News Not Fit to Print

mr.yuck

On 9/30/2023 at 1:14 PM, ndv said:

I keep hearing they are not doing well economically.  Things are get worse.  But never checked out the info, nor take it for face value.  

What's up with china, they spend all their money on fuax islands?

more to it, I am sure

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

First US fine for littering in space

S. Himmelstein | October 13, 2023

First US fine for littering in space

Improper disposal of solid waste, long a problem plaguing the terrestrial environment, is now occurring in space. The U.S. government has issued its first-ever fine to a private company that left space junk in orbit.

A $150,000 fine was levied by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on satellite television provider DISH for not safely deorbiting its EchoStar-7 satellite. The company originally planned to deorbit the spacecraft in May 2022, but the satellite ran out of fuel, forcing DISH to leave it 100 miles shy of its designated disposal region high above geostationary orbit. In this region, satellites can remain over one fixed spot on Earth.

The FCC issued the fine as part of its efforts to crackdown on irresponsible activity in Earth's orbit. "As satellite operations become more prevalent and the space economy accelerates, we must be certain that operators comply with their commitments," FCC enforcement bureau chief Loyaan A. Egal said in the agency's statement. "This is a breakthrough settlement, making very clear the FCC has strong enforcement authority and capability to enforce its vitally important space debris rules."

(See also: The origins of orbital debris)

There are no formal laws for clearing up space junk but the FCC and other national regulators that approve satellites for launch are starting to adopt guidelines to prevent organizations from cluttering up space. The FCC now has a five-year rule for removing satellites in low Earth orbit — less than 2,000 km above the planet’s surface — at the end of their mission.

• LOL! 1

My thing is, is how would a company know their satellite was taken out by another companies space junk?  I mean, the fcc can fine all day long, but what's gonna suck, is if some companies poor engineering or inferior practices cause my equipment to be destroyed?    However, I think its a way to protect the people on IS perhaps?  I guess all a collective can do is to govern space in this type of order would be to fine a company. 

What surprises me the most, is that DISH can take a 150k hit with going bankrupt.  I mean who still uses DISH, isn't there like 3 people left?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure where to place this post but for the time being, I figured it's not fit for print.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1712?s=3&r=5

Making sure I did my math right.  So we would pay less in gift tax on 400K if it was paid separately in 250k and 150k increments?

I mean paying an additional 34-35% on any amount over the threshold is pretty extensive in my opinion rather it be 155k or 265k  we are gonna have to pay an additional 34% on the 5k or 35% on the 65k ?? 

Looks like those 2 dollars bills com in handy under the radar....lol jk  

• 1 month later...

Not sure where to really post this one. But are y'all aware that Walmart scans your CCs amd bank cards when you walk through the door. 

Supposedly the tech tells them not only who you are but also your spending limit. 

I suspect they also share this info with LE and marketing agencies. 

Unrelated but kinda, my bank gives us CC sleeves that have a anti-RFID lining in it. 

Thoughts?

11 hours ago, ndv said:

Not sure where to really post this one. But are y'all aware that Walmart scans your CCs amd bank cards when you walk through the door. 

Supposedly the tech tells them not only who you are but also your spending limit. 

I suspect they also share this info with LE and marketing agencies. 

Unrelated but kinda, my bank gives us CC sleeves that have a anti-RFID lining in it. 

Thoughts?

my wallet is anti RFID

• Props 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-men-whose-deaths-may-connected-escaped-idaho-prisoner-accomplice-i-rcna144726

Aryan Knight member escapes from prison custody after fellow member shoots prison guards, all guards survived.

They have been caught and charged with 2 murders that occurred while on the run. 

Edited by abrasivesaint