2008 MLB Season.

DrUnKpUnCh

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought my 18-pack of High Life in preparation of being drunk and upset about a looming Santana deal. Fuck.

Atleast we'll get a center fielder out of the deal.

With the Mets being a NL team, he'll get to swing the bat, which is just as much as a treat as watching the guy pitch. He was a killer during the interleagues last season.

dude honestly I am glad santana is going to the mets.. I was really hoping that the sox wouldn't trade ellsbury for santana... I wonder how he is going to do in the n.l.

this has to do more with minnesota teams in general not wanting to pay their fucking players, especially the good ones. this baseball shit is making me sick, they'd rather bring up motherfuckers from their farm down in mankato or some shit than pay santana to do what he does - be a good pitcher

I agree. Baseball has been rather frustrating the last couple of seasons, though. I just nearly lost it when we traded Castillo. But you can't deny we have one of the best farm organizations.

Oh well, the trade hasn't been finalized, so there is a small hope that we can give Santana an offer. I strongly doubt it, though. I think the whole front office gets a huge boner whenever the word 'prospect' is used.

No chance.. the mets are big spenders in the last few years.. they are willing to dish it out.. I wonder how badly they are going to overpay santana... and if wonder if they will go after barry...

i think the sox picked up the contract on j.d. drew, but don't hold me to it.

yeah j.d. drew opted out of his contract then we signed him to a huge contract... even though his best season was 2004 was a complete fucking fluke (see steroids) and he just plain sucks and is injured way to often...

i'm not sure right now of what position he played, but i think it was right field. if that's right is Ellsbury (sp?) going to move into the starting role possibly??

so manny is in left.. ellsbury is in center and then drew is in right is how its looking.. though I think that crisp is the better option over drew, so moving ellsbury to right and keeping crisp in center is the way to do it... and we should get rid of drew for anything right now, I think everyone in baseball questioned that signing, and knew that drew wasn't going to come through..

drew was supposed to hit behind manny or ortiz... giving them the protection that they needed.. since nixon fizzled out the season before..

Drew can't hit for shit.. they really need to drop him.. it was horrible watching balls land that nixon would have dove for and caught with a great catch..