NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Here´s a connector of the two first shots, photoshopped and a little bit bigger..

kvs1.jpg

Yeah this one just made my day. Both nice panels. Never saw this...

By any chance does anyone have flicks (or even got to see running) that Miami Vice car that these guys did that had a write up in the paper? I know it was unfinished, but would be cool to see.

Yeah this one just made my day. Both nice panels. Never saw this...

By any chance does anyone have flicks (or even got to see running) that Miami Vice car that these guys did that had a write up in the paper? I know it was unfinished, but would be cool to see.

THIS IS A FRESH CAR DONE IN FRESH POND M YARD ...3 OUT OF 4 GOT BAGGED GUESS WHO ESCAPED..ALSO I BEIEVE DG WAS IN THE YARD ALSO...HE GAVE ME NICE PICS OF THE CAR SITTING AT CONEY ISLAND STATION..THIS PIC WAS TAKEN AT METRO STATION.....FRESH SHIT.....

THIS IS A FRESH CAR DONE IN FRESH POND M YARD ...3 OUT OF 4 GOT BAGGED GUESS WHO ESCAPED..ALSO I BEIEVE DG WAS IN THE YARD ALSO...HE GAVE ME NICE PICS OF THE CAR SITTING AT CONEY ISLAND STATION..THIS PIC WAS TAKEN AT METRO STATION.....FRESH SHIT.....

Nice. How much of that car was done before they got raided? Yeah, seems like flicks of that car is rare.

the #s got more play because generally, there were more pieces on the numbers, especially between the late 70s and early 80s. also tho, because thats where Henry & Martha were shooting. so to some degree, they set the tone for what got documented. no disrespect to Henry or Martha, they did a profound job of documenting subway graffiti during that period. but i believe there are still lots of letter line photos out there in peoples personal collections that have not been seen. i know that for a fact.

the #s got more play because generally, there were more pieces on the numbers, especially between the late 70s and early 80s. also tho, because thats where Henry & Martha were shooting. so to some degree, they set the tone for what got documented. no disrespect to Henry or Martha, they did a profound job of documenting subway graffiti during that period. but i believe there are still lots of letter line photos out there in peoples personal collections that have not been seen. i know that for a fact.

Also the numbers ran more north - south above ground which allowed for better light.

That "REVLON",piece is bangin',I like that RE connection,and the color scheme is butter too.I'd like to see that KAB,REV,and TEKAY train flick I seen in ON THE GO magazine back in the early 1990's if someone had it.

SHARK..THAT WAS A CAR REV AND KAB 5 ALONG WITH TEKAY DID IN THE SCRAP YARD ON A WHITE NUMBER TRAIN IN 1987

How many trains did Revs do roughly? Through the years i would guess that i have probably seen anywhere from half a dozen to a dozen (including 2 whole cars).

REV DID CARS FROM LATE 82-86 TOOK A YEAR OFF STARTED LATE 87 WITH I FEW WALLS SCRAP TRAINS ETC...MID 88 REV AND DB KNEW THE TRAINS WERE ON THE WAY OUT SO THEY DID A BUNCH OF CARS AT 57ST B LAYUP.DEWEY ETC I ALWAYS LIKED THE REVLON LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG CAR IT RAN ON THE Js FOR A WHILE..REV GOT RESPECT ON THE LINES FOR A LONG TIME ONLY BEEF I REMEMBER WAS LOGO..ANY A FEW OTHER BKLYN CATZ HE HAD A YELLOW REVLON CAR HE DID IN EARLY 85 RUN RIGHT TO THE SCRAP YARD IN 89..ONLY THE N GOT NIPED BY RAM...WITH THE R THROWIE....THEN CAME THE REVS ROLLER ERA THEN MET UP WITH ADAM...LETS NOT FORGET REV HAD MORE PIECES IN THE PARKING LOTS IN THE 1980s THEN ANYBODY ELSE...TRUST..I PAINTED WITH HIM

REV DID CARS FROM LATE 82-86 TOOK A YEAR OFF STARTED LATE 87 WITH I FEW WALLS SCRAP TRAINS ETC...MID 88 REV AND DB KNEW THE TRAINS WERE ON THE WAY OUT SO THEY DID A BUNCH OF CARS AT 57ST B LAYUP.DEWEY ETC I ALWAYS LIKED THE REVLON LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG CAR IT RAN ON THE Js FOR A WHILE..REV GOT RESPECT ON THE LINES FOR A LONG TIME ONLY BEEF I REMEMBER WAS LOGO..ANY A FEW OTHER BKLYN CATZ HE HAD A YELLOW REVLON CAR HE DID IN EARLY 85 RUN RIGHT TO THE SCRAP YARD IN 89..ONLY THE N GOT NIPED BY RAM...WITH THE R THROWIE....THEN CAME THE REVS ROLLER ERA THEN MET UP WITH ADAM...LETS NOT FORGET REV HAD MORE PIECES IN THE PARKING LOTS IN THE 1980s THEN ANYBODY ELSE...TRUST..I PAINTED WITH HIM

Thanks for the info. Yeah, i remember seeing quite a few of Revs parking lots way back when. Be nice to see more DB stuff to. Guy did good shit.

Props to "REVS",the first graffiti flick I ever took was a picture of the piece REVLON did on canal st.It was dated 1985,but I took the flick in 1988 out of my mother's car window with a polaroid camera.It said THE ART AND ANTIQUE CENTER.That REVLON piece that got niped by the RAM "R" is in the STEEL WHEELS 1986-1997 book.Thanks for droppin' knowledge 1959 RUSTO.

Tonight at 9, ABC is offering a television movie about young people that seems to have had difficulty settling on a title. Past candidates have included ''Children of the Streets'' and ''So Young, So Deadly.'' Opting for a less sensational tack, the producers have decided to go with ''Dreams Don't Die.'' The hero is Danny (Ike Eisenmann), a 17-year-old subway graffiti painter of, we are assured, extraordinary raw talent. He is in love with Theresa (Trini Alvarado), a 15-year-old who has been brought up in foster homes and who longs to move up and out of their poor Brooklyn neighborhood.

Along comes a young punk named Captain Kirk (Israel Juarbe), who rides around town in one of those elongated chauffered limousines. Kirk works for a big drug dealer (James Broderick) and manages to convince Theresa that she can make a lot of money delivering his goods. The point is that she is still not 16 and therefore not subject to the stiff penalties of the new drug laws. Meanwhile, Danny is befriended by a caring policeman (Paul Winfield) and, after making his very first trip to Manhattan and visiting the Guggenheim Museum, begins to realize that a paying career as a commercial artist might be preferable to defacing public property.

Complete with Danny's long-suffering mother (Judi West), who works in a sweatshop to support her family, this is a shamelessly calculating morality tale, designed for young audiences needing to be reassured that the good guys really do win. In the end, the villains are begging for mercy and the two young lovers are catching a train to a new and brighter life, passing under a sign that reads: ''It's your subway, Please help us keep it clean.''

lo lol lol what a writeup

Tonight at 9, ABC is offering a television movie about young people that seems to have had difficulty settling on a title. Past candidates have included ''Children of the Streets'' and ''So Young, So Deadly.'' Opting for a less sensational tack, the producers have decided to go with ''Dreams Don't Die.'' The hero is Danny (Ike Eisenmann), a 17-year-old subway graffiti painter of, we are assured, extraordinary raw talent. He is in love with Theresa (Trini Alvarado), a 15-year-old who has been brought up in foster homes and who longs to move up and out of their poor Brooklyn neighborhood.

Along comes a young punk named Captain Kirk (Israel Juarbe), who rides around town in one of those elongated chauffered limousines. Kirk works for a big drug dealer (James Broderick) and manages to convince Theresa that she can make a lot of money delivering his goods. The point is that she is still not 16 and therefore not subject to the stiff penalties of the new drug laws. Meanwhile, Danny is befriended by a caring policeman (Paul Winfield) and, after making his very first trip to Manhattan and visiting the Guggenheim Museum, begins to realize that a paying career as a commercial artist might be preferable to defacing public property.

Complete with Danny's long-suffering mother (Judi West), who works in a sweatshop to support her family, this is a shamelessly calculating morality tale, designed for young audiences needing to be reassured that the good guys really do win. In the end, the villains are begging for mercy and the two young lovers are catching a train to a new and brighter life, passing under a sign that reads: ''It's your subway, Please help us keep it clean.''

some great footage of the letter lines in this movie.

haha

Do yaselves a favour and never see a flick called "The Graffiti Artist".