Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

C H U R C H

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by T=E=A=S=E, Mar 29, 2004.

1. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

Do you go now? Did you go when you were growing up? What are your thoughts on church? What keeps you from going if you don't?

personally, I don't go to church now, I never did really when I was growing up either. I'm not fond of church much at all. I don't like preachers, I don't like most church goers, and I just don't know about the whole bible thing either.

I'm listening to this cd my mom got from the church she attends here and there, and I don't know, some of the stuff on it is good advice, but I can't stand how preachers come off as know it alls, or like, cult leaders. Shit irritates me.

I find myself constantly wondering if I'm just going against the grain by not going to church, or strongly believing in god, and all that other shit. And wondering if I chose to be *saved* supposively ( :rolleyes: ) if my life would improve at all... :lol:

anyways, what do you guys think about all that stuff...

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

3. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

i used to go, was forced

i dont go now cuz my beliefs in God and all are so much different from churches and all. I believe and all, i just dont feel like i need to go to a building with others to worship God

4. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

ditto

6. MrZeSo

MrZeSo New Jack

Kr430n5_666 do you worship the devil of something?
    you too Mr.ABC?

7. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

[​IMG]

8. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

now now children, let's try to behave...

9. suicidebombr

suicidebombr Member

use to go, but not anymore. i believe in god and all, but church is bullshit.

10. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

I WORSHIP MYSELF NOT SOME ANCIENT MYTHOLOGICAL ENTITY. I DONT RUN ALONG WITH SPIRITUAL PIPEDREAMS.

11. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

anton would be proud

12. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

see, my view, God dropped us here, then hands off, he laughs at us all the got-damned time. I mean, we are His "children". Much like our parents, the love has to be there. Therefore, all the "worship" shit is just that, shit. I dont need to go spreading what i believe, let people do what they want, thats where church pisses me off the most. "go recruit people to believe what we do". That is just total bullshit

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.kak.ru/images/archive/13-14/epica/EP04004.jpg'>
    "YOU PSEUDO-CHRISTIANS/CATHOLICS. YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE. YOU WANT TO TOUCH REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. STOP FUCKING LYING TO YOURSELVES. YOU ARE OVERINDULGENT NOT RELIGIOUS."

14. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

I used to go as a kid. My grandfather used to make me go to a baptist church in L.A... an all-black church... a few whites and hispanics though... you know, with the jumping, hootin and hollerin and singin and old black ladies catching the holy ghost and whatnot...

I stopped going at about age 13 because my dad says there's "too many hypocrites" in church. Too many backstabbers and fakers who want to be good on Sunday and were just at the club fighting and gettin drunk on Saturday.

He said that your "church" should be of the mind and spirit. You should at least try to be good and moral 7 days a week, and should be self-disciplined. I'm not speaking like it's from experience. That's just what my dad said. I still do crazy things that people wouldn't deem "moral". But I'm still young. When I get older I'll probably end all that.

15. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

organised religion is a scam. if there is a god, he/she doesn't care whether you're sitting in a church bored shitless or at home catching z's on a sunday morning.

if you were an all powerful entity would you be either a. watching what 6 billion people were doing every minute of every day, or b. roaming around the universe looking for some goddess ass to tap?