Pugilism AKA Boxing Thread .................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was listening to this radio sports show out in my area and dude was talking bout how he was so mad no pacman/mayweather fight..then he went on saying that he wasn't gonna pay for the fight..and he was telling the callers to

not order fight..to hit em where it hurts (wallets) cause he didn't want to see a old mayweather and a old pacman go at it...saying the fans want to see that fight who cares bout cotto/mayweather etc..

In some way I kinda agree with that but then again I'm too much of a boxing fan not to watch it..

I'm kinda over that fight until it happens..correct if I'm wrong though, the fight is not happening because of mayweather wants a bigger cut?? if that's the case I wouldn't settle either if I was pacman..I. honestly would think pacman would bring more of the people in..so yeah I wouldnt settle either 50/50 or nada..fuck what mayweather wants..

Another thing..I believe Mayweather is so concerned bout losing..doesn't want to lose..maybe that why he don't want to fight pacman?? All great boxing legends have lost a fight before..

Mayweather Still Ducking Pacquiao? http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7629246&categoryid=2378529

fucking COWARD.

Shit aggravates me. Floyd def duckin Paq and now this is the new excuse.

Black guy trying to say Floyd's the big name/big draw because of 0 losses...,

Fuck that. How many belts in different weight classes does Floyd have??

Manny fights anyone.He is the first eight-division world champion;

won six world titles; as well as the first to win the lineal championship in four different weight classes

Floyd is BITCH.

PRAYING COTTO BEATS HIM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WHEN fighters like Anthony Mundine step into the ring with Father Dave Smith, they're usually hesitant to throw the first punch - until he connects with one.

Next month at least 30 boxers, from champion Anthony Mundine to novice John Safran, will face that challenge when the pugilist priest attempts to break the world record for the most continuous rounds of boxing by going the knuckle on Palm Sunday.

The parish priest at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Dulwich Hill aims to box 120 rounds of three minutes over eight hours on Sunday, April 1.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/dulwich-hill-priest-to-fight-for-record-breaking-120-rounds-on-palm-sunday/story-e6freuy9-1226299080885

http://www.examiner.com/filipino-sports-in-national/roy-jones-jr-talks-about-how-he-would-ve-done-against-mayweather-and-pacquiao

Roy Jones, Jr. talks about how he would've done against Mayweather and Pacquiao.

IMO he wouldn't have beat either. This is coming from a Roy Jones, Jr fan.

I didn't listen to it. I can tell you what he probably said without hearing it.

Roy, that cruiserweight division was awesome for your career.

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't miss much on that Morales v. Garcia fight besides a couple of left hooks that Morales took to the jaw. Overall it was a mediocre fight, in my opinion. Morales should retire, he looked old and tired but his wife is pretty dope.

The Kirkland vs. Molina stoppage was a joke and is yet another reason why boxing ethics are driving people away from the sport. Speaking of bad calls by the referee, I'm really considering heading out to Las Vegas for the Peterson/Khan rematch in May.

• 4 weeks later...

dont really care for Judah..he was aight nothing to amazing.. as far Cotto nothing really much you can say bout dude..hella conservative quite guy.

heres the face to face they had on HBO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqijirZVAxs&feature=youtu.be

will say though think Cotto is the fighter that Mayweather hasnt really talked bad bout..

but of course on the 24/7 he goes off and talks shit like always but the face to face..nothing really negative..prob cause Cotto wont fall into all the BS talk.