Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CLITORIS BOJITORIS (New Music Thread)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by George Dubyah Bush, Mar 3, 2002.

1. George Dubyah Bush

George Dubyah Bush Senior Member

Hey, Gwb needs some new music........what's you guysis playlist? Good songs or band names would be appreciated.

As of recently, i've been listening to alot of:
    Poison the Well ( Their new record)
    .hopesfall.
    Most Precious Blood
    Radiohead

......eh thats it basically. I really need some new tunes in the rotation. And i'm talking about good stuff, like those songs that make you go "duhdududud,.......dudududu Damn."

Thanks goodnite

2. tue skinny

tue skinny Elite Member

good good good.
    poison the well- torn ( i like it dont ask me why you might too.)
    talib kweli- eternalist
    masta ace- ghetto like
    sting- desert rose( fuck yah)
    sneaker pimps- six feet underground
    orbital- hackers ( i like it alot )

3. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

I don't consider myself very learned in music.....but I'd say listen to some Sublime. Lately I've been listening to the albums Second Hand Smoke and Robbin the Hood, and enjoying them both....and of course 40oz. to Freedom is always nice...and I would say Dr. Octogon, but it doesn't seem like your speed....

4. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

sublime........ any song/album is essential.
    goldfinger - 99 red balloons
    basement jazz - wheres your head at.... dont ask, i dont know either.
    strung out - asking for the world
    downway - skywalker
    chopin ballad No. 1 in g minor...... yeah dont ask i dunno
    chixdiggit - feel like gerry cheevers
    ben harper - burn one down
    u2 - sunday bloody sunday
    incubus - anti gravity love song
    def leopard - foolin
    lou reed - perfect day
    STP - big empty

i listen to shitty music.

5. When

When 12oz Loyalist

shitty! shitty? STP is great music i can listen to any of their CDs the whole way through

ive been listening to...
    -the misfits
    -radiohead
    -STP
    -def leppard
    -gnr
    -smashing pumpkins

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

manherringbone
    deftones
    the softies
    the get up kids
    aphex twin

7. eros

eros Senior Member

cd's that are currently in my car (those cd's that I frequently listen to):

otis redding (mix)
    bjork (post)
    Phish (a few different live shows)
    Al green (greatest hits)
    Madball (demonstrate my style)
    ralph stanley (mix)
    q-tip

8. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

there is a poison the well quicktime video on poisonfree.com. i believe it is the 'artists . . .' one.

i swore i'd never do this, but here is what i have been listening to lately:

judas priest - breaking the law

elvis - kentucky rain

prayer for cleansing - anything (REALLY good, fast metal/hardcore with nice sounding guitars/double bass. look on morpheus. amazing.)

this bike is a pipe bomb - black panther song

glasseater - face the floor

templars - about anything

bobby vinton - blue on blue

modest mouse - teeth like god's shoeshine

rushmore soundtrack

love is red - anything (loveisred.com)

9. HELLSATAN

HELLSATAN Guest

beastie boys
    enewetak
    oxbaker
    sudden impact

10. George Dubyah Bush

Thanks for responses......

Ok, here's what i got down on my list of to download......

Beastie Boys- Always dope, but i have all their cd's and b sides. I never acquired the dvd since its like almost 30 bucks i think.

311 is always dope. i've been listening to music lately. Lots of good reggae feel to that album.....but i own all their albums so i have pretty much nothing else to download. and i got their new home video which is dope as fizzuck.

Modest Mouse.......i might download since everyone's riding their nuts on how good they are........

The New Aphex Twin album.....This guy's music has always blown me away. I haven't heard music lately that just made me shocked/amazed quite like Richard D James' music has.

I saw glasseater live, i really didn't like them. They played a good live show, but their songs lacked. maybe i have to borrow a cd from theirs, otherwise i stand by that........

Love is red..........what is that about. i've been hearing alot about them. what they play?

Incubus and deftones i've overplayed last year...so i've been taking a vacation from their cd's

I'm considering Sublime.

and smashing pumpkins i only own their essential records.......simease and melon collie. I rented ava adore from the library. i really didn't pay much attention to it. I didn't even rip it or burn it. And i've also picked up Beck's mutations.....and Chemical Brothers' Surrender. Both pretty good albums.

And other stuff i've been digging........Unearth, Stretch Armstrong, Hatebreed's sampler of their new album coming out soon...........
    ......and im really anticpating TEAM SLEEP. Derek from Poison The Well says this album is amazing.............

........any new albums coming out that i should anticpating?

11. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

the dedication.
    dystopia.
    pretty girls make graves.
    wu tang clan.
    johnny cash.
    dead milkman.
    blood thirsty butchers.
    the roots.

12. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

http://images.mp3.com/mp3s/81/resources/695/795/files/6957954.jpg'>

love is red is melodic hardcore from the south. florida or something. maybe georgia. who knows. they're good. i like em a lot. if you only download one song, download 'laney boggs'. link is below.

[url=http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/174/love_is_red.html]love is red at mp3.com[/url]

13. George Dubyah Bush

Definately. definately. There's alot of good songs........and alot of different moods and textures to it. its definately good for their 7th album. i think 6th studio......not to mention b sides and their independent releases.

14. George Dubyah Bush

Soundsystem is like a standard album. Its has its good points its weaknesses.....etc. Music is a really good album. ummm, lots of reggae influence.but its still good stuff. Anyways. the live album is good too, but i got half their albums either half off at the pre owned cd store.......or i got them for free by burning or renting them off the library and burning them. inf act alot of my music comes from the library, but thats cuz we have a dope. rich as fuck library with alot of new cd's and cd's from the 90's.

15. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

radiohead-kid a

pedro the lion-its hard to find a friend

waxwing-nobody can take what everybody owns(not yet released)

american football and early day miners-mix

cats with hands-this machine is to him

the blood brothers-march on electric chlidren

thats about it this last month or so......