The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Fish... What gearing are you running...?

21.5 nice and roomy too

I have a Rennen decimal gear on the front. it's a 43.9 sprocket. with a 16t cog in the back.

i used to a ride a 44/16 with 175mm cranks, now it's a 43.9/16 on 177.5 cranks and the spin I get now feels awesome.

It's decimal gearing that pretty much let's you create any gear ratio possible. You can make any gear ratio slightly harder or easier depending on your needs for the track. Changing your gearing by fractions of a tooth is now possible.

I kinda thought it was bullshit until I used it.

It's just slightly changing the circumference without messing with any of the teeth. It's not .9 of a tooth, it's just less space between each of the teeth if that makes sense? I can't even really explain it other than that, because I still don't even understand it completely. All I know is it's a little easier than a 44/16 and my team manager suggested it was what was best for me. Haha

• Like 1

I was definitely disappointed in DK for going that route too. Their technology has definitely stepped up as far as race frames (sorry for all the race talk). It is an impressive frame and should come as a complete.

Side note, anyone on the west coast here ride trails, park, race, or just cruise?

I'm trying to plan a little west coast riding tour for a couple weeks.

what you say about my mama?

297510_473099792708401_302374294_n.jpg

no but foreal. help a spider out... is this a good or bad thing?

its a piece of shit. if it were clean it would probably be fun to fuck around on, but it looks like it would take some work to get it to that stage.

also, why one would have suspension on that is mindblowing.

that whole thing is a monster. I can't find pics of others like it, so i'm convinced it was a one off joke by someone with a lot of time, money, and welding skills.