Guess the movie (2019 version)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

Is looking up an actor and going through his IMDB list cheating? 

Because if it’s not that is Band of the Hand. 

Edit: i mean you posted the cover so it was kind of obvious. 

Is it? Ive seen that. Just cause it was a Michael Mann prod and made it a point t o see everything hes done

Obv its been awhile, looks like youre right

band-of-the-hand-movie-poster-md.jpg

8 minutes ago, Kults said:

I think you might have but now I wanna see it 

Its a great movie, in my opinion. One of my favorites. The director made another film with Matthew McConaughey that is also pretty good. 

The kid in the original photo has a tattoo of a bottle sitting on a rail tie that i ended up getting stick n poked on my leg. (Only stick n poke i have.) 

Edited by abrasivesaint

On 9/2/2019 at 12:18 PM, Kults said:

I wouldn’t think so? As long as you didn’t reverse image search it should be fine. I’m new to the game so not sure if there’s a precedent for that, @LUGR?

The movies so far have all been good stuff try to post one that you’d recommend lol 

You mean @NightmareOnElmStreethomie. lugr gets the co-sign emergency responder. 

23 hours ago, LUGR said:

This is frowned upon imo.

and yes. any and all searching strategies are frowned upon. obviously, without down right searching the image itself it isn't cheating. however, if you don't fuckin know what movie it is then just keep it movin, man. and again. 

Stay. Out. Of. The. Ultra. Obscura. 

where have all the tampons gone, gahd dammit. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Band of the Hand is pretty obscure, not many people saw it. I was a Big Miami Vice fan in the 80s, and I still am today. I used to love this movie, and I have a copy on my phone for long flights.

I downloaded it on Limewire forever ago, but there are low def versions floating around on video sites.

Paul Michael Glaser (from Starksky & Hutch) developed both Miami Vice & BoTH.

Mann directed the first two seasons of Miami Vice & BoTH.

Bob Dylan sings the title track.

A few MV actors make cameos.

https://youtu.be/sG_Qlb5C4Xk

Edited by Drue_Down

5 hours ago, Drue_Down said:

Band of the Hand is pretty obscure, not many people saw it. I was a Big Miami Vice fan in the 80s, and I still am today. I used to love this movie, and I have a copy on my phone for long flights.

I downloaded it on Limewire forever ago, but there are low def versions floating around on video sites.

Paul Michael Glaser (from Starksky & Hutch) developed both Miami Vice & BoTH.

Mann directed the first two seasons of Miami Vice & BoTH.

Bob Dylan sings the title track.

A few MV actors make cameos.

https://youtu.be/sG_Qlb5C4Xk

I watched Band of the Hand last night for the first time. Still amazed I never heard of it ever back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

21 hours ago, LUGR said:

I watched Band of the Hand last night for the first time. Still amazed I never heard of it ever back in the day.

Now I’m curious...

this movie was awesome to me because I was a tween. Plus, I’m extra nostalgic of the period and subject matter.

However, I belong to a lot of 80s Facebook groups and I see posts like:

“I finally saw The Goonies, some John Hughes flick, E.T., ghostbusters, revenge of the nerds, back to the future, etc., and I didn’t like it.”

and wonder how bizarre some of these movies seem when you see it for the first time @ 40+.

Anyway, fuck those deprived assholes. I hope you enjoyed it.

• Props 1