waking life

banana fish

I watched this not too long ago and really enjoyed it.

I thought it would be interesting to know what you gentleman thought was the best part of the movie.

I did a search and didn’t find anything on it.

But if this has been done or this is totally uninteresting please feel free to close it.

I liked this one a lot

and this one. It reminded a lot of Searle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Ee9mW9IG8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I watched this a long time ago in highschool,

I gotta say, I was tripping out really bad and i wasnt even high. maybe the constant

outline shaking of the characters through the entire movie messed with my head..

they made a similar one different concept, "A Scanner Darkly", with the dude from the matrix.

I recommend both.. also my friend got me to watch this movie called, "Me and You and Everyone we know"

what did you think of the "12 minutes of pure brain activity after you die" (Ethan Hawke speaking on Tim Leary) which could, in a sense be your current existence. and the notion that once an idea is out there, it enters a pool of common consciousness and can be picked out of the air randomly by anyone anywhere. Which would mean that genius is superstition, right? No such thing as intellectual property. good news for the biters.

what did you think of the "12 minutes of pure brain activity after you die" (Ethan Hawke speaking on Tim Leary) which could, in a sense be your current existence. and the notion that once an idea is out there, it enters a pool of common consciousness and can be picked out of the air randomly by anyone anywhere. Which would mean that genius is superstition, right? No such thing as intellectual property. good news for the biters.

ugh.

I wonder what energy consumption in the brain looks like for people with capacities for consistent higher order reasoning, and those that don't...

^haha

this movie does to philosophy what "what the bleep do we know" does to quantum mechanics.

Right on. I got tired of the half-baked, pretentious existentialism real quick...I couldn't even sit through the entire movie. It just suckers people in with this veneer of "deep"ness.

Because of the restrictions of the medium, I think even "intellectual" movies ultimately need to be more visceral than cerebral. A Waking Life failed at that pretty hard.

My friends have been telling me to watch this for awhile now, but never got the chance. That ant clip was awesome, she has a nice voice. It kind of goes along with parts of this...

My co-workers were talking about this drug at work the other day. Something like it occurs naturally in your life twice at birth and death? Thats kinda wild that right out of the womb you start to go through dream like hallucinations. It be interesting to know what an infant is hallucinating since it has no knowledge about the world/people yet.

My co-workers were talking about this drug at work the other day. Something like it occurs naturally in your life twice at birth and death? Thats kinda wild that right out of the womb you start to go through dream like hallucinations. It be interesting to know what an infant is hallucinating since it has no knowledge about the world/people yet.

I think you're referring to DMT, Dimethyltryptamine.