenous, like marathon running.

that may cause some heaving.

Guest beardo

i can imagine he wasnt doing it under the best circumstances, driving around the country for the summer.

cool

barfing sucks

Hrmm odd that you should be doing this now.. Ive been thinking of doing something similar for a while. I rarely ever drink carbonated drinks and other than orange juice and wine I dont drink much of anything...tell me how it goes....

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Taking shits in the course of those two weeks sounds like the most horrifying experience I could imagine. Just pure liquid shits, all spiced up with cayenne... ugh. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest --zeSto--

hahaha.... no man.. it's not like that at all.

You dont get liquid shits or even the dreaded 'ring of fire'.

You just get normal little poo-poos every few days. It's not that bad.

Eating at Burger King or a night of drinking beer

will give you a worse feeling than a liquid fast.

I'm going to share my theory about doing drugs and quitting drugs, because I feel that some of you may find it helpful. When you do a drug, you do it because it makes you feel a certain way...high. Many times this is because a person feels that it's necessary to be high to either deal with everyday hardships or to relax. So, a drug releases certain chemicals in your head that make you think that you're ok, everything's cool. After a period of time using said drug, a person may become more or less dependent on this substance to feel ok, making it abnormal feeling to be sober. Ok, so your body doesn't feel normal without a drug...now....

You ever notice those people that are health freaks? They eat healthy, they're all hardcore about being on a good diet. They workout, on a schedule. These people are getting the same effect you get from doing drugs, from doing perfectly good for your body activities. They do something that they know is good for them....and inside their head chemicals are released, making them feel good about themselves. The chemical imbalance is still there, and the brain still is "tricked" into releasing feel good chemicals, it's just that they are using a much better method of doing so.

So....I think that just knowing this can help you. The knowledge that you are using a drug to feel normal is a good one. If you listened, thanks. I hope this helps someone.

Btw, it has helped me. I've quit smoking cigarettes and weed on nothing but willpower. And I don't drink. I've also found myself moving towards a more healthy life style (ie. drinking nothing but water and juice, eating vegetables alot more, sleeping the same amount of hours every night.)

Guest beardo

hahaha

you can disreguard my post in your Tool thread then ;)

i dont do a lot of drugs or even drink that much. im just trying to clean myself out of everyday crap.

Guest --zeSto--

word!

with a name like Dirty Habit... you're talking some clean living.

I know a few people (mostly girls)

who are obsessive about working out

and counting colories. They get that feeling from exercise.

I know a few people (mostly boys)

who are round-the-clock chronics.

They say they aren't addicted, but couldn't imagine a day sober.

I've been riding the bike every day, and would feel like shit if I didn't do it for a week.

One of the hardest things Zesto is sticking with it even though you feel shitty. It'll go away after a while, and you'll begin to realise that feeling like a million bucks doesn't have to come from a substance. I don't know if you smoke cigarettes or if anyone else does, but that shit is, I'm not fucking kidding in the least bit, the hardest shit in the world to quit....no fucking joke.

Guest --zeSto--

I quit smoking cold turkey.

I took a week off from work and just spent all my time down at the pool

and wandering around the city. I think they key to breaking a 'dirty habit'

is to change your routine. You know that first smoke of the day?

Well find something else to do with your time. Move on and Move up.

I'm not going to quit anything now (my vices are few)

but I know that there's a world of junk waiting in my body to get purged.

** during a fast, you will feel cold. It's great... hoodies all the time!

You know that first smoke of the day?

Exactly! To quit smoking, run out of cigarettes before you go to sleep....wake up and smoke not another one, for the rest of your life. You see, that 8 hours or whatever that you sleep is most likely the longest you go with out smoking a cigarette. During the day, do you ever go 8 hours without smoking? No, you smoke like at least 2 every hour, I imagine. So, everytime you smoke, the nicotine is in your system, and it slowly decreases, and your mind starts saying, what the fuck, smoke again. So you smoke, and the chemical is increased again. So, that 8 sleeping hours decreases the chemical alot more than it would normally decrease, long enough for you to want a cigarette to a lesser degree than you would had you smoked 20 minutes ago. The longer you go since your last cigarette, the less you want another one.

The best time to smoke your last cigarette is before you sleep at night....that's the easiest way to quit cold turkey.

Archived