Chill Walls

smak.one

I would hope most writers would take the approach of practicing at chill spots before getting their name out. 1. It's embarrassing to be up everywhere if you name looks like shit. 2. If you want to get out to new places and you're still learning, do it under another name, so when you do get up with the name you like, you won't look stupid. 3. Once you have a chill spot all to yourself, roll it. You will save loads of spray paint, when you prime the wall first. This is probably one of the smartest thing you can do because you learn to be efficient with your spray paint, and since it's a chill wall, you will have the time to roll it. Everything will fall into place when you learn by doing. Oh and don't litter. Never leave any trace that anyone was there except for what was on the wall. Good luck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Aight. Im new here so I dont really retain the right to be an asshole yet so I'm just going to help you out. I live in a small town, so getting up around here is a BAD IDEA. What I did, to start out, was purchase two 8x10' pieces of plywood and set them horizontally next to eachother. I painted on that for MONTHS until I wanted something a little more realistic to paint on. After that, I went out and purchased some damaged cinder blocks and made a wall out in the woods. That was great. I loved it. I was on my own property out of the view of others and I spent hours a day out there. Eventually I wanted to just get out and really paint, so I found myself a nice chill tunnel that was under a river bridge. There is where I really perfected my style and all until I was not only confident in myself, but sure my work would be appreciated. Dont be in a hurry to get your name all over town. Practice for atleast 40-70 hours of can time on your own, posting flicks online for crits, and then go from there.

motherfucker lives in the woods

why the fuck would you waste so much time and energy and money building your own walls

if your mad toy and want to paint where its not public

find some dead tracks or an abandoned house to paint in

• 2 weeks later...
im a writer who isnt exactly legend material, but im past being a HUGE toy. i just wanted to know if i should paint chill walls with out a lot of cars passing ans shit like that. or should i go out at 2 in the morning and do a throwie on a busy corner? if i do a chill wall, should i be worried about which paint i use? on hidden walls for practise and shit i just use whatever is the cheapest at canadian tire or wal mart or whatever. is this wrong?

kill yourself.......:huh:

• 1 year later...
im a writer who isnt exactly legend material, but im past being a HUGE toy. i just wanted to know if i should paint chill walls with out a lot of cars passing ans shit like that. or should i go out at 2 in the morning and do a throwie on a busy corner? if i do a chill wall, should i be worried about which paint i use? on hidden walls for practise and shit i just use whatever is the cheapest at canadian tire or wal mart or whatever. is this wrong?

You just made me laugh.

• 4 months later...

50ft and higher billboards are they way to go if your just starting out. make sure you get the schematics of the light box from the city though so you can figure out how to make the lights turn off while your up there. if they ask why you need them just say you want to paint on the billboard. they wont care. i do it all the time

hey guys im gayyy! and i wanna know if i can paint anyone's body with finger paints and what kinda paints i should use to draw barney on your belly button.

you can paint my mom.......shes 53. try and get that shit on shriimp!

• 2 months later...

If you're asking where you need to paint, but you don't understand that painting alone is a fuck lot safer then painting on a street. Research, read, write and research some more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...