Dumb bitch thinks plastic black man and gorilla is racist. Wastes more public money/time.

autoteller

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Dumb bitch thinks plastic black man and gorilla is racist. Wastes more public money/ti

Now I'm fucking lost in here for sure. The issue has nothing to do w/ how bad the MBTA sucks, and if you want to complain about the MBTA sucking it's probably all the $$ they've spent to clean ITD off their shit so it's a double edged sword for you on that point.

No one finds the monkey/black man deal at least a little questionable? At least maybe poor judgment? Then again, look at some of the responses on here, outt of the closet racism from the same people who brought you 'Things Black People Like."

Re: Dumb bitch thinks plastic black man and gorilla is racist. Wastes more public money/ti

John, I agree it's quite possible there were racist implications with the set up on the guy's desk.

It's also a verified fact that there's gonna be racist shit in this thread; it's 12oz.

I think the issue is that even if the action figures or whatever were set up in poor taste or with racism in mind, it's not as if the MBTA was advocating it. It's not a particularly overt set up. Like I said in my earlier post I think she should deal with it by talking to her coworker and letting their supervisor mediate or take disciplinary action. You don't sue for something like that.

And the MBTA actually is a generally shitty public transport company, regardless of money spent cleaning off graffiti.

Now I'm fucking lost in here for sure. The issue has nothing to do w/ how bad the MBTA sucks, and if you want to complain about the MBTA sucking it's probably all the $$ they've spent to clean ITD off their shit so it's a double edged sword for you on that point.

No one finds the monkey/black man deal at least a little questionable? At least maybe poor judgment? Then again, look at some of the responses on here, outt of the closet racism from the same people who brought you 'Things Black People Like."

I suppose it could be considered poor judgment, but who's to say that someone else (not the person who sat at the desk) walked by, saw the toys, decided "it sure would be funny if I put the black dude and the monkey in the bed of the dumptruck LOL" and no one noticed till this woman got her nut up?

Now it seems like she wants to prove- in court- that there was racist intent in the way that three toys were arranged on a desk and, in doing so, show the world that the MBTA hates black people.

Bear in mind that this is the way that it looks to me. As I said, the US still has a measure of ingrained racism, but civility sometimes means that when you see or hear something that's offensive you have to just say "what an asshole" to yourself and let it go. Taking people to court every time someone offends you is ridiculous and childish.

yeah dude, bomb the fucking system brraaaaaaah. itd did a lot of damage, but not enough to put the mbta out of business. if you know about graffiti cleanup, you'd know it doesn't cost as much as they lead on. anyways. i have a feeling you have no idea what the hell you're talking about anyways.

I'M pissed about the fact that they dole out money to cunts like this all the time like water, but this is obvious horse shit. read the comments even.comments on the site from her co-workers even say she's apparently always trying to sell vacations and shit like that and plasma tvs and things on that level to anyone she works with. also, this isn't her first suit against the MBTA, either. bitch is looking for a payday.

yeah dude, bomb the fucking system brraaaaaaah. itd did a lot of damage, but not enough to put the mbta out of business. if you know about graffiti cleanup, you'd know it doesn't cost as much as they lead on. anyways. i have a feeling you have no idea what the hell you're talking about anyways.

I'M pissed about the fact that they dole out money to cunts like this all the time like water, but this is obvious horse shit. read the comments even.comments on the site from her co-workers even say she's apparently always trying to sell vacations and shit like that and plasma tvs and things on that level to anyone she works with. also, this isn't her first suit against the MBTA, either. bitch is looking for a payday.

Yeah, I have an idea of what I'm talking about, I know about costs, etc., I think you're too mad at the MBTA to catch the humor in there but I'll spare you the typical 'you mad' response.

As for the rest, I'm not commenting on whether it's right to sue or if the bitch is sheisty or what not. I'm simply pointing out that she may have a case, and that in today's litigious and PC society you have to be careful, at least in the work place, because what is humorous to you can easily be offensive to others. What can be defined as offensive can be a pretty broad category and there are plenty of places that will end up paying out either because they don't want the attention, the cost of going through court is too much, or the plaintiff actually has a good case.

Oh, and the US has quite a bit more than a measure of ingrained racism left in it, a lot of shit on this site prooves that.

As for the rest, I'm not commenting on whether it's right to sue or if the bitch is sheisty or what not. I'm simply pointing out that she may have a case, and that in today's litigious and PC society you have to be careful, at least in the work place, because what is humorous to you can easily be offensive to others. What can be defined as offensive can be a pretty broad category and there are plenty of places that will end up paying out either because they don't want the attention, the cost of going through court is too much, or the plaintiff actually has a good case.

My point was that to coexist with some semblance of civility in a screwed up, maladjusted and selfish society such as the one we live in, you need to be able to pick your battles carefully and know when to let things slide and you need to know the difference between overt racism/sexism and someone merely being an insensitive clod. Otherwise, you're going to see everyone who isn't like you as a potential enemy and be in a state of constant passive aggression. As a result, you aren't going to be very popular, and most people that live like this end up being miserable and lonely jerks with huge persecution complexes.

Oh, and the US has quite a bit more than a measure of ingrained racism left in it, a lot of shit on this site prooves that.

I sort of agree, but I think that most of the shit talking on here has to do more with the disconnect that the internet provides. On the surface, there's no black or white or yellow or brown, or male or female here...it's just a bunch of semi-anonymous names and statements that are made with relative impunity. The majority of us are probably not racist in person...well, I'm not, and in my experience the people I've met from here (for the most part) aren't either. But if you were to draw conclusions based on what you read here, you wouldn't get that impression.

to be honest i looked at the picture first, didnt really read the title, and was totally shocked when people started pulling the race card.

if i put a gi joe, in barbies trailer with a picture of a hillbilly on the wall and then put it on my desk would anyone be offended?

My point was that to coexist with some semblance of civility in a screwed up, maladjusted and selfish society such as the one we live in, you need to be able to pick your battles carefully and know when to let things slide and you need to know the difference between overt racism/sexism and someone merely being an insensitive clod. Otherwise, you're going to see everyone who isn't like you as a potential enemy and be in a state of constant passive aggression. As a result, you aren't going to be very popular, and most people that live like this end up being miserable and lonely jerks with huge persecution complexes.

I sort of agree, but I think that most of the shit talking on here has to do more with the disconnect that the internet provides. On the surface, there's no black or white or yellow or brown, or male or female here...it's just a bunch of semi-anonymous names and statements that are made with relative impunity. The majority of us are probably not racist in person...well, I'm not, and in my experience the people I've met from here (for the most part) aren't either. But if you were to draw conclusions based on what you read here, you wouldn't get that impression.

You are correct in your 1st paragraph, however I would figure that those who do sue take the $$ and leave their place of work, so I don't know that they are affected much. They may live their lives as angry people, who knows.

Not racist in person.....? Basically closet racists. If you think like a racist, you are still racist even if you don't make it public. The anonymity probably makes it worse. This site is full of white people who make liberal use of the N word who would absolutely NEVER say that shit in front of a black person. I know, there's a handful of people who will make the 'I have black friends' remarks, but I highly doubt you would walk into a black neighborhood on your own and speak like that because you know you're going to get your ass beat.

to be honest i looked at the picture first, didnt really read the title, and was totally shocked when people started pulling the race card.

if i put a gi joe, in barbies trailer with a picture of a hillbilly on the wall and then put it on my desk would anyone be offended?

I would be offended as a real American hero.