Kits and shit

SukiSukiNow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, I'm all over this. Thanks for the invite, Suki! And thanks for the heads up, Raven!

Been steady training all year to be ready for the CX season, which starts in September here in Oregon. Cruddy thing is, I go on two weeks vacation right as the season gets underway. Oh well. Hopefully I can recover some fitness for the last month and a half of racing, and get a decent result or two. 

Been doing some local road races, mostly weekday stuff. About to wrap up an eight race short track MTB series at the end of this month. Currently sitting 4th overall for the series but the three in front of me have so many points that I don't think I can get on the podium even if I win the last two races. Happy with 4th overall as it's been a tough series, and I missed two races, so 4th overall is a nice place to be. 

@SukiSukiNowtell me more about your female cycling team. I saw some images on your Instagram and a few shout-outs to the group, but I don't know anything about it. Love to hear about it!

This is a bike I designed the paint job for a few years back. Fun bike. Been doing a lot of custom design paint jobs for this company. 

Belgian-Beast-1400x934-03.png

• Like 1
  • Props 2

Also, if anyone knows how to do that custom cycling gear, speak up. Interested in hearing more. Assume it’s all small batch stuff since it’s intended for teams?

I’m stretched this with all I’m doing, but will see how I can help make that happen if possible.  

• Props 1

@Joker thanks for joining the group. Love hearing about you riding and participating in races. Do you ride fixed at all?  That bike you designed is dope!! 

2 years ago I decided to start HooligalSquad an all female bicycle club in LA. I was going to a lot of rides, always riding with guys and thought I really wish more girls would come out. As you  know the cycling scene is pretty male dominated. I welcome all levels and bikes and just wanted to encourage other women to ride and not feel intimidated. Idk it kinda seems to be working. We meet as a big group about once a month and take turns planning the route. The big rides are always open to all women. The last one I lead was to a Buddhist temple, it was about a 40 mile ride. We ride, have lunch, chit chat, address issues, vent, talk about life. I ride with one or more Hooligals at least once a week. We get together and volunteer in our community. One of the Hooligals started a nonprofit feeding the homeless in Venice. Solid group of strong women for sure. 

So I would love it if you designed a bar tape!!! Oh and @misteraven I would totally rock a 12oz cycling jersey. I’ll look into it, or at least a cycling cap? 

Edited by SukiSukiNow
  • Props 1

On 7/18/2018 at 9:10 PM, misteraven said:

Also, if anyone knows how to do that custom cycling gear, speak up. Interested in hearing more. Assume it’s all small batch stuff since it’s intended for teams?

I’m stretched this with all I’m doing, but will see how I can help make that happen if possible.  

I'm Canadian so I don't know how feasible this would be but these guys do small batch for teams https://www.jakroo.com/ca/

And these guys make and distribute from Vancouver https://pillarheights.com/

• Props 1

6 hours ago, metronome said:

12oz cycling caps please!  Would also wear the fuck out of a 12oz jersey.  Joker I lurked your IG and saw you designed a kit for Castelli.  That's fucking dooope!

Right??? I would totally rock one on my rides even tho cyclings caps look funny on my enomorous head ?

• Like 1

@SukiSukiNowHooliGal Squad sounds awesome! Nicely done. Seems every year more and more women are getting into racing (at least here in Portland), and just general riding. It's nice to see in a sport that is mostly male. Personally, I think it helps keep the guys a little more reserved on bike rides. Some guys don't know how to ride a bike unless they're throwing hammers the whole time. 

@metronomeyeah, I did a kit with ManualforSpeed a little while back. It was a fun project. Every year they dod a short-run of kits that are designed by artists, and that year I got a random email to design one. Obviously, I jumped at the chance. Even designing some water bottles and a few other things for them. 

@misteravencycling kits are an easy design but there's definitely things to consider. Most custom fabricators have minimums that need to be met, but there are a few that do one-offs, too. Quality on those aren't that great, though... and I know how you are ? If you get to thinking it might be cool to do a small run let me know and I'll walk you through some of the fabricators I've worked with, and explain their templates and details. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

MY 10 YEAR OLD HAS BEEN ASKING PERMISSION TO RIDE HIS BIKE TO AND FROM SCHOOL FOR A WHILE NOW, AND TODAY HE GOT TO DO JUST THAT. WHEN HE GOT TO A SCHOOL HE WAS SADDENED TO SEE THAT THERE WERE NO BIKE RACKS TO LOCK UP HIS BIKE... HE’S STARTING THE 5th GRADE AND WE LIVE ABOUT A MILE AWAY FROM THE SCHOOL. 

490D6B3A-0D9A-4308-AA71-0049B0634EF0.jpeg

26189788-9166-401F-928B-C263FDBAC52D.jpeg

CBBE30AD-177F-42FD-93D3-87C1EBB11625.png

• Like 5

• 2 months later...