List out your favorite small business clothing brands (can be cut n' sew, graphic tees, any kind of garments)

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
12 hours ago, LUGR said:

Some of those jackets look highly appealing.

Unfortunately, I don’t have anything to contribute. I pretty much wear the same 2 pairs of Dickies and blank shirts everyday. 

bro saaame

i've been wearing the same selvedge jeans and gray tee shirts for the past 5 months

the only thing that changes is my jacket

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glorydays said:

bro saaame

i've been wearing the same selvedge jeans and gray tee shirts for the past 5 months

the only thing that changes is my jacket

I miss wearing jackets almost everyday. I don’t live in jacket weather anymore, so rarely get to wear and definitely don’t need to buy any.

• Truth 1

10 hours ago, Ottoodin said:

Maybe I would recommend SOLADO, it has a lot of tailoring and I think it's pretty good in terms of design, the only downside is that it's only for women.🤔

https://www.instagram.com/soladohq/

image.thumb.png.8ed28561eb1da3be5117ff3571c01b50.png

image.thumb.png.c3db50350c55e017bbb523c3fb17656a.png

there's never any downside to good design

i'm actually really happy that there're more women going into streetwear and cut and sew.

sporty and rich is a good example

14 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Love by Jules a bespoke leather shoe company I’ve been following for ages. I’m on the email list and everything. Just have never purchased haha. Whenever something hits my inbox I really like it’s immediately sold out. @glorydays

https://www.lovejulesleather.com/pages/about-us

1B4E7CF5-F707-43AA-A5E5-9329A6598501.thumb.jpeg.ce866691c80f9f627ed0b718b24ff154.jpeg

0508795C-46CF-4490-880B-8D482D28CBBA.thumb.jpeg.29b1a83d8a9da77e47059f16bd20f918.jpeg

E67A6018-1664-4B49-8C99-5243B6E696A1.jpeg

F1376893-76CC-463E-8A62-5B1C6ED4DE77.jpeg

9D1AA010-CDBD-41F8-AFD8-D69C06E71C0D.jpeg

people may not understand this, but those prices are on point for handmade leather shoes.

there are shops like this in LA that make bespoke Jordan's, dunks, air max's, and high end shoe repairs that have those prices

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 10:45 PM, glorydays said:

@Joker

did you work on any designs yourself for tribal?

or did you just do graphics, when it came to the clothing?

I mostly just did graphics for t-shirts. Characters, tags, and a few Tribal letter pieces. A friend of mine designed one of their first cut & sew jackets which was based on a vintage denim jacket. I kinda helped with that but I wouldn't give myself design credit. For the most part my job at Tribal was graphics for tees and filling orders to be shipped out. I also helped with those early 90s trade shows (set up/tear down, and sometimes sales) in San Diego and Vegas. I had a day job but I would go to Tribal after work most days because I got off work around 2:30pm so I could be there to help them finish out their day. 

What's really cool is they have kept at least one if not more of everything they've ever done. And every writer and artist they've ever worked with has also given them some kind of framed art so the back of house walls are covered in some incredible artwork, both framed and painted directly to the walls. So much great history in there. 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

1 hour ago, Joker said:

I mostly just did graphics for t-shirts. Characters, tags, and a few Tribal letter pieces. A friend of mine designed one of their first cut & sew jackets which was based on a vintage denim jacket. I kinda helped with that but I wouldn't give myself design credit. For the most part my job at Tribal was graphics for tees and filling orders to be shipped out. I also helped with those early 90s trade shows (set up/tear down, and sometimes sales) in San Diego and Vegas. I had a day job but I would go to Tribal after work most days because I got off work around 2:30pm so I could be there to help them finish out their day. 

What's really cool is they have kept at least one if not more of everything they've ever done. And every writer and artist they've ever worked with has also given them some kind of framed art so the back of house walls are covered in some incredible artwork, both framed and painted directly to the walls. So much great history in there. 

I live in san diego now

i wanna go pay them a visit 

51 minutes ago, glorydays said:

I live in san diego now

i wanna go pay them a visit 

Yeah, you should. The shop is cool, there's a tattoo parlor with some incredible artists working in there, and I believe there's a skateboard shop as well. There's usually a beautiful lowrider or two in the parking lot, and if the garage door is open you can see some of the Graffiti painted on the warehouse walls. 

Also, if you're into it, Mike Giant does an Art Night once a week (I think every Wednesday). He invites folks to come hang out at his studio and draw or paint or whatever. I went this past summer while I was in town and it was pretty cool to meet like-minded folks and see the work they're doing.  

ca-times.brightspotcdn.jpg

store2-thumb-535x360.png

0610lrmp_09z-1959_chevrolet_impala-right_exterior.webp

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Joker said:

Yeah, you should. The shop is cool, there's a tattoo parlor with some incredible artists working in there, and I believe there's a skateboard shop as well. There's usually a beautiful lowrider or two in the parking lot, and if the garage door is open you can see some of the Graffiti painted on the warehouse walls. 

Also, if you're into it, Mike Giant does an Art Night once a week (I think every Wednesday). He invites folks to come hang out at his studio and draw or paint or whatever. I went this past summer while I was in town and it was pretty cool to meet like-minded folks and see the work they're doing.  

ca-times.brightspotcdn.jpg

store2-thumb-535x360.png

0610lrmp_09z-1959_chevrolet_impala-right_exterior.webp

Bro that's rad!

for sure I wanna meet mike giant....his collabs with skate companies are fucking baller

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glorydays said:

Bro that's rad!

for sure I wanna meet mike giant....his collabs with skate companies are fucking baller

He usually announces Art Night on his Instagram page, or you can always reach out to him through DMs and find out times and location. I showed up with something to drink, an iPad and Apple pencil, and sketched for about three hours. Mike spent the night working on his car and spinning records. It was fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joker said:

He usually announces Art Night on his Instagram page, or you can always reach out to him through DMs and find out times and location. I showed up with something to drink, an iPad and Apple pencil, and sketched for about three hours. Mike spent the night working on his car and spinning records. It was fun. 

brooooo

hopefully you get to come out again

i'd love to meet. I got a black book that you can sign 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glorydays said:

brooooo

hopefully you get to come out again

i'd love to meet. I got a black book that you can sign 

It'll probably happen next year. The wife and I have been making the trek down there once a year for the last handful of years. It's good to get some sun therapy after 6-8 months of Northwest grey skies, cold air, and rain. And it's always good to see the old painting partners like Giant, Brisk, and Persue, and of course Bobby and crew at Tribal. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 8 months later...