Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

American Sports...why football (soccer to you) will never catch in the US

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Oct 23, 2002.

1. After replying in Boogies thread about ad money and the evil that media do i realised something.
    Football(soccer) will never succeed in the states for one reason, its not ad friendly. A football game lasts 90 minutes and divides in two halfs (each 45 min) the break in between is about 15 minutes and thats the only ad time there is to a match. After seeing lots of American sports in satelite transmition i realised that all your games have a brake every 5 minutes or so that is used for ads...
    So there is no way american media will ever support football in a large national scale just because its not as profitable as the other games.

Thats all
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today: UEFA Champions league, Manchester United VS Olympiakos

2. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Good, Lets fucking hope so.. Didn`t they try in the 1994 world cup to try and have 4 quaters instead of 2 halfs??

3. ^^^Biggest joke of all history, There's just NO way football will ever change

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

football (soccer) is the bane of my existence. every time there is a match on i have to wade my way through the countless drunk pieces of human shit that come out on the streets, or have to put up with their singing and chanting in the street below my apartment. it is reeeallly annoying

5. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Thank God mate, it`s a beautiful game and one them yanks can`t spoil..

6. sneak

sneak Guest

^^damn right!

anyone see the arsenal game?

7. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

yeah, and I thought it was funny..Fucking gooners..Yid Army!

8. sneak

sneak Guest

i rekon they will have a loosing streak now and everyone will laugh...

9. 768186

768186 Guest

the rest of the world calls it footbal, futebol, futbol, what have you...as it should be ......but here were so dumb we had to call it soccer, because our football is different (in that you use your hands mostly, but its called football)....so as you can see we got it all backwards...
    still, i think soccer is a good sport

10. beardo

beardo Guest

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

apparently soccer or european football is the fastest growing sport in canada right now. i dont believe it, but maybe it was just due to the world cup fever. i hope soccer doesent catch on in the us. its just not american. its the same as american football will never catch on in europe. and i hope it never does.

as for hockey........ well you euros seem to enjoy it, but just cant do it like we canadians can. you yanks cant do it like us either. then again we cant do soccer like the euros can. what the fuck am i saying. i dont know.

12. sneak

sneak Guest

its ok, we all know your "different".....lol

13. your loss

yeah beard...all that advertising...:eek:

14. 768186

768186 Guest

no one does it like the brazilians tho

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

ok guys... it's a really simple concept... SPLIT SCREEN !

durringthe world cup over here they'd still run commercials,
    but it would only take 1/3 of the screen and the game would continue
    in the other box. Plus they have this EVIL technology that they use
    to paint logos on to the turf of football games while they wait for a play.
    Luckily soccer moves around too fast to sit on 1 framing that long.

GOOOAAAAALLLLLl !