NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

To be honest, I wish I had never seen "Dreams Don't Die". The subplot (anything besides the graffiti was subplot to me) was horrendous. The whole thing was one giant cliche'. I ask you, could the kid have been any WHITER? I mean that kid was damn weird looking. Makes me sick just thinking about how that actor looked. Kirk was no better...fuckin baby faced baby-gangsta, with some fetal-alcohol syndrome. The cop was halfway decent, as a cardboard cop cutout. Overall a big let-down.

The one scene I liked was when the kid busts out his marker and tags stuff when he knows he shouldn't.

C-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
To be honest, I wish I had never seen "Dreams Don't Die". The subplot (anything besides the graffiti was subplot to me) was horrendous. The whole thing was one giant cliche'. I ask you, could the kid have been any WHITER? I mean that kid was damn weird looking. Makes me sick just thinking about how that actor looked. Kirk was no better...fuckin baby faced baby-gangsta, with some fetal-alcohol syndrome. The cop was halfway decent, as a cardboard cop cutout. Overall a big let-down.

The one scene I liked was when the kid busts out his marker and tags stuff when he knows he shouldn't.

C-

It does have its cheesy moments, but there are some good ones. I still think the opening scene when they run from the street and jump the fence into the M yard is pretty cool. Plus all of those trains running as the credits go up. I think that i thought it was better when i first saw it in the 80's, but I can still appreciated it though..

"i'm the king of the line that's what i am!"

you know during that time alot of writers were experimenting with substances. Personally from the crew I hung with we saw a lot of people get lost in the world of zootie bang and never recover. Alot of them had talent but when you are dusted nothing seems to fall into place (at least for the most part).

Me and Elf used to get dusted and come up with some crazy ideas and concepts. I know I am speaking of those in and around MPC but I am pretty sure alot of other crews at that time had similar stories.

In retrospect I still consider myself lucky to be around that time and make it until now.

you know during that time alot of writers were experimenting with substances. Personally from the crew I hung with we saw a lot of people get lost in the world of zootie bang and never recover. Alot of them had talent but when you are dusted nothing seems to fall into place (at least for the most part).

Me and Elf used to get dusted and come up with some crazy ideas and concepts. I know I am speaking of those in and around MPC but I am pretty sure alot of other crews at that time had similar stories.

In retrospect I still consider myself lucky to be around that time and make it until now.

Thank you for that bit of expeirence & knowledge...