NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

confirmed: Federal safety green....Rusto.

im no expert or nothin, but from what i remember jungle was a great color, but really thin. it would take more than jungle green to cover up all those black marsh tags on the IRTs. a fillin that durable and solid HAS to be rusto - no question. even back then krylon just couldnt cut it.

confirmed: Federal safety green....Rusto.

im no expert or nothin, but from what i remember jungle was a great color, but really thin. it would take more than jungle green to cover up all those black marsh tags on the IRTs. a fillin that durable and solid HAS to be rusto - no question. even back then krylon just couldnt cut it.

Yeah, Jungle Green is one of my favorite Krylon colors ever made, but i completelly agree with you on how thin it is. It would sometimes take a nice 2 coats on a wall to look somewhat solid. I can imagine how many times guys had to coat it when they used to paint trains, and had to go over rusto black, and marker tags. I remember Ven telling me that he would only throw some Krylon designs over a fill in of Rusto because Krylon just couldn't cut it.

Zed, That dude may be losing his memory.

My money is on Rusto "Speedy Dry" Lime Green. Fed Safety Green is the color in those 2 HIMS and WANE Panels.

I would put that money back in your pocket if I was you. The color in those pictures are very off. That is Jungle Green around the Web and background behind the Ven is Fed Green. You cats are all over the Jungle Green but it's all about the Cascade Green in the Ven piece. That was the hottest and rarest color on the car at the time this was painted.

I would put that money back in your pocket if I was you. The color in those pictures are very off. That is Jungle Green around the Web and background behind the Ven is Fed Green. You cats are all over the Jungle Green but it's all about the Cascade Green in the Ven piece. That was the hottest and rarest color on the car at the time this was painted.

There's nothing better than information straight from the sources' mouth.....l

DeaOpel1.jpg

This is a shot in the dark..I was wondering if any on you ever heard

of these cats. I dont know much ,It looks like is says TBB crew

the names appear to be Dea Opel? ..anyways this crew

did some storefronts and walls in philly in the early 80s

they were clearly more advanced than all but a handful

of philly writers. i assumed they were from Ny ?

web_ven_him.jpg

^ Just made a smoother join-up of this car... enjoy!

The colors when it was "touched up" are too bright and off... As stated above that is Fed Safety Green behind the Ven piece and the color around the Web is actually Utilac Parrot Green(as per Web... ;))...

Is that Cascade in the Ven fill or around it? I would have never guessed,that's how far off the colors are in this "touch up".

I still have a can of that Speedy Dry Lime Green. Amazing color. Too bad they never made those in the 12, or 13 oz cans back then.

I agree!!! Jungle is my favorite color of all time but if they made that Lime Green Speedy Dry in a full size can that would be off the hook!!!! The Red Devil Lime Green was pretty dope!!!!