You know you grew up in the 1980's if . .

crso

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

born in 83....so i did all the kiddie things mentioned, fraggle rock, tmnt on the big screen(i still got the VHS)...transformers, the pee-wee herman deal, heathcliff, remember my sister had a skip it and strawberry shortcake doll...and streamers on her bike...i had those license plates things on my bike.....and remember psyching my friends out....word....

Guest YinzerXpress

its all about the highwater stone washed jeans

transformers

he man

inspector gadget

heathcliff

niggas rocking the 2 ft high box

and i dont think any of us can forget some CROSS COLOURS

- Tight-rolling your pants

- Breakin' and Electric Bugaloo: Breakin' 2

- Instructional breakdancing books that came with a record so you could practice (my twin brother and I would get a piece of cardboard from the garage, go to our room, throw that record on the Fisher Price record player and try to breakdance all day long)

damn thanks for that link. i remember that show being crazy, but i had forgotten just how absolutely insane it was. imagine watching that show tripping. damn.

i remember i had a pair of reebok pumps. i had the cross trainer ones.

i remember having jeans and bragging to my friends how many pockets they had. i had this one pair with like 10 pockets. i just liked them being there for some reason..

remember when mickey mouse shirts were popular?

what about those 'jelly' shoes girls used to rock?

remember big wheels? new coke? teddy ruxbin? lite brite?

dukakis vs bush?

so much shit. i love this thread. bump x 10.

Originally posted by mapo wc

I cant believe nobody mentioned the original Nintendo.

remember those bracelets where they were stiff..and you had to slap them on your wrist and they would wrap around your wrist?

I remember I didn't get Nintendo until almost the 90's. We couldn't afford it, so my grandparent's got it for us, and my parent's would never let us hook it up to play.

Haha.. I loved those bracelets... man..

I also used to LOVE Fraggle Rock and many of the other thing's listed above.

I was never a Pepsi fan, but I miss clear Pepsi.

Does anyone remember Puffy Paint? You used to squirt it from the tube onto t-shirts, and it would harden?

ALF too! I used to have so many Alf puppets, and trading card's, and E.T. trading cards...

Harry and The Hendersons.

Aaaaaaan scooter's. Not these gay tiny one's we have these days.. our's were bigger and not shinny, and had 6" tire's and brake levers....

Guest willy.wonka

i know if you were a kid throughout the 80's,you didnt grow up in the 80's era...

you know if you grew up in the 80's if you're around 30yrs old.

Guest uncle-boy

orgeon trail was the shiznits, i remember always spening all the money before the trip on ammo and like one extra axel. and M.A.S.K. was awsome too. i used to rock "jams" too.

one of my all time favourite topics....

slap bracelets - banned at my school cause the metal inside cut some kids wrist.

fanny packs - I had a neon green one that I wore with my biker shorts and rode arround on my really ugly cheap skatebord from honest eds (shitty store in toronto)

popples- I had one that looked like a flower when it was all balled up.

playdoh mop top hair shop & flower makin basket - had em both.

sticker collections - shineys, smellies, fuzzies etc.....

remember when those sour jaw breakers came out....the realllllllly sour ones...

obscure TV shows from the 80's = switchback, owl TV, astro boy, punky brewster, FUN HOUSE (the kids game show) classic concentration.

any of you girls remember those plastic chain link bracelets that you could get all kinds of cool plastic charms for. stuff like baby bottles & mini bikes and stawberries?.. you could get them in coin machines.

ventures (really shitty brand of shoes sold in Zellers....you were usually mocked if you wore these to school)

voit

gitano

those really gross patchwork winter jackets.

wearing tights under cut off jean shorts int he winter time

puffy paint

Originally posted by alkaline

I had a pair of black high-top BK's. They had two pairs of laces. One was black and the other was orange. I bet I looked like a total idiot.

..i remember those shoes...bk all day you couldnt even wear them in certain areas...... they were kinda big but the pattened ones were the shit bk in gold ,had a couple pair of those bad boys.....and the puma in gold lettering.....

Archived