WISCONSIN...

swordfish meatloaf

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

153386860maraaH_fs.jpg

What is a Hodag? The fiercest, strangest, most frightening monster ever to set razor-sharp claws on this earth. The Hodag made his first appearance near this Northwoods Wisconsin city in 1896. Gene Shepard, Rhinelander pioneer and timber cruiser, snapped its picture just before the beast sprang at him from a white pine log.

What a horrible sight the camera caught! A hairy animal seven feet long and thirty inches tall glared ferociously from the photograph – copies of which still can be seen. Its backbone bristled with a dozen gleaming white horns, and wicked looking tusks hung menacingly from its vise-like jaws. The claws on its short, muscular fore and hind legs were long and needle sharp. A party of brave lumberjacks led by Shepard actually captured the monster in a cave by putting him to sleep with a chloroform-soaked sponge tied to the end of a 30 foot bamboo pole. You can still see the pit at Shepard’s house in the Pines where the beast was kept. To this day many say it prowls the country-side at night devouring white bulldogs – a Hodag delicacy. Now all this may seem a bit far-fetched, and the truth of the matter is that Shepard himself was later forced to admit that the Hodag was something of a hoax. Its hairy body was made of wood and ox hides. Its armor of horns once belonged to various bulls. Those vicious claws were bent steel rods. But to Rhinelander, the Hodag is much more than a hoax. It has become a local legend. It is the symbol of the city, “The Home of the Hodag.” It has been stamped permanently in the city’s personality. Rhinelander’s biggest recreation area on Boom lake is Hodag Park. Business places have adopted the name. School athletic teams call themselves the “Hodags” Shepard certainly was a great hoaxter, but he can also be remembered as our greatest early community promoter. His story of the Hodag spread far and wide and attracted visitors to the area. Many of these visitors returned home to share with their family and friends the beauty of Rhinelander and still others enjoyed themselves here so much they became permanent residents.

is there even graffiti up north?

I`lived "up north" during my late teens/early twenties. I had a whole yard to myself, daytime freights like crazy. The mid-90's were dope up there, I was smashing shit daylight and no one had a clue. Good old days, now my spot's blown. Big up UWLX.

As far as graffiti in Northern Wisconsin, it's pretty much a freight writer's heaven.

I painted a lot of good cars last time I was up north visiting family on the reservation. There was a yard in Rhinelander that I never got to check out but next year when I go to visit the family, I will definintely be spending most of my time eating frybread and painting steel.

parajpg.jpg

Paramount Records was an American record label located in Grafton Wisconsin, best known for its recordings of African-American jazz and blues in the 1920s and early 1930s, including such artists as Ma Rainey, Blind Lemon Jefferson, there were also recording session by Charlie Patton, Son House, Tommy Johnson, and King Solomon Hill. Many regard Paramount one of the most important and influencial blues labels of its time.

Cream City brick is a cream or light yellow-colored brick made from a clay found around Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the Menomonee River Valley and on the western banks of Lake Michigan. These bricks were one of the most common building materials used in Milwaukee during the mid and late 1800s, giving the city the nickname "Cream City" and the bricks the name "Cream City bricks".

harley9jpg.jpg

blatzjpg.jpg

pot15jpg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_16083901?source=rss&nclick_check=1

don't fuck with wisco bitches.

Associated Press

Updated: 09/15/2010 04:56:28 PM CDT

CHILTON, Wis. — A Fond du Lac man is suing the woman who allegedly sought revenge for this cheating ways by tying him up and gluing his penis to his stomach.

The 38-year-old man filed the lawsuit against 49-year-old Therese A. Ziemann of Menasha in late July.

Last week, her attorney filed a motion seeking to dismiss the case.

Calumet County prosecutors say Ziemann lured the man to a motel on July 30, 2009. After tying him to the bed under the pretense of sex, Ziemann called three other women to the room.

They berated the man before Ziemann struck him and glued his penis to his body. All four women were eventually placed on probation.

Davis is asking for monetary damages for medical expenses and as punishment for Ziemann's actions.

I

Archived