Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Alcoholics Anonymous

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by kido, Aug 1, 2004.

1. kido

kido Senior Member

This may be a fitting Sunday morning thread, who knows? Im an alcoholic, I am a serious problem drinker. If theres anyone out there that cant get sober AA is the place.

Is there anyone in the program, anyone that wants to share, this is an open discusion meeting:eek: :)

The floor is open

2. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

i can't quit smoking at all and for the first time i'm frieghtened because of that

3. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Well the first step is to admit that you have no power over your drinking and that your life has become unmanageable.

4. kido

kido Senior Member

Being young it is very difficult to get through that step. I breezed through the first three steps, because I was really down and out, but the shit storm passed, and I was back to thinking that I could be a functioning alcoholic and that I could manage my life.

Part of the insanity of this disease is that we tend to put that shit storm behind us pretty easily and drink away those past resentments

5. kido

kido Senior Member

The 12 Suggested Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous

We admitted we were powerless over alcohol--that our lives had become unmanageable.

Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

7. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

Hello, my name is Bruno, and I'm an alcoholic.

8. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

I can't quit smoking either. I don't drink all that often, maybe like once every 2 months

9. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

I thought this thread was going to be about being sentenced to AA for probation then asking whether or not you can actually have those sheets forged like a cast-iron check and still turned in without ever having to worry about anything...

The answer is yes.

10. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

im addicted to ciggarette's and its becoming very expensive

11. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

None of you are as addicted to nicotine as I am, period.

I actually find myself rolling tobacco out of half-smoked butts [/homoblock] when I run out of squares pretty regularly.

It's sick, sad and disgusting but I'll be good goddamned if I'm going to let something as small as pride and self-restraint get in the way of my addictions.

12. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, 7 or 8 bucks in ny, that shit is fucking nuts! im glad my ass does not smoke.

13. kido

kido Senior Member

hi bruno

Some people think that AA is a cult and that they brainwash you, the way that I see it is that I NEED my fucking brain washed. The way that I have gone about doing this is all wrong. My selfish and self seeking motives have led me to some of the worst places. I am willing to try something new, and so far shit isnt great, but it aint bad. Im in my first three months of sobriety and I can see that there is hope in this program.

Sorry to preach, but I had to get some shit off my chest

14. Milton

Milton Senior Member

I'm waiting for a few people to get to this step right here...

"Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others."

A bitch better have my ammends...

15. kido

kido Senior Member

http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.

yea theres selfhelp groups for just about everything, a friend of mine gets a kick out of the idea that theres a bunch of sex addicts in some of the groups I attend