C H U R C H

T=E=A=S=E

Do you go now? Did you go when you were growing up? What are your thoughts on church? What keeps you from going if you don't?

personally, I don't go to church now, I never did really when I was growing up either. I'm not fond of church much at all. I don't like preachers, I don't like most church goers, and I just don't know about the whole bible thing either.

I'm listening to this cd my mom got from the church she attends here and there, and I don't know, some of the stuff on it is good advice, but I can't stand how preachers come off as know it alls, or like, cult leaders. Shit irritates me.

I find myself constantly wondering if I'm just going against the grain by not going to church, or strongly believing in god, and all that other shit. And wondering if I chose to be *saved* supposively ( :rolleyes: ) if my life would improve at all... :lol:

anyways, what do you guys think about all that stuff...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

see, my view, God dropped us here, then hands off, he laughs at us all the got-damned time. I mean, we are His "children". Much like our parents, the love has to be there. Therefore, all the "worship" shit is just that, shit. I dont need to go spreading what i believe, let people do what they want, thats where church pisses me off the most. "go recruit people to believe what we do". That is just total bullshit

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E

Do you go now? Did you go when you were growing up? What are your thoughts on church? What keeps you from going if you don't?

I used to go as a kid. My grandfather used to make me go to a baptist church in L.A... an all-black church... a few whites and hispanics though... you know, with the jumping, hootin and hollerin and singin and old black ladies catching the holy ghost and whatnot...

I stopped going at about age 13 because my dad says there's "too many hypocrites" in church. Too many backstabbers and fakers who want to be good on Sunday and were just at the club fighting and gettin drunk on Saturday.

He said that your "church" should be of the mind and spirit. You should at least try to be good and moral 7 days a week, and should be self-disciplined. I'm not speaking like it's from experience. That's just what my dad said. I still do crazy things that people wouldn't deem "moral". But I'm still young. When I get older I'll probably end all that.

Originally posted by MrZeSo

Kr430n5_666 do you worship the devil of something?

you too Mr.ABC?

organised religion is a scam. if there is a god, he/she doesn't care whether you're sitting in a church bored shitless or at home catching z's on a sunday morning.

if you were an all powerful entity would you be either a. watching what 6 billion people were doing every minute of every day, or b. roaming around the universe looking for some goddess ass to tap?

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

organised religion is a scam. if there is a god, he/she doesn't care whether you're sitting in a church bored shitless or at home catching z's on a sunday morning.

if you were an all powerful entity would you be either a. watching what 6 billion people were doing every minute of every day, or b. roaming around the universe looking for some goddess ass to tap?

totally agree, but if you were all powerful you would

a. be able to tap all the ass you wanted AND watch the 6 billion people make retards outta themselves every minute of every day

b. not have to be roaming, the ass would float to you like black people to an unlocked house

Originally posted by onesecondple

totally agree, but if you were all powerful you would

a. be able to tap all the ass you wanted AND watch the 6 billion people make retards outta themselves every minute of every day

what i am saying is who in there right mind would want to sit and watch 6 billion people eat sleep shit and breath 24/7? sounds as boring as a bag of toenail clippings to me

Sigmund Freud's theory on God, is that "God" is nothing but mankind's projection of a childish wish for parental protection from the vicissitudes and sufferings of human existence. Man has a natural inclination to want to be "nurtured" and "protected", even to the extremes of some unseen source. He refers to this as the "father complex".

He claims that religion nothing more than an illusion created by man's "wishes" in an attempt to rectify his seemingly meaningless existence, and a solution to provide societal order, and to give comfort and happiness.

Although an atheist, Freud admits that it would be socially unwise and unsafe for the world to be atheistic.

Like many of his theories, it is interesting and controversial to say the least, but I for one believe in a higher-being and some sort of "purpose" for all of this.

I also believe I'm done rambling.

i went when i was younger, was an alter boy and the whole bit, received several catholic sacraments. i went to some funky hippyish church when i was real young with my parents, all i remember is people holding hands in a circle and singing, then moving in a circle (no joke). my parents got into catholicism and made me regularly attend and do the alter boy bit. naturally i rebeled and did not want to go. my senior year of high school i got a job and didn't have to go anymore and havn't gone since.

at one point i bought the catholic religion, believed in god and believed in hell for those who didnt accept jesus. i remember being a kid and being scared shitless that i could go to hell and be tortured with red hot rods for eternity. well, i grew up and came to the conclusion that it is all shit. i dont think theres a god that personally loves me and knows every move i make. sure, its a flattering thought that someone knows every hair on my head, but it all comes down to that...thinking shit up just to feel good.

god must be a stalker, thats the only answer i can come up with abc

but i strongly oppose the belief in god, gods, anything to that effect for that matter, as makros said i believe in my self, i give my self the power and ability to do what ever it is i do, i dont believe in fate/destiney either, we all are in control of our own lives, the ones who believe shit will just happen are the ones were nothing happens to them, you need to take action and control of your own life and stop believing that some omnipotent being is actually looking out for you, sarah from making the band said god touched her voice, bitch i will rip your vocal chords out...at least then you can say daze touched your voice and people will believe it

hahahahaha Well i see TheoHuxtable posted a pic of either him and his special ed friends or he has retarded looking family members

Wow i struck a nerve asking if Kr430n5_666 and Ms.ABC if they worship satan. its a yes or no question kids.

I got a gang of droogies thinking out loud.

I hate people who are overly involved in church, because everything they do, no matter what it is, they have to quote shit from the bible, or praise the lord, or thank jesus for it happening or not happening and so on... I can't fucking stand that shit!

It's like every little thing they do they have to consult the bible to see what so and so did, or what they think they should do, based on what some book says. That's a shitty way to live your life.

I also think it's fucked up to pray or look to god whenever youre looking for something to work out in your favor... i constantly find myself doing that, and I've sinced stop saying "please god let this go my way" or whatever else you wanna say... because i think it's fucked up that I dont go to church, or read the bible, or overly believe in god period, yet I'm if and when I do "pray to god" it's to get something for myself, or asking for something good to happen for me, which is selfish and fucked up.

sigh.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

what i am saying is who in there right mind would want to sit and watch 6 billion people eat sleep shit and breath 24/7? sounds as boring as a bag of toenail clippings to me

see, if you all powerful, you can choose where you wanna look man. Just think, He/She could look and be like "haha, they worshipin me and i aint showed them i even exist, while that other ninja Mr. Abc sittin in his house gettin dome. They all gonna end up in heaven, what a bunch of fucktards.

Or he could watch thousands of people fight over the "holy lands" when he probably thinks that land is shit and some place like new zealand is the holy land and no one wants it. So much funny shit goin on all the time

but yes, i get what you are sayin. He probably cruises his crazy milky way galaxy cruizer at 20 lsph (light speeds per hour) and hits other Gods cars with bowling balls

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

Sigmund Freud's theory on God, is that "God" is nothing but mankind's projection of a childish wish for parental protection from the vicissitudes and sufferings of human existence. Man has a natural inclination to want to be "nurtured" and "protected", even to the extremes of some unseen source. He refers to this as the "father complex".

He claims that religion nothing more than an illusion created by man's "wishes" in an attempt to rectify his seemingly meaningless existence, and a solution to provide societal order, and to give comfort and happiness.

Although an atheist, Freud admits that it would be socially unwise and unsafe for the world to be atheistic.

Like many of his theories, it is interesting and controversial to say the least, but I for one believe in a higher-being and some sort of "purpose" for all of this.

I also believe I'm done rambling.

thats some damn good ideas there, smart man that siggy siggy.

And yes, there is a point, to get on 12oz and make fun of rookies who think they know