So I Bought Myself A New Car Today...

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MK4 TDI's get stupid fuel economy. I have an 02 TDI w/ less than a 100k on it and it's in great shape. I've had a glow plug fail and I should probably change the glow plug harness. Other than taht it's just been brakes, tires and oil changes for the car. The air conditioning's crispy and while we don't get much lower than 0*F here at the worst it's fine in the winter. My wife will get an Audi soon and I'll use the TDI for a daily, but I have no problem seeing this get a few hundred thousand miles out of it before any major expense is incurred. The intake manifold requires cleaning and when the timing belt is done at 100k I'll probably add a VR clutch, 3" exhaust and get a chip/injectors. It'll be like a whole new car then from all the torque you pick up.

And for me, since if there's even a drop of rain on the ground my Lincoln LS can spin out

I drive a rear wheel drive v8 truck with nothing in the bed. If you know how to control it, you're fine. And thats what I meant. Traction control is for people that dont know how to control there vehicle.

I've driven in the worst of the worst snow and/or ice. The worst ever was with BMW 325i (RWD light ass car) 3 hours on the highway in the worst ice storm ever once down 95, I was about 25 degrees sideways the whole way at 55 miles an hour, assholes to elbows with semis the whole way. Shut the whole area down afterwards for a week. Tires, traction control, I'll take anything worth buying as I'm not willing to lose the mileage I get with front wheel drive, but still want to be able to find my way home with minimal stress in any conditions. Look, the Insurance people won't give out their top safety awards to anything without it, and it's supposed to be standard in '12, so there must be something to it. Calling me a woman because I don't chose to make things more difficult on myself and my family, whatever, that's so ordinary.