Pugilism AKA Boxing Thread .................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naw man we were comin up with shit like that 4 like 2 hours after that fight dawg

but boom look at it man your conspiracy theory just wouldnt make sense.

why wouldnt his promoter not want him to fight mayweather undefeated.

it just doesnt make sense.

manny vs may would get his ass more money than anything

but boom look at it man your conspiracy theory just wouldnt make sense.

why wouldnt his promoter not want him to fight mayweather undefeated.

1.) Pacquiao was not undefeated when he fought Tim Bradley.

2.) Mayweather refuses to fight Pacquiao with Bob Arum/Top Rank as Manny's promoter because Arum wants to take a big chunk of that money for himself. Mayweather has said that multiple times.

3.) Bob Arum said himself, "We'll make a lot of money on the rematch, but this is fucking nuts."

4.) Bradley had oversized tickets printed before the fight happened with a Nov. 10th date on it to signify a rematch. Can you guess when the actual rematch will be? NOV. 10TH!

5.) Arum promotes both fighters and this is nothing but profit for him. He pays off the judges, now he has a new rising star/champion. It's all a ploy to get more money in the rematch. When Pacquiao leaves Top Rank Promotions when his contract expires Arum will have Bradley to fall back on.

940-mayweather-floyd-8col.jpg

Judge denies Floyd Mayweather's request to be released

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/boxing/story/2012/06/13/sp-boxing-floyd-mayweather-jail-stay.html

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s demands that he be released from jail because the poor quality of the food and water has threatened his health were denied by a Las Vegas judge who says he should eat and drink what is being given to him behind bars.

Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa wrote in her late Wednesday decision that water has been made available to Mayweather around the clock and the only reason he isn't eating properly is because he refuses to eat the provided meals.

Saragosa said Mayweather's complaints that he is unable to exercise in jail also are invalid because he has been "provided sufficient space and time for physical activity if he so chooses."

"This court finds, and the defendant admits, there is nothing illegal about the defendant's sentence in this case," Saragosa wrote.

A mere 12 days after Mayweather turned himself in to begin his three-month sentence, his legal team filed an emergency motion Monday asking the court to put him under house arrest or move him into the general jail population — something that jail officials had avoided to protect the celebrity fighter. The motion claimed the undefeated champion might never fight again because he was getting out of shape in solitary confinement.

Mayweather lawyer Richard Wright didn't immediately return a phone message late Wednesday. Wright said earlier this week that he was not seeking special treatment for the 35-year-old fighter.

Mayweather pleaded guilty last year to reduced domestic battery charges stemming from an attack on his former girlfriend while two of their children watched. The plea deal allowed him to avoid trial on felony charges that could have gotten Mayweather up to 34 years in prison if he was convicted.

Mayweather was sentenced Dec. 22, but was allowed to remain free long enough to make a Cinco de Mayo weekend fight.

Mayweather's legal team told the court this week that his personal physician, Dr. Robert Voy, visited the jail Friday and determined that the fighter appeared to have lost muscle tone. Voy estimated Mayweather was consuming fewer than 800 calories a day instead of his usual 3,000 or 4,000 calories. Mayweather also wasn't drinking enough because he wasn't allowed bottled water and doesn't enjoy tap water.

"I am concerned about Floyd withdrawing, developing anger he cannot dissipate through the usual means of dedicated exercise and training," Voy wrote in an affidavit. "Boxing has been Mr. Mayweather's life since he was a young man and we need champions of this type to continue to their natural retirement and hopefully their contributions to society thereafter."

Prosecutor Lisa Luzaich scoffed at the complaints during a court hearing Tuesday.

"It's jail," Luzaich told the court. "Where did he think he was going? The Four Seasons?"

fucking coward..

LMAO...

Hence the phrase "spoiled brat"...

Physically tough but mentally drowned in $...

LOL----

I wish they'd let him go to general population and get his ass handed to him daily.

He def would not be getting his ass handed to him at any point in there, he has legit LETHAL hands in the ring with rules being applied, so i can guarantee without any rules - he's much more dangerous than anybody in there...

Oh hands down there's gonna be quit a few heads that would step and scrap with him just to say i got "beat up" by Mayweather...LOL

Anybody (especially with his skills) who puts their hands on a woman is a piece of shit, he deserves to be in there longer without question.

*EDIT

Bullshit talks and Mayweather walks... It's all about $ that's why he's only doing 3 months, dude gets bottled water round the clock - in jail, c'mon really...

He def would not be getting his ass handed to him at any point in there, he has legit LETHAL hands in the ring with rules being applied, so i can guarantee without any rules - he's much more dangerous than anybody in there...

Implying he wouldn't get snuck.

Implying he wouldn't get jumped by multiple dudes.

Implying he wouldn't get pummeled by some guy that weighs 280 and is solid as a rock and laughs at his punches.

Implying they wouldn't line up to fight him one after another in group cells.

GTFO...he'd get stomped out.

Implying he wouldn't get snuck.

Implying he wouldn't get jumped by multiple dudes.

Implying he wouldn't get pummeled by some guy that weighs 280 and is solid as a rock and laughs at his punches.

Implying they wouldn't line up to fight him one after another in group cells.

GTFO...he'd get stomped out.

Getting jumped is whole different ball game, he's not fuckin superman...but he can def hold is own fighting heads one on one, even if it's one right after another he can probably take out a few dudes before he gets butt fucked...

As far as a dude weighing twice his weight, that really don't mean shit cause that saying "the bigger they are the harder they fall" is very true and hands down nobody will be laughing at his punches...that goes for anybody who has professional skills at that level, but who cares - he's where he should be for what he did so let him suffer for the little time they gave him...

Br0, nobody ever said it would be a fair fight....IN PRISON.

And you just admitted that he wouldn't win unless it was one on one.

Which it probably never would end up being.

Stop grasping at straws and just accept that your argument is weak.

Then go fight a 280 pound man of steel because he will presumably fall harder when someone half his size tries to knock him out.

David & Goliath people.

I never said the guys immortal, all i'm getting at is he has top notch professional skills and can hold his own a hell of a lot better than any average person in jail... He will not get his ass handed to him, he may get beat but he won't get abused...

EDIT: Besides he has a lot of $ so you don't think he's paying off the squirrel master to protect him!!

PDVD_007.jpg

• Like 1

Promoter says rematch too hard

Manny Pacquiao’s recent admission that he ‘wants to get his belt back’ from Timothy Bradley has left promoter Bob Arum with a headache as the Top Rank boss still sees a rematch between the two as difficult to justify.

The ‘Pacman’ spoke out in light of the WBO’s recent review in which five judges re-scored the controversial fight earlier this week, with all finding in his favour, and the Filipino vowed to even the score in a rematch - something Arum is keen to avoid.

"Obviously, he's the boss, he's the fighter, and to the extent possible, I'll do what he says," Arum said to Yahoo! Sports. "Otherwise, I wouldn't have his loyalty. I have to talk to him, though, and make certain he understands all the ramifications, (and see) if he is aware of what the public's perception is. I would have to have, if I were going to do a rematch, an investigation, which is ongoing with the attorney general's office, to clarify the situation.

"If it was simply the incompetence of the judges and a simple mistake, period, which is what you and I suspect, and they determine there is no wrongdoing, that's easy to remedy. All we do is have a rematch with different judges.

"Absent that, given all this suspicion, no matter how unwarranted, it would be hard to do a rematch. Half of these websites are saying that the promoter is the one who did this and that I talked to these judges. I had nothing whatsoever to do with picking them and never talked to them."

Bradley has just one fight on his mind for the end of the year whilst Pacquiao is contemplating a fourth meeting with Juan Manuel Marquez. If Arum has his way, ‘Dinamita’ would get the nod and his star fighter could even travel to Mexico to settle an old score.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/06/arum-disagrees-with-pacquiaos-belt-wish.html