What kinda education do you have?

TEE_rase_war

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mental invalid

...its not "graffin"...i hate that fucking phrase...makes you sound like you could use a decent dose of education....sorry....it irks me...r

so true...but call it what you want to call it...

i refer to my art as art most of the time, although that is too broad of a term for some folks.

Re: well there she be...

Originally posted by TEE_rase_war

I get horrible grades and am damn proud of them. I do the absolute minimal amount of work needed to keep who cares (about the education) off my back.

Are you my twin?

And yes, Whistler is fucking nice.

Originally posted by mental invalid

...its not "graffin"...i hate that fucking phrase...makes you sound like you could use a decent dose of education....sorry....it irks me...r

ahhh you pulled my card. indeed i too dont use that word, even tho i just did, 9 times out of 10 i refer to it as writting. as for why i wrote that? i got no fucking clue maybe it sounded acceptable at the time. but now thanks to you i feel like one of those kids who talk like "im totally stoked when i got out graffin with my boys and hit up some way cool spots" i will now go kill myself, thanks.

Bachelor in Science. i consider myself pretty educated. i took a while to graduate because i changed my major twice, also taking many interesting classes that had nothing to do with a degree. psychology, philosophy, history, japanese literature etc... anyway, people here are right, you don't need to go to school to be educated, you can educate yourself, but the fact is, most don't.

something worse than not educating yourself, in my opinion, is people who go to school for something like business or computer science and take the minimum classes required, just to get the degree to go out and make money. these people had a wealth of knowledge at their fingertips and didn't even once try to expand their horizon when it was so accessible. in fact the dullest people i've met had to have been in college. the most interesting people i've met had to have been through art and music.

so when someone says they have a degree, it ususally doesn't automatically tell me that they are rational thinking individuals, just that they know how to work hard towards a goal.

-the laziness factor-

Like BUG said some people do the very minimal amount of work nessesary. although i am extremly lazy, i am in high school and i dont care, i take the only courses nessesary for me to graduate and nothing more. I think that in college, univercity etc, there is motivaition for some people because they (or you) are paying for everything. Why not try your damndest to achieve and make things better for your future?

--Well I think there is no present motivation. They dont see the money being made at that moment, although they know in the back of their mind that they will most likely be raking it in eventually. I do the least amount of work due to my goal for after high school...becoming a "ski-bum/artist" i know i will go back to school eventually, but at the time there is now motivation... things are different for different people...some kids parents are so hell bent on them having the best education, they look past the childs real dreams. school isn't everything, but you do learn from it, and it does have importance. i guess you have to see that importance to really make the best of it (what your given).

i think that the most interesting people i meet share the same interests, but in different asspects, or views.

• 2 weeks later...

Started college at 16. I was a math and science major. I was going to be an engineer like my dad (who is not a college graduate ... he dropped out during the second semester of his senior year of college, when my twin brother and I were born). After a year, I decided that I wasn't happy. I left school, and worked for a year until I figured out what I wanted to do. I went back to school when I was 18 as a music business major. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of things. But after 2 years, I lost my passion for school. I left again and decided to pursue a degree in independent knowledge. Basically, if I want to know something, I teach myself. If I can't teach myself, I try to find a friend that can teach me. It's fun. I have a good job that I got based on my self-taught skills but it is only so I can pay the bills. My job doesn't make me happy.

3 semesters away from a bs in mathematics. i don't enjoy it anymore. i don't know what i'm gonna do with it either. maybe go to grad school and study english or something. fuck it. here's to not knowing what the fuck will happen after graduation. to indirection and indecision.

Archived