MLB 2009 discussion thread!

IHATEU

Performance Enhancing Drugs.. The fans wanted it, the owners & executives encouraged/profited off it while looking the other way.

And now the players (active & retired) are feeling serious heat. Majority of professional athletes were using amphetamines for decades & people never cared.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4385699

And yeah, I'm defending my memorable '04

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every year when they go on sale I get em as soon as there up online and grab 5 or 6 games at face value.

Face is like 50 bucks but they'd prolly be like 80 off a scalper for the rays.

Up to 150 for redsox/yankees in same section.

I know a bunch of people in the ticket broker agency that couldn't even give a away some Mariner tickets on occasion. Your best bet is to wait out as long as you can, a lot of the time you can get them for under face. It mostly depends on who they're playing.

yo, the NY POST finally had a nice headline for A-Rod, I think it said "A-Men"

but we'll still never forget this one:

alexrodriguezpostcover2909-200x223.jpg

that was a good weekend, what a series.

My favorite game was the A.J. Burnett vs. Beckett one with the A-Rod homer in the 15th, the second game

I hate the red sox.

I especially hate the idiots who have no connection with bean town at all and still run around in their "big papi" shirts and their brand new, "roughed up," red sox baseball hat.

This.

My dad is from MA, but I can honestly say they are not my team. I pulled for them in '03 and '04, but after that I moved on.

I was elaborating on Buttered's post in regards to people who worship the Red Sox while having no connection to Boston or MA (i.e. bandwagon).

I was offended by your ignorance and quickness to say I'm on some 'bandwagon shit', but by no means am I "all hurt". I just think you're stupid, and presumably nothing more than a lurker.

And for your information, the Red Sox bandwagon began after they won the 2004 WS. Before that, the fair-weather favorites were the Yankees.

twins got it for detroit. We took the series 2-1 but they did NOT go

quietly. Could have won all 3 and they were playing on the road. Wish

i was at Comerica Park yesterday afternoon.

It looked like a great series. I saw all of Pavano's game on Saturday. We could have had yesterday, but Baker fucking shit himself for the zillionth time this season and did not challenge Cabrera and Thames like he should have. He's given up so many fucking home runs, it's not even funny. Our offense has been carrying our team in lieu of effective pitching. When both work, like it did on Saturday, we do quite well.

Al East- yankees

Al central- Chi sox

Al West- Angels

Nl East- Phillies

Nl central- Cardinals

Nl west- Dodgers

Callin my shot

I agree with every team but Chicago. This team can't get it together to go on a run. Detroit has been in 1st place since MAY 9TH.<-------

6 out of the last 10 games for Detroit are against the White Sox. I can't wait 'till they shut them down for good.

I agree with every team but Chicago. This team can't get it together to go on a run. Detroit has been in 1st place since MAY 9TH.<-------

6 out of the last 10 games for Detroit are against the White Sox. I can't wait 'till they shut them down for good.

I agree that they have trouble keeping shit together.

But im predicting a late august hot streak, the pitching will become solid again

and Chi sox will hold it the fuck down son

Yeah, Tigers are holding it down

Sox never cease to let me down and make me hate them sometimes

But then next week theyll make me love them again

Twins really got some solid hitters, I think consistent pitching is your main drag

as is with the sox

Pitching is precisely our problem. Last year, it was awesome, everyone had sub-4 ERAs with winning records, but our offense lacked with Mauer, Morneau, and Kubel being the only real production. This year it is the opposite, offense is nuts. But it does you no good when the pitching has issues in both the starting rotation and relief. Saturday's game was a perfect example of how good we can be when everything works.

Archived