All will be revealed.....

Guest shai_hulud

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shai_hulud

There aren't any footnotes. Sorry.

I tend to be long-winded when I type. I have to work on that.

And, if one of the mods reads this, could you please send me a new password for my old account? I can't seem to sign in. Thanks.

Guest shai_hulud

I don't have any music with me (besides what's on the Nano), therefore no slsk. And me with 13,000 songs collecting dust...tsk, tsk.

I just torrent on the rare occasion I need something. TV-links was fucking amazing. RIP.

I'll be back on slsk eventually, unless they pull the plug on it. I wouldn't be surprised.

Guest shai_hulud

And, thanks for the concern.

To be honest, though, compared to where I was living, what I'm dealing with now in terms of stress is pretty minimal.

I've been doing okay with odd jobs for money. The bike shop was just turning into a headache.

Guest shai_hulud
word to tv-links RIP yeah sites going down hard these days, oh well. But tv links was the shit.[/color]

I can't believe Crapster and Slimewire are still around, while classy joints like Demonoid and TV-links get the schnitz.

I think slsk might be distributed or mirrored enough by now to avoid being shut down at all. That's the smartest thing they could do.

Guest shai_hulud

estaked- I was messing around with e-Mule on my Linux machine before I put it in storage. Have you looked into any of the distributed p2p clients like e-Mule or Morpheus?

Guest shai_hulud

You're right, it wasn't too interesting. But, everyone kept asking me where I was hiding. Now you know.

Estaked, I'm on a Mac too (for now). There's probably a Morpheus client out there. Or there's Solarseek.

Has anyone else noticed I always end up talking about p2p or tech shit in my threads?

Guest shai_hulud

OS X is based on Unix, so it uses the X Windowing System to draw the Aqua desktops. X11 is an implementation of Unix for OS X that allows you to run other non-Mac Unix applications within their own windows on the desktop.

None of that made any sense to anybody, I'm sure.

Guest shai_hulud

Honestly, the only thing I was interested in for the past year was watching old movies on TV-links and Stage6.

As far as good stuff for Mac? Not a clue. The only apps I use are Opera and Adium.

I do have a copy of Leopard server. That looks fun.

The idea is that I should be able to run Linux applications and desktop managers like KDE in X11. If I can do that, then I can run whatever I want to.

I took a long break from the tech thing, and now I'm getting into a whole new thing with Macs. Well, not new...I know a little about them...but not like I know PCs.

Someone asked me to help them install Linux on their PS3 the other day, and I just might see if I can do that.

Guest shai_hulud

It's okay. I was in a few different spots. One was like a real house, more like a community center. I think it's over with now.

I got along with most of the punks, activists and travelers really well. But, there were a lot of shitty street kids and wingnuts that I had absolutely no patience with. All they wanted to do was get loaded and argue about which shitty band was better. A lot of them were thieves, and I almost choked some dude out for trying to run my shit one day. Stealing from the Man is all good...but, not from someone who's on the outs.

It's mostly due to that element not squatting right now seems like a good idea- the decent folks are steadily losing ground to the lameasses.

Oh, but wait...spectr, the guy who got the beatdown is the guy that had it coming to him.

Actually, he got served twice. The first time was by the cops in his room. You might have heard about that one.

And, your old neighbor's brother is having a kid soon. You can figure out who that is, I'm sure.

I haven't heard from Porkchop for a long time.

i am in town till monday, in oakland.

hit me up, we can grab a beer.

you know who has my number