Wesly Crusher's sketch of the day

WeslyCrusher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use a process called overlay, it basically turns the airbrush tool into a water color effect, where it uses the values of the grey and tints it, where it wont go over black or white, and lays the appropriate tone over the grey. and then after i go into a new layer to further blend those down using a normal brush tool on normal settings. alot more like coloring with markers than with paint, and it allows me to color or recolor something until i like it without having worked myself back into a corner that i cant get out of like when hoping straight in with color. it doesnt work for all styles of painting but for my kind of style it seems to be perfect for what i need done.

also even though the overlay does alot of the shading for me im still using 3-4 values of color in the filling, its just easier this way

so this is going to be a visual slap in the face to the thread, so i will be doing a major overhaul after this page is filled and making a collected post of all the pieces done for the dailies up until that point just to...i dunno regroup from the pictures that dont fall into the sketch a day catagory

but

ya

i was sitting here, and all the sudden i got the urge to see what kind of sketches i could find from my past to put in here, so im going to post them, ranging from 1995-2002, i'll be sure to point out what is what and i will prolly be ranting and reminiscing here and there as well...

this is really just to show newer people that...it isnt something you just wake up and know how to do...and a good way to get some laughs at myself at the same time

without further delay

DSC03421.jpg

1995 all the way live, one of the only sketches i have laying around from that time, the year i got into graffiti

DSC03411.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03412.jpg

these are from 2000, i got some more of these im going to post

finally a few from 2002

at this time i was writing yoer

i changed my name alot for a long time, just to end up back using nile just...adding an S to it around 2004 but thats another story all together

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

this one was for clone...so it says clone...8 years later were still getting down on shit :)

DSC03422-1.jpg

this one was for calus...8 years later and we are still getting down on less shit but still some shit :)

the transition was easy, took me a day or 2 to get the hand eye coordination down however i still am saving for one of those wacoms with a screen...got like 20 bucks in ones in an old jar of tobacco only 980$ more

also...going to bump this with the past 12 days to bring all the pictures forward and save people trouble of having to go back through the pages

weslycrusher001.jpg

weslycrusher002.jpg

weslycrusher003.jpg

weslycrusher004.jpg

weslycrusher005.jpg

weslycrusher006.jpg

weslycrusher007.jpg

weslycrusher008.jpg

weslycrusher009.jpg

weslycrusher010.jpg

weslycrusher010a.jpg

weslycrusher010b.jpg

weslycrusher011.jpg

weslycrusher012.jpg

shit man having seen ur old stuff i now wanna see ur transition from 2d to 3d styles

hahaha for me it was a pure accident, i was painting with clone at a spot we were running for some time, i was trying to do normal letters...failing again since i couldnt for the life of me paint, and i ended up shading my 3-d a bit heavier than i would like, and i was like....hmmm that looks sorta 3-d and so i started to attempt to do it each time i painted, getting a bit more 3-d as i went....let me see if the flick is sitting in my desk drawer if it is i will flick it and post it up

DSC03426.jpg

i really need to buy a photo album for these

edit: the pile looks small in this picture :(

so here it is, i started this piece as a normal panel peice...messed up and ended up trying to make it look 3-d...as you can see i ruined both the panel style and the 3-d style, but it lead me down the road that was to become the panel style 3-ds that i do, not letting myself be dictated by what 3-ds should look like, or what normal burners should look like...bastardizing them into what they are today which is nothing more than what i feel looks right for me.

Clipboard01.jpg

day 13, took one of this mornings body studies, cropped it and resized it and turned it into this...im going to post a small version after since the larger shot seems to ruin alot of the shading since your eye cant fall comfertably on it...so enjoy

weslycrusher013.jpg

and here is the small version, sadly i like it more i should have done a face to make the graffiti more subtle but....my hand is cramping like crazy and i still need to eat some food

sooooo

westat.jpg

i'll throw in your name sometime soon, not sure when, i still gotta get oceans done with, and i just picked up a commision i need to knock out (gotta make that money XD) so it may be a week or so before i get to it, but ya im down for sure. just make sure to send me a PM when its up since i rarely check the exchange thread

ok mek, for you im going to shamelessly dump a shit ton of flicks from the past few years into this thread...i tried to be unbiased when picking these and get a well rounded "repersentation" of myself...and the only way i know how to do that is post a bunch so that the average is more accurate....soooooooo enjoy the self promotion guys :(

Clipboard02-1.jpg

6thave.jpg

37.jpg

35.jpg

cloneniles.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00592.jpg