sleeves: left or right?

seeking

no matter what , seeking my friend, you can get going on your left arm as you heve envisioned it, you wont just get it done in one sitting, it will be multiple sittings, you may have a large portion of your arm outlined in one sitting, but i dont think you will want to sit through, nor will the artist, coloroing in your whole arm. it will take a few visits at the least. so you can always start the outline on the left and shortly after balance out the right with an out line and so on. youve seen a good portion of my arm(now done) and it took a while to complete. and the upper inside of your arm( inner tricep, lower pit area etc)is a fucking killer, i just had the whole inside of my upper arm colored in and unlike the rest of my arm, that whole area became bruised, its just a tender spot. let me know whats goin on with your trip and we will try to get it hooked up with G if your interested. write me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

just like beardo... I didn't read anyof the above replies but...

If you're right handed, you twice as likely to injure your right arm. (and vice versa)

so go for the arm that's least likely to get cut, burned, scraped, roadrashed etc.

It'll preserve your inking.

it doesn't really matter.

if you regret it in the future, it's not going to be the choice of which arm that you'll regret, it'll be getting it in the first place.

but i'm all for it...been thinking of getting one myself.

Does anyone know any good websites where I can see LOTS OF PICTURES of GOOD SLEEVES?

im not gonna regret getting it done, but no matter how hot your girlfriend is, you dont want to be staring at her 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. like someone said earlier, i like the way bare skin looks. i like to look down at my arm an see the muscle tone and what not. which isnt to say i sit around staring at myself in the mirror, but you know what i mean. once you get a tattoo, all that remains is the new image, and perhaps im among the minority, but i think the human body is a pretty fucking cool looking thing in its own right. i wouldnt want to destroy it all, anymore than i would want to live with nothing altered.

Guest --zeSto--

I want a huge backpiece with an 8 armed Apu

floating in waves while 3-eyed fish swims under him.

He'll be hodling a krusty burger, a duff, marges pearls, a sax-o-mo-phone...

bump cuz i was outta town...

i love getting into discussions with people about this shit. people are talking about liking to see the skin, and again, that really makes no sense to me... i'm getting two of my fingers done today, i just talked to someone about doing a full stomach piece yesterday, i have sketches done for a chest big piece that i'll be getting as soon as my inner bicep (which, by the way, is really not that painful if yer lying down) is done, i have a sketch done for a full leg sleeve, and i know i'll be getting at least part of my face done at some point, although not anytime soon... this is in addition to everything i already have, a big leg piece, a couple small ones on my left arm, left inner bicep, full sleeve on the right, 2 small neck pieces, my inner lip... everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially when it concerns permanently changing yer appearance, but it just doesn't make sense to me... i always get a kick outta people saying things like: what if you don't like it later, or what if you wanna get a job... i can't say i've put years and years of thought into each piece i have (one was thought up, drawn on with pen, and started tattooing all in one day), but i'm confident that i'll be able to appreciate them forever... and as for tattoos interfering with a job, i don't want a job where it's even an issue. office jobs will never be appealing to me... not to mention that i rarely get along with the people who work in these places.

anyways, this is just my opinion, and i know there are people who disagree... in the end it's all about having fun... :)

• 16 years later...
@seeking Assume by now you got that sleeve? Feel up to starting a tattoo threads and maybe educating a few people so that maybe a few colleagues or yourself aren't asked to recreate someone else tattoo or get a shit Yelp review for turning down the opportunity to do a tribal band or some Chinese lettering?

Archived