Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Attn: All artistic types

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by CinchedWaist, Feb 16, 2005.

1. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

Ok, here is the deal.
    I'll try and keep it as short as possible.

I'm a procrastinator. I work well under pressure and tend not to work on projects until the last moment possible. Well, this has caught up with me this time and thats why I need your help.

There is this graffiti group in chicago. Except they don't do normal graffiti- they write YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL everywhere. Billboards, installations, stickers, everything. I really admire their work.

So I jumped at the chance when I heard they were giving out about 100 books for people to fill out. Taken from their website:
    "Participant responds to the statements on the front & back cover.
    As the books are filled, the line of distinction between 'You Are' & 'I Am' Blurs.
    Currently there are 112 books circulating around the world."

Yes, around the world. I checked the list and its pretty neat.
    Ireland, Germany, Lithuania, Norway...most are in the US though.

I got my book roughly in November. It is due back June 30. And of course I have not done anything in it yet. School has really taken over my life, leaving me hardly anytime for anything else.

This is where you guys come in (hopefully). I need you to help me fill this thing out. You can really do whatever you want. Paste in collages, pictures, draw, paint, whatever. The basis is to respond to the words "You are" "I am." Of course I'm going to give it to my friends and family, but I have my doubts about them filling enough pages. I want to do the first couple, after which I will pass it along. I already know what I want to do so I figure I'll finish before march 1.

So I need a list of all those who are down. I know there are an extreme number of creative types in channel 0, most of which I can trust. This will be similar to the postcard and camera thing, except with a book.

I forgot to mention there will be an exhibition of all books when we give them back. Not only will this be fun, but your work will be seen by a great number of people back in Chicago.

There are a few catches, however. Because this is time limited your time with the book will be limited. However many people want to do this will determine how long you get with the book. I figure i will try to give you a date for when the book has to go back out. Let your friends and family do stuff in it, whatever....but it will have to go out before or on the date I give you. I want to have the book back by May 1.

So whoever is down, let me know. Reply in this thread or email me:
    [email protected]

I'm thinking that by Feb 23/24 I will put together the official list. You guys must email me with your address. Everyone will get an anonymous address of the person they are to send the book to when this thing gets rollin.

Another thing- please, please, please- if you are not serious about doing this then don't sign up. I remember with the Christmas postcards alot of people who said they would participate didn't get around to it. So if you don't think you'll be able to realistically finish a few pages or won't get the book out on time, don't do it.

Whoever participates will really be helping me out. Besides, it should be fun and your work will be seen by a whole mess of people at the exhibition. Thanks to all in advance who are down. :)

Here is their website for more info:
    you are beautiful

go to collaberations/ you are i am/ 112 books circulating. Check out some of the sneak peeks. A few of them look really neat.

Let me know asap if you want to work on this. Thanks alot!
    CW

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

yo cinched, I'm down.

3. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

i reallly like this idea, and wanna say yes, but need a day or two to think about if it'll actually get done.. cuz i procrastinate like theres no tomorrow sometimes..

why not ask your boyfriend to fill some stuff in? he does good work.

4. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

i like the you are beautiful cups in fences. just thought i add that.

5. Coffie Crave

Coffie Crave Senior Member

6. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

those sneak peaks make it look pretty cool. All the books together in one spot would be very neat. maybe i'll fly to chi town to check it out when its all done.

7. CinchedWaist

I have a good amount of friends and family that can fill some stuff in. My boyfriend will do something, of course.
    The real problem is the time. 200 something odd pages requires time and people. The time i'm short on so I really need some more people.
    Plus, I'm excited about getting the book back with all kinds of creative surprises.
    Plus, alot of channel zero people kick ass artistically speaking.

8. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i really want to say yes but i have so many ongoing projects that im working on. including my zine - i've been so tied up with that.

give me a couple of days. actually give me till next week when i get back. but im sure i will give in and help. i always do!

9. CinchedWaist

best believe I'm going to be bumping this shit everyday.
    Whoever wants to do this (Steve, so far) email me so I have your email down. Coffie, I'll be emailing you when things have all come together.
    I don't want to have trouble tracking everyone down.
    thanks

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

cinched...how big is the book? page sizes? max # of pages we can do?

;)

11. colt45oe800

colt45oe800 Member

Sign me up dropped you an email Cinched

12. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

not that i dont have faith in you guys but does anyone remember the 12oz journal project? who ended up with that anyway?

13. colt45oe800

colt45oe800 Member

and they way those coffee cup messages unfolded on that fence were comical.
    the photo sequence shows people interacting directly without them knowing. good stuff

14. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

I'll help out Cinched, I'm in Chicago. The You Are Beautiful campaign is really great, too... I loved the train posters they did.

[email protected]