NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

Re: NYC Subways - the good stuff

that's what's dope about classic subway flicks to me...hearing the stories associated with the flick..

it's kind of a shame that a lot of new writers these days aren't really big on seeking out history

So true but I feel there's a fine line between seeking history out and being a jock. If someone you know should happen to tell some stories about what it was like back in the day thats dope. Although I always felt that if you ask for stories your reaching. If people want to share there stories they will. If you have to ask you forcing it. There may be some reason why they never told you a particular story. That just my stupid out look on shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

photo credit goes to me on that damp t2b labrat! just to let you know who took that photo. i can believe how much of my photo's are on the internet. thats what i get for being a nice guy. i been pimped like a 2 dollar hoe.

cavs

bump 2 dollar hoes!! i need some of them in my life ... word ...

After going through this site with AKS I've come to realize a good amount of these flicks are from his collection. My mans collection is like the encyclopedia, broken down by year, boro, him or other writers.

without starting another internet controversy....i see tons of flicks that i know for a fact cavs

shot..and tons i know my man zed shot..i am very guilty of posting pics that

i acquired through years of trading thru the mail..and making copy negs of them and mailing them overseas to other writers i traded with or giving copies of them to my boys

... later on i sold almost all of my nyc train pics on ebay..again after i copied a bunch of them with my digital camera..i even saw a picture with my thumb in it posted from when

i was making a copy negative of it.. the point im getting at is i fully understand wanting credit

for photos..but man in this digital day and age it is almost impossible to know

the lineage of it..people should try to not take it so personally..i can see its going to start tearing this thread apart and deter people from posting shit..thats my opinion..

and face it silver halide based photographs have a short shelf life .. if you havent already i recommend to all the flick horders to get those flicks out of those sticky books

and start digitizing them to preserve them......and perhaps share them with the younger gen..

Respect and Thanks to Cav...Ven...Zed

Pre my comment was in no way intended to slight anyone. After looking through this thread with AKS this weekend he was a little pissed that a bunch of flicks that he knew he was the source of where posted online. Especially when he informed heads that he had a project in the works to make business venture out of the flicks.

I know the whole crediting of the flicks might be an issue with some people, man sometimes I get that way as well when I see my own flicks but hey that it itself shows the history the way it was, trading hardcopy flicks via snail mail..

When I was overseas Cavs sent me a buch of stuff during the "wall" migration after the redbirds, and kept me in the loop for the two years I was in Europe and in the Gulf.. To be honest he probably has the freshest set of flicks I have ever seen. The same goes to Ven and the others from the letter lines that documented thier travels in all types of weather ..

Just breathe, sit back and enjoy and lets get this bitch over 30,000 views by April 1 :)

I do not let it bother me anymore. I just don't like when people on certain graff websites put watermarks on photos I've taken. If you don't hold the original negative of the shot then how can you put a watermark on it? Flickr also pisses me off a bit because people start accounts and then it looks like it's their flicks they are posting. In here its all good. People are just posting what they find out and about on the net and at home. No problems with me on that. In fact I got a couple cool things myself out this thread already. For example that Daze next to the Kos within the last page or so I never seen before. I had the Kos already and its cool to have the rest of it now. If my flicks are out there then they are out there. Post em up. I have enough exclusive shit like the rest of us who benched daily that Im not stressing it. So keep on posting!!!

vens a cool motherfucker ..wish we could paint together someday ....

Well that can be subjective in some writers eyes. Alot of shit went down in the past with people, even though its almost twenty years after the fact, I've caught hate on other graff sites a few years back from a few writers from my generation. I get along with most writers but their are few who I'm still quite sure hate me. I was never about beef with people back then as I was more into the movement itself then coming at some territorial gangster perspective but shit would happen just from simple shit like guilt by association or someone going over you first. It was what is was.

Hopefully everyone viewing this thread from past & present can leave the drama out and just post flicks unbiasedly so that present & future generation can learn what subway style from NYC was all about

im deffinitly not down with drama. life is too short. yall should know how it was back then and what we went through to get them flicks. it wasnt easy. i dont care about photo credit. im just letting yall know who took that flick. im proud of that. im not going to elaborate on how much of my life i dedicated to being out there. if i put a book out and all my flicks are on the internet, then it's gonna be boring. think about it, when we went to school to learn, we read books. same thing here. if future generations wanna learn then read about it. now, i dont have the urge to put a book out.

QUESTION to the older heads in here from ny. what was the LAST line running with bombed cars. i remember it being one of the letter lines, like the B maybe?, even though the mta had that big press release shit "celebrating" the last bombed car going oiut of service which i think was a 5 train. anyone care to shed light?

A quick question for all you old nyc writers in the late 80s in britain there was a graffiti documentry with a guy called BRIM i have seen very little of his work anywhere only a couple of flicks on here was he up much and does anyone have more flicks of his stuff.

A quick question for all you old nyc writers in the late 80s in britain there was a graffiti documentry with a guy called BRIM i have seen very little of his work anywhere only a couple of flicks on here was he up much and does anyone have more flicks of his stuff.

Brim was the Founder of T.A.T, Tough Ass Team, Top Artistic Talent, etc it eventually became TAT's Cru (http://www.tatscru.com/) there are a few pics of his stuff on this thread I believe he also wrote Nail from time to time. Ghost Of or Ven can correct me on that.

Here is a video that he appeared in with Famous Vandal Squad Detectives Ski And Hikki who seen dedicated the flinstones miami vice car to

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7SJllKLl2uY

154158755_b24c586633_o.jpg

152072657_cb78f744d5_o.jpg