**THE OFFICIAL 2011-12 NFL SEASON THREAD**

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday is Randy Moss' birthday, and he had an announcement to commemorate the occasion: He wants to end his brief retirement and return to professional football in 2012.

"I wanna play football," Moss said on UStream on Monday morning. "Your boy is going to come back here and play some football, so I'm really excited. I had some things I had to adjust in my life."

Moss abruptly retired on Aug. 1 with a one-sentence statement from his agent, Joel Segal. But the ink had scarcely dried on the stories listing his career accomplishments --954 receptions for 14,858 yards and 153 touchdowns over 13 seasons -- when reports began to surface that Moss would be willing to return if the right situation presented itself. Tom Brady, with whom he connected for a single-season record 23 touchdowns for the Patriots in 2007, even said he'd welcome Moss back to New England.

That didn't happen. But Moss, who turned 35 on Monday, says he's ready to get back on the field and that he has his family's blessing: "It's fine, whatever you wanna do," he said of their reaction to his plans.

"Faith, family, and football, that's my M.O., bro," he added.

Moss' retirement followed a turbulent 2010, in which he was traded by the Patriots back to Minnesota, released by the Vikings and picked up by the Tennessee Titans. He recorded career lows of 28 catches for 393 yards and five TDs that season.

Moss' 153 touchdown receptions are tied with Terrell Owens for second on the career list. He's fifth all-time in yards and ninth in receptions.

Selected 21st overall by the Minnesota Vikings from Marshall in 1998, Moss set about punishing the 20 teams that passed him over in the draft, catching 17 touchdown passes his rookie season on his way to the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

He led the NFL in touchdown receptions five times, was selected to the Pro Bowl six times and was named first team All-Pro four times. His 23 TDs in 2007 led the entire NFL and his 138 points scored that season were second only to kicker Mason Crosby.

NFL Home Page Scores & Schedules | News | Analysis |

Did you really think that fat piece of shit was ganna work for you?

Ocho is just to give you guys a twitter diva, no idea why people are still infatuated with that bum.

Moss has hands the size of mailboxes, only makes sense to pick him up for peanuts.

i honestly did have hope for a few nice long balls for Ocho based on the respect ocho has for Bellichek and his desire to be on the high light reel. what a bust that was. worse then fat albert imo...

so what about Moss... if he dont land up in NE there are not many places he will want to play for or respect. i can see him working out in New Orleans or Philly. or any place Manning goes, say Miami or Washington.

i feel he still has game left in him. comparing him to ocho or T.O. is bananas. Moss has NEVER had an injury and is the best deep threat to ever play the game. dude took a year off and bet he can still get out of bed and run a 4.3...

every loud/smart ass WR that goes and plays for bellichek, matures as player..

they all may not have amazing seasons but they end up maturing at player.

if yall thought Ocho Cinco was gonna do something special when he went to the patriots was wrong..dude was more concerned about being a tv reality star.. (pretty lame)

as far Moss goes, i think he could be a good slot WR but i wouldnt expect him to do play like he did back with the Vikings..

Moss is probably done but dude could still be dangerous.

Derreck Mason was like 38 and was still our only good WR.

I dont see any team worth a fuck other than NE picking him up,

dudes too much drama and not enough quality play in the last few years.

Ill take a green behind the ears, fresh receiver over a washed up Vet anyday

i wouldnt expect him to do play like he did back with the Vikings..

his best numbers were as a patriot..

i mean obviously he wants to come back just to get a ring and i just cant see him signing with any team other then philly that he does not respect 100%

and yea i rather have some first round young stud but it cant hurt to have him a number 2 or 3 WR just for the threat.

Him and Brady were almost unstoppable though, was that the year they went 16-0?

I swear I wouldn't even watch Patriot games because it was the same shit every time.

Brady gets a pocket, and there's Randy 40 yards down the field wide open.

Thank god them days are over

I just hope we aquire some disel ass OLers and Lee Evans gets his shit together or we get a new WR and im telling you joe Joe will pop the fuck off this year.

Finally negociated a long term contract with Flack-o, itll be interesting to see what some of the old heads do though.

So hype about the schedule this year though

i like the ravens okay. not my team but i've always been cool with them... i think more than a WR they need an elite TE. the league is just like that now. or maybe go a little west coast and get a fast RB that can catch out of the backfield. they have decent receivers and torey smith will do better this year. plus it'll train flacco to check down instead of just lobbing it.

my chiefs are a bigass maybe. OL is the #1 concern and i don't see us moving up for RG3, but hopefully we'll be getting all our offensive starters back, because that offense was abysmal last year. defense was a little banged up too, IIRC we were without our starting QB, RB, TE, strong safety, and had a couple rookies that were hurt from the start of the season at LB and WR. i also hope we grab a NT in free agency, although i haven't looked at who's available.