**THE OFFICIAL 2011-12 NFL SEASON THREAD**

IHATEU

Didnt go out for the college Rec squad, but im trying to get the boys to put a rag tag team together so we can whoop up on some frat bromos.

Unfortunatly everyones busy doing shit, babies, work, smoking weed.

So I doubt its ganna happen, so long longest yard-esque dreams.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats whats good man.

I wish I had played, its in my fucking blood.

Pops was a QB in the army, older brother set records in High school, even got looked at until he got jammed up.

I never played in HS because I had a full time job basically and couldn't make 4 a days.

Nothing beats getting a bunch of nurgas together and playing no pad smash mouth football.

Beach football is the shit too. Bitches love watching that shit

Ha, do I got a story when I was on probation & played basketball. Instead of doing community service..long story short everyone on our team was on probation & we lost all our games me & two others were the only decent ones making points but not enough to win any games..I member this one time this uso (samoan) got fouled out when dude was walking back to our bench, he picked up one of chairs and threw it at the

Other team..they ended up stopping the game & gave us the L & dude got suspended for a game.. goodtimes

Anyway back to football

Randy Moss got an offer to go play in the IFL, Chicago Slaughter??

steelers are idiots

Fixed*

The only thing im interested in is where Matt Flynn will go and if he really has what it takes to be a franchise QB. If he turns out to be as good as he looked in his last actual games played, the packers should change their nickname to Quarterbacktown.

Steelers to release Hines Ward

PITTSBURGH -- The Steelers will release wide receiver Hines Ward.

A four-time Pro Bowl selection, who holds franchise records for receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns, Ward, 35, has spent all of his 14 NFL seasons with Pittsburgh.

"We had a conversation today with Hines Ward and informed him that we plan to release him of his contract prior to the start of the 2012 NFL calendar year," Steelers President Art Rooney II said in a statement on the team's website. "Hines has been an integral part of our success since we drafted him in 1998, and we will forever be grateful for what he has helped us achieve."

A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Ward will finish his Steelers career with 1,000 catches, 12,083 yards and 85 receiving touchdowns. He helped Pittsburgh to three AFC championships, and two Super Bowl titles.

A first-round pick out of Georgia in 1998, Ward was the MVP of Super Bowl in 2006 after leading the Steelers to a 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks. He posted a game-high 123 receiving yards on five receptions with one touchdown.

"He has meant so much to this organization, both on and off the field," Rooney said, "and we appreciate his efforts over the past 14 years."

Last season, Ward's role diminished in the Steelers offense, as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger developed stronger relationships with Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. Both receivers topped 1,100 yards receiving and combined for 10 touchdowns, while Ward had just 46 catches for 381 yards and two scores.

Ward, though, had six 1,000-yard receiving seasons, and just missed two more, posting 975 in both 2005-06 and 2006-07.

"Hines' accomplishments are numerous," Rooney said, "and he will always be thought of as one of the all-time great Steelers.

"We wish him nothing but the best."

I think it's awesome. It inspires the defense to player tougher. They already make millions so I don't think the extra money makes a difference to them. It just puts them in a mindset that they NEED to destroy their opponent to win the pot and get extra recognition from their teammates. If they are playing dirty and injuring players (i.e. Suh's stomping) then I would have a problem with that. If they are playing fair and still injuring people then I have no problem.

As it is well known I fucking hate me some Manning but what a shitty uncerimonious way to leave the team (and city) he made for 14 years. Yuck... With that said he will either go to Miami, Jacksonville or Washington. I pray to Christ it's not the Jets what a fucking story and hype that will be... Kinda curious for the press confrence.

The Colts are idiots, the only reason they did anything was because of Peyton....look at last season, they had no offense, and we been knowing they had no defense.

That equals large blowouts in a lot of games, which is what happened last year.

Without a QB that can throw TD passes at will, they will be lucky to win 7 games next year.

I'm being generous with 7 games.

I think this is the dumbest thing I have seen a team do in a while. Dude carried them for a decade and a half. I'm not going to speculate on where he will go but he isn't going to be hurting for big money offers for sure. Even IF he only has 3-4 more seasons worth of starting left in him the value of having him as a mentor for a rookie is going to be a huge incentive for a lot of teams.

I'm listening to the press conference right now on espn radio. Manning sounded like he was gonna cry, it sucks that he put everything he had into that team and they release him for a young blood QB. I guess that's the business side of the game though. I can't wait to see one of the greatest QB's of our generation will end up.