Graff Girls

K-Rock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by comdiesil

hell yeah!! that first siloe face is off the charts...looks like the hair coming down is about to be letters.

Sure does & she has nice letters too! Silo..U don't hav patience?!? What?

Well that 1st char is ill beyond words girl! I love it. I keep thinkin she's gonna pull out a huge knife from behind her back.. that's why I said anime'. Amazing. So..if not patience, it obviously took skill & we kno u got that! Work it girl. I'd love to see it in person! Is it adjacent to the wall we all painted?? Looks big. Gotta run. Peace!

Oh & I'm doing well thx. I sent u a reply message late las week ;-)

Originally posted by kali

Anyone know any girls like myself that are into stenciling?

People call me 'that stencil chick'.

I've been hearing a lot of people especially guys saying things like how easy it is for girls in the graff game. Graff girls don't have beef cos no-one will hit them, most of them are only following their man into it and then quit after about a month (waste of time), and whenever they achieve something it's like "oh my god, she's sooooooo talented", not to mention every crew out there needs a token chick writer.

I feel ya man. I totally agree with all of this, and I actually get fucking pissed off sometimes because in a fucked up kind of way, it seems that I'm going to have to try harder than the boys to get any respect. I have plenty of writer friends who are guys who keep saying things like "oh, so you're STILL writing?", like I was one of those sleep-around-tag-something-drop-out types. It's hard for serious graff chicks to get any attention (to their art and not their bodies).

But in saying that, this is not a pathetic victim story. I fully accept that graff is male-dominated, and that I will have to work very hard to earn the respect that will be SO worth it when it comes. Just like a guy. I sometimes wish people wouldn't hate me instantly just because I'm a girl, but I can deal with that.

:lick:

Originally posted by Notevenbro

People call me 'that stencil chick'.

I've been hearing a lot of people especially guys saying things like how easy it is for girls in the graff game. Graff girls don't have beef cos no-one will hit them, most of them are only following their man into it and then quit after about a month (waste of time), and whenever they achieve something it's like "oh my god, she's sooooooo talented", not to mention every crew out there needs a token chick writer.

I feel ya man. I totally agree with all of this, and I actually get fucking pissed off sometimes because in a fucked up kind of way, it seems that I'm going to have to try harder than the boys to get any respect. I have plenty of writer friends who are guys who keep saying things like "oh, so you're STILL writing?", like I was one of those sleep-around-tag-something-drop-out types. It's hard for serious graff chicks to get any attention (to their art and not their bodies).

But in saying that, this is not a pathetic victim story. I fully accept that graff is male-dominated, and that I will have to work very hard to earn the respect that will be SO worth it when it comes. Just like a guy. I sometimes wish people wouldn't hate me instantly just because I'm a girl, but I can deal with that.

:lick:

Do want you want flower. Take no bullshit, which it sounds like you dont anyhow, and dont let the bastards get you down, as they say on our little island that is the UK.....Oh and welcome to the wonderful world of 12oz prophets...you will have a great time! ;) :lol:

graff chicks

i always picture graff chicks painting in bikinis the same colors as there pieces... oh yeah come on- we all have that fantasy right?? Graff chicks are great and i promote it 100%, if there in the game for the right reasons then that funky fresh. Very sexy girls them graff girls... oh yes

my 2 cents of rambling tangents.

graff chicks

i always picture graff chicks painting in bikinis the same colors as there pieces... oh yeah come on- we all have that fantasy right?? Graff chicks are great and i promote it 100%, if there in the game for the right reasons then that funky fresh. Very sexy girls them graff girls... oh yes

my 2 cents of rambling tangents.

okay

Female writers=minority...why not have a thread where we (the girls) can connect with each other and encourage, inspire and show strength to other girls who want to or are painting. Some of whom are probably being dissed. Fact is, we're a rare breed and hopefully this thread will help us multiply.

I don't mind people knowing I am a female, yet when I am critisised or complimented on my work, I expect that the "for a girl" will not be brought into the sentence.

We shouldn't have to hide our identity to receive "legitiment props".

That's just my 2 cents.

meow vs. move

meow has never heard of move. nor has she ever seen her stuff. She dont look at zines, hardly ever comes on 12 oz, hardly ever watches graff videos. I know for a fact that all her pieces are from HER...her mind, her pencil... her sketchbook. Its such a logical basic style anyways... i mean... what are you knit picking.... cuts and designs in a fill has already been DONE DONE DONE...

Shes aware of the ATK Meow, but neither of them seem to care. She is the L.A. MEOW.

so i say...

SHUT UP. HATER.

^^

Ha! Give Big C. a hug from her Phoenixian homies..:)

Have you sent out the photo you want done yet?

Fuk Ya'll- Hey cool. If you are who Im thinking. Hope you are doing well. I was bummed the trip was so hectic and I wasnt able to paint as much as I would have liked.. Im trying to come out there again next month. Let me know if you will be around.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Archived