Europe vs USA

imported_Rebus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JuanSinMiedo@Feb 1 2005, 10:16 PM

What american has "kinged" a foreign city? Sacer or Jeloe might have left their shit be seen in Paris just like Oclock did in New York or Mr Andre in Los Angeles, but i dont think you can "king" a foreign city by spendig a few weeks in it... This thread its pointless, i dont think theres a competition betwen the USA and Europe, and just because it started in the States doesnt mean thats where is at... sure, this was originated in New York City, but by the time it started to blow up over the West Coast, the kids in Paris were far ahead from the young writters in Frisco or LA... so fuck this thread, close it down before another asshole like myself brings it back to life :yuck:

Sace and Jeloe??hahaha

tu viens de Paris?...est-ce que t'as oublie Jon156?

And I am SURE you can king a city by spending a few weeks in it...

anyway,who's to assume that American writers only travel for vacation,much less 3weeks?

To (reluctantly) answer you question...

*BNE*,MQue, and fuckin half of MSK

Very

Chino

YES2

Wierdo

Snore...

P.S.

This thread is still about comparing Apples to Oranges...

DSCF03482.jpg.745e261dc32b0177d66f82b6d102044c.jpg

Originally posted by hard a slead@Feb 2 2005, 07:30 AM

the videoes..and the crazy flicks, cmon boys, give the euro fellas a round of a plause and give them the respect and Title that they deserve....Peace ;) ;)

word. this guy seems to be speaking the most sense here.

you just cant compare the 2. its like uk and us hip hop, both have their good moments but when it comes down to it they both have their good and bad aspects, you like both at different times, not one will win out as the "winner".

Originally posted by H. Lecter@Jan 9 2005, 07:56 AM

*Worldwide* , There are more writers getting up from the state of California alone than the entire sub-contenient of Europe.... across the globe,there is absolutely no competition on fame and/or bombing.

Think not?

How often does a foreign (non-US) city get kinged by an American?

and now how often does a foriegn (non-EU) city get kinged by a European??

------------------------

About creativity, Europe overall has got America beat in the sense that there is generally a higher regard to style and creativity.

However, let it be noted...

There are far more good writers from/in Europe than the US, but

there are far more great writers from/in America.

------------------------

All this talk about style...

You fools are comparing Apples to Oranges....

And anyway,

Style can't be judged by anyone who sees things clear as an artist themselves...

to each,their own.

Only the artist can judge their style... and only we can judge it's execution.

YOU KNOW GRAFFITTI CAME FROM AMERICA RIGHT? WHY YOU TALKIN ABOUT YOUR DADDY LIKE THIS? EUROPE HAS STYLE TRUE INDEED BUT THIS COMPETITION IS NUTS YOU DONT OWN THE CONCEPT WE DO ITS ALL GOOD BEING WORLD WIDE BUT BITE YOUR TONGUE YA BLOODY ASSWHOLE

Originally posted by hard a slead@Feb 2 2005, 07:30 AM

U didnt start graffiti, the kings of new york graff did a long time ago ...it was born in new york and that is an extremely well known and publicised fact,

BULLSHIT!!!!!! Modern graff started in Philly!

Cornbread was the first tagger.

Before him was the gangbangers in LA putting up their squad...

Before that there was KillRoy tagging through Europe during World War 2 (before his time, didn't spark anything.)...

Before that it was the hobo's taging freighttrains...

Before that blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only one person that sparked the modern day graff movement was Cornbread from Philly!!! not NY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

(NY started peices though)

Originally posted by SGT.PEPPER-->+Feb 6 2005, 06:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SGT.PEPPER--> - Feb 6 2005, 06:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-H. Lecter@Jan 9 2005, 07:56 AM

*Worldwide* , There are more writers getting up from the state of California alone

than the entire sub-contenient of Europe....

across the globe,there is absolutely no competition on fame and/or bombing.

Think not?

How often does a foreign (non-US) city get kinged by an American?

and now how often does a foriegn (non-EU) city get kinged by a European??

------------------------

About creativity, Europe overall has got America beat in the sense that

there is generally  a higher regard to style and creativity.

However, let it be noted...

There are far more good writers from/in Europe than the US,

but there are far more great writers from/in America.

------------------------

All this talk about style...

You fools are comparing Apples to Oranges....

And anyway,

Style can't be judged by anyone who sees things clear as an artist themselves...

to each,their own.

Only the artist can judge their style... and only we can judge it's execution.

YOU KNOW GRAFFITTI CAME FROM AMERICA RIGHT? WHY YOU TALKIN ABOUT YOUR DADDY LIKE THIS? EUROPE HAS STYLE TRUE INDEED BUT THIS COMPETITION IS NUTS YOU DONT OWN THE CONCEPT WE DO ITS ALL GOOD BEING WORLD WIDE BUT BITE YOUR TONGUE YA BLOODY ASSWHOLE

[/b]

Are you a herb or a herb?

I'm from New York motherfucking City,

learn to read before you open your mouth you sucker.

USUKpalaceroad.jpg.f30f43e21a3c555dde410552139bdda2.jpg

• 10 months later...
this settles shit.

hahaha

im from london and i wont express my opinion cos its pointless.

BULLSHIT!!!!!! Modern graff started in Philly!

Cornbread was the first tagger.

i really have no idea cos obviously i wasnt there, but from everythin ive read it all started properly in new york with that taki183 brere

PHILLY started graff first and formost. USA is dope but so is OVERSEAS shit i have respect for it all. You can't say whos better this and that paris kids are fucking nuts there dope as fuck some of them but at the same time cali kids are crazy too i give both usa and overseas props but we all know 215 is that live shit.

e.jpg

EONONE.jpg

city21.jpg

YOU GUYS ARE ALL INSANE..I LIVED IN BERLIN FOR THREE YEARS AND I AM FROM FLORIDA,,SO I HAVE BOTH PERSPECTIVES..THERE ARE TALENTED WRITERS EVERYWHERE..EACH DOING THERE OWN THING.THE THING I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT EUROPE IS THAT THERE IS MORE EXPERIMENTATION AND ALOT MORE BOMBING.EUROPEANS ARE FUCKING CRAZY... BERLIN IS BOMBED TO HELL..MORE THAN SAY NYC. TRUST ME GO THERE AND SEE. BUT FOR THE MOST PART I WOULD SAY EUROPE HAS MORE TOP ALL AROUND WRITERS THAT BOMB.PIECE,DO MURALS AND CHARATERS... BUT REGARDLESS THIS THREAD IS A STUPID THING TO START CAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO JUDGE...

JUST MY ASSHOLE OPION..

usa smokes europe there is no question! everything there doing in europe is shit they got from us anyway. Erni started the 3d thing and he was doing it with krylons and rustos something the euro heads no nothing about. there are only a handful of euro writers that have a good concept on letter structure. as for characters again we got the title. writers like Lee, Lady Pink, Cycle and Hex been doing photo reel characters for some time now (again with krylons, rustos and no super skinny caps). european writers are also incouraged by there society to paint large scale mural with pretty pictures. while in the states there is such a negative stigma surrounding graff few people encourage it in any form. shit all over europe there is goverment and city property that is dedicated to graffiti art. in the states the city will even harass private property owners for allowing productions to be done on there businesses. there are far more americans getting up all over the world then from anywhere else. not to mention that 3/4 of europe can't do a half way decent throw up. props to any euro head that came to NYC and didn't go to 5ptz and instead did some illegals or some streets.

Archived