NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was on Amazon.com today and they are taking pre orders for what looks to be a TDC book in the works.Cool to see Schiffer publications coming out with hardcore graffiti books.The title is New York City Graffiti by The Destiny Children.

The Destiny Children Book available October 2011

Book Description

This true story and retrospective documents the life and times of members of The Destiny Children (TDC) graffiti crew from 1985 to 2000. From Long Island, New York, The Destiny Children/Unlimited Styled Artists commemorate the 25-year history of the crew and their impact on the New York City subway graffiti era. This large collector's book is loaded with 500 color images of original art ranging from burners on hand ball courts to pieces on tractor trailers to works throughout the New York City subway system. Works by many established NYC graffiti artists are featured, including founding members DC3 and SHO. Other original members featured are SHOROZ, BEAVER, LAE, LAC2, ROE, DOOJ, SHIM, and ONE2. Works by affiliated writers, ZEUS TDC, CEOS, ROZ One, SHARE 37, POKE IBM, EPIC, RECK, SKETCH, KARL TCM, DEON, BOM 5 MW, SACE RIP, MIRAGE RIP, and others are documented. Alongside the visual accounts of these artistic exploits are dozens of true stories and recollections that uncover the reality of painting in yards, lay ups, racking spray paint, fights, graffiti beefs, and police raids. See what made TDC take extraordinary risks so their street art could be seen by the public in their never-ending quest for fame. An ideal history for artists, art historians, street art enthusiasts, anthropologists, and urban dwellers.

• Like 1

DSC01421.jpg

I think I can answer that for you Mike... FUCK YES!!!!

You've been gone for 2 years but we all know True Legends never die!!!! I know you are bombing the big train yard in the sky looking down smiling right now!!! We miss ya!!!

For those of you asking... Yes the IZ book is still in the works as well as the documentary film about his life. If all goes as planned we should be releasing both in 2012. We are working on a trailer for the film so be on the look out for that SOOOOON!!!! It's been a long time coming but will be worth the wait!!!

That Seen Panel up there is so nice - all decayed etc.

And as far as an Iz book going ahead you will definitely get some of my money for that!

"hell iz for children" one of the coolest panels ever - really shows how much fun graff could be!

anyways carry on with the flicks sorry for the rant!