The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

IMGP0671_zpsdd72feba.jpg

This has been "almost finished" for far too long.

I'm still on the hunt for the right era correct black hub/black rim wheels. 96 Redline 444. era correct Profile cranks, crupi stem, RL bars. I don't love the brakes and might upgrade the pedals from the generic bear traps someday.

IMGP0673_zps0eae8f08.jpg

Terrible picture, but there's the Matt Pohlkamp Pro Modified frame. It was only available as a frame, was never sold as a complete. There is a 24" version up locally that I'm really considering buying. I don't really have the money for it, but I really want it...

Nevermind, they sold it today for less than what I would have given them. Motherfucker...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Doctors Say BMX Pioneer Dave Mirra Had CTE, the Notorious Trauma-Induced Brain Disease.

According to ESPN, autopsy findings released on Tuesday show that pro BMX rider Dave Mirra was suffering from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy—also known as CTE—before his death earlier last February.

This makes him the first action sports star positively diagnosed with the degenerative brain disorder more typically associated with NFL players and boxers.

Mirra, a BMX pioneer and video game franchise star, was found dead of an apparent suicide in his truck not far from his home in Greenville, North Carolina, where he had been living with his wife and their two daughters. :confused:

• 1 month later...

Picked this up from a local Goodwill Thrift Store for $10. 1999 Pacific Banshee 24" BMX (Steel Frame)

Spent another $16.50 for the U-bolt, kickstand and replacement seat. Had my last two bikes stolen, so I found a Kryptonite U-bolt for $2.50 and an Iron Horse BMX seat (original one had extensive damage) for $9 on clearance at Hell Mart. Iron Horse is also a Pacific brand, from what I understand.

Gave it a thorough cleaning, lots of grease, and soaked the chain in ATF (was completely locked up). Now rides amazingly well.

It's actually the same ride height as my buddy's Kawasaki ZX-6R...

IMG_0273.thumb.JPG.937e6ff60623cf8776764c9fc44ed93d.JPG