Requim for a Dream

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

If you haven't seen it, read no further, actually, read this so you won't have to waste your time.

I saw this movie awhile ago and I just watched it again the other night and realized how bad it is.

Anyone that claims to like this movie is just saying that because they think they are cool and pretend to know something about movies --- hence the quick cutting and sound effects in the scenes were they get high.

your main character is at bottom already you can't take him any further unless you kill him, which they didn't. They tried to take him down by cutting him arm off, sorry that's just unnessacry gore to shock your aduience which work, but it was pointless.

Who gives a fuck about the guy that gets put in a work camp?

And that slut with junk, come on now, We all know how terrible hardcore drugs are, more unnessacry crap like the double dildo scene, but I will admit it was funny.

Sorry, I am just pissed, I want those 2 hours of my life back. Did anyone else hate this movie? Or if you like it, give me some good solid reasons. :heated:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

havent seen it in a while, so excuse any mistakes or whatever.

your main character is at bottom already you can't take him any further unless you kill him, which they didn't. They tried to take him down by cutting him arm off, sorry that's just unnessacry gore to shock your aduience which work, but it was pointless.

It is true he is at rock bottom, but he has a woman. and although he is a druggie, he has his shit together. he can function in everyday life. granted he doesn't do a whole lot, but he does it without fail. I liked that they didn't tkae him any farther down, or up for that matter. He stayed stationary. He was a stagnant character. Not very exciting, but it was not as predictable as a downward or upward spiral. I agree that the arm being cut off was a cry for help fromt he writers. THey had no where to go so "Hey, I got an idea....maybe, he should lose a limb?!??"

Who gives a fuck about the guy that gets put in a work camp?

Forgot about this, refresh my memory.

And that slut with junk, come on now, We all know how terrible hardcore drugs are.

(I thought you were referring to the mom here)

she was my favorite part. This was a classic downward spiral which was influenced by her son. She was the most pathetic person one could ever imagine. Her only thing that connected her to the outside world was her little circle of friends striving to find gossip. And her becoming a "tv star" gave them gossip. She was portrayed as a 10th grader. All giddy because she was gonna become popular with her group of "friends". I say "friends" because at this point they seem to only hang around her because they aren't dead yet. But, I enjoyed the fact that in the end they felt remorse after seeing her in the hospital. Anyway, the drug addiction became a bit redundant. Those scenes were a little unsettling actually. I liked how her downward spiral was so clsoe to her son's. It showed the type of connection they had.

, more unnessacry crap like the double dildo scene, but I will admit it was funny.

This one confused me. I couldn't tell if it was filler, as in the 'arm' scene. Or if it was used to show how all of the characters had downward spirals. This chick was almost as pathetic as the mom.

I'm pretty sure the girl was Jennifer Connelly. If so, that should salvage any doubts in the movie's quality. She is the most beautiful woman alive. good god.

the whole message of the story is sumed up in the title

'requiem for a dream'

requiem is somewhat a funeral service (dont really remember this too well) or some kind of mourning for something passed away. the point is that it illustraded the progression from all those kids dreaming of dealing and making it big (i.e. having money- dude buys his mom tv. -girl is able to start her own design business) and the mom wanting to be loved by someone, and how -like in real life- these dreams are usually shattered. im guessing the movie we supposed to be a cold blast of reality.

the dildo shit was funny that old guy cracked me up. and fuck the guys arm he should be smarter.

i thought the shooting up scene was cool ive never seen that before.

but shit go see pi its a hell of a lot more interesting.

peace.

have you ever experienced that kind of downward spiral yourself?

i don't see how a man losing his arm to a needle infection and a rich girl ending up as a prositiute is funny.

you must be pretty fucking cynical.

those people experienced complete breakdowns of their lives..

and if you don't think that losing an arm is pretty fucking horrible, maybe worse than death, you have obviously never lived with someone who is afflicted with such a handicap

i guess you really don't know how horrible hard drugs really are if you didn't see enough of your own pathetic life in this movie to get some insight out of it

has a movie ever been so unflinching in its depiction of consequences?

trainspotting and drugstore cowboy don't hold a candle..

and john tracolta in pulp ficiton??

that made hard drugs look like something worthwhile

complain about that instead..

Originally posted by Are2

have you ever experienced that kind of downward spiral yourself?

i don't see how a man losing his arm to a needle infection and a rich girl ending up as a prositiute is funny.

you must be pretty fucking cynical.

those people experienced complete breakdowns of their lives..

and if you don't think that losing an arm is pretty fucking horrible, maybe worse than death, you have obviously never lived with someone who is afflicted with such a handicap

i guess you really don't know how horrible hard drugs really are if you didn't see enough of your own pathetic life in this movie to get some insight out of it

has a movie ever been so unflinching in its depiction of consequences?

trainspotting and drugstore cowboy don't hold a candle..

and john tracolta in pulp ficiton??

that made hard drugs look like something worthwhile

complain about that instead..

I'm not sure if you were referring to my post, but I'll respond anyway.

I was defending the movie just so you know.

And I don't deny the fact that losing an arm is terrible, but I'm just not sure if they put that in there to show that. It seems more like they put it in there for shock value.

..no, i wasn't responding to your post..

and as far as the arm thing goes, that shit does happen..i like darren aronovsky, he seems a bit above "shock value"..see pi

is it shocking that shitty things like that happen to addicts??

it definitely gets worse...

Guest Pilau Hands

pi made me feel good in the end

requiem for a dream made me put my head on her shoulder and sit there staring at the blank screen til the dude sweeping up the popcorn needed to finish. the movie was powerful...and the title is hard to beat.

a requiem is a funeral mass, or a song in honor of the dead.

come on...a mourning song for a dream? i hate to be corny (i love to)

that's poetry.

good movie

i can't watch it again

Originally posted by Are2

..no, i wasn't responding to your post..

and as far as the arm thing goes, that shit does happen..i like darren aronovsky, he seems a bit above "shock value"..see pi

is it shocking that shitty things like that happen to addicts??

it definitely gets worse...

that's true about Aronovsky. So I'll retract that comment. And I was saying htat some guy losing an arm would shock some people and make them more interested in a movie.

And I enjoyed Pi thoroughly(sp?). But I can't watch either of the two movies again.

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

requiem for a dream made me put my head on her shoulder and sit there staring at the blank screen til the dude sweeping up the popcorn needed to finish. the movie was powerful...and the title is hard to beat.

a requiem is a funeral mass, or a song in honor of the dead.

come on...a mourning song for a dream? i hate to be corny (i love to)

that's poetry.

good movie

i can't watch it again

my thoughts exactly

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by CIPHER_one

that's true about Aronovsky. So I'll retract that comment. And I was saying htat some guy losing an arm would shock some people and make them more interested in a movie.

And I enjoyed Pi thoroughly(sp?). But I can't watch either of the two movies again.

Pi is amazing. I saw it twice and recently just rented the DVD special edition of Pi--deleted scenes, and director's and actor's commentary tracks. I started watching the movie with Aronosky's commentary playing, and couldn't get up...it was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend this DVD version!!!!!

Archived