Daily Sketch Thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to tell the truth i've been hung up on some real life studies, i try like hell to be a real artist..i just can't cut it. I'd like to make a career out of art, what do you think Yinz? How should i presue somthing like that? I know you've had several galleries and things. I know its all networking and what not..but how should i go about this? I dont know how to paint, and it seems like people are into canvas.

i just have fun....

the vast majority of the art i make is all based around the concept of hopeless romanticism and my shows typically follow suit. i use alot of slang etc, its a niche i made for myself and it works and i have fun which always keep shit fresh...

anyway, you need to meet alot of people, here, i have a handful of artists that i work with on a constant basis, so when one person gets a show typically we are all involved. i also know lots of gallery owners and directors, etc etc etc. the thing that helps me most of all is i have an awesome real name. i tend to think it has carried me further than anything else haha, ill post a more thorough account later im drunk and lazy

Set it up homey!

More insight into what we were talking about...

I've been doing community murals all summer and made 4500 doing it, good money for what it was I had a blast and it made my portfolio look awesome, I also did 4 group shows totaling about 1100 bucks which aint bad... Then if you deduct all the money put into everything you see nothing but red. I knew this would happen been doing it for a few years now,

The past 3 weeks I've been unemployed and killed it artwise for the first week then got bored and now can't do shit except for the drawing I did for this thread... Its cause I can't find a job and my old lady has a new man so I'm feeling kinda stagnant and lonesome, which as of today is the best way I can feel cause of the romantic nature of all of my work... Keep it up, if you pay your dues it will all come around someday, and also check craigslist for jobs and gigs EVERYDAY, I've gotten mad little gigs from there...

Things I'm doing I never though I would ever be doing in the coming weeks...

A g20 welcome mural... The money is great, and a live mural at a lexus dealership for the rollout of their new hybrid suv...

Oh on that note portojon and whoever else cares... Don't be scared to sell out a little bit, keeping it real doesn't pay the bills

*New Assignment: Drawing for Sombody Else*

DueDate: Monday, September 21st 2009

Basically just do a drawing for sombody else in anyway. That means you can draw somthing you want to give to sombody else, or you can draw somthing for sombody. Just draw somthing and do somthing with it. Thats what im doing with my weekend.

Stop being such a faggot and post the lovey dubby one haha,

Ill post some of mine, they are some of the best, always are I think I try harde when its for a lady..

So I'm wasted at a bar, should I ask out the bartener who is beautiful and a decent friend or should I bang the hostess I just met, the latter is a definate

Bajaja, That looks pretty good dude. I like it even better that its a man, cause i was starting to question the women you hung out with! Really though, i like the way you did the hair and stuff..i think when alot of people draw they try to bring in as much visual information as possible, and i dont know that that is always the best way to go. Its all about relaying that information that makes a good drawing..like if you were to finish all his hair the way you did it...i think it would ruin the drawing..maybe add some darks on his right to give it a little balance. i think it looks good. Dont be afraid to go dark.

Guest JohnLester#31

I like that too, realized it was a guy before it was said. Reminds me of the lead singer from the Chili Peppers (Anthony Kiedis). Emphasize the bone structure in the face. Leave the hair.