MLB 2009 discussion thread!

IHATEU

Everyone needs to step it up. Alot of the guys just stand there and look at strike 3 WTF is that. James Loney looks like a girl swinging, shit pisses me off.

Yup.. Saw that a couple of times last night. Two strike counts and dudes is taking pitches way too close. Hopefully this is just a little slump and they pick shit back up real quick like.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say bench Manny and bring back Pierre and a team that's hungry to prove itself.

The LA bats got hot again last night. Pierre is good, however I dont think they should bench Manny, with him in the line up the guys who bat around him see more fastballs. When Manny comes up all he gets is Low outside fastballs, or breaking balls. If the pitcher makes a mistake then its GONE! Tough situation, im sure Torre has thought about benching him though.

Other than that grand slam Manny hit.. He hasn't done shit and has come up short in the clutch too many times.

Fuck!

It is starting to piss me off. Runners in scoring position and NO ONE can come through. And how the hell do you let slow ass Albert Steal second. Martin is suckin hard right now. At least i got my Matty Kemp Bobble head! :lol:

Yeah, the Dodgers looked unstoppable before the break, even without Manny

But Its pretty safe to say that Philly is the favorite to win the pennant for 2nd straight year.

Especially w/2 aces in Hamels & Lee

I'm definitely drinkin' that Philly cool-aid

...On 2nd thought, I'm all set w/all things in Philadelphia pertaining to aids

'09 NL Pennant Odds:

Chicago Cubs 8-1

Philadelphia Phillies 5-2

Los Angeles Dodgers 9-4

New York Mets 50-1

Arizona Diamondbacks 250-1

Milwaukee Brewers 50-1

Florida Marlins 8-1

Colorado Rockies 8-1

Houston Astros 50-1

St Louis Cardinals 5-2

Cincinnati Reds 250-1

San Francisco Giants 8-1

Atlanta Braves 10-1

San Diego Padres 250-1

Pittsburgh Pirates 250-1

Washington Nationals 250-1

The offense is obviously fine but its starting pitching that wins championships.

& the league seems to have figured Kershaw out lately.

He's lasted an average of only 3-1/2 innings in his last couple starts

Chances are, the ALCS is going to be a hell of a lot more exciting than the World Series, yet again

Archived