All will be revealed.....

Guest shai_hulud

Guest shai_hulud

....later. I have to go to work right now.

So, no promises. Possibly tonight. More likely tomorrow.

The story about my absence is sad but interesting.

I'm not sure how long my visit here this time around is going to last. I've got a lot of shit I need to handle in the very near future, like getting a better job and a more stable place to live.

But, it's nice to be back, for however long that may be.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on your post I'm guessing your lady kicked you out for not maturing with her, you got

drunk went to your pals house and fell asleep in your own piss on the carpet. When you woke

you were in prision because in all actuallity you made it to your friends neighbors house and

they called the police once they call that your pocket was filled with thier watches.

Based on your post I'm guessing your lady kicked you out for not maturing with her, you got

drunk went to your pals house and fell asleep in your own piss on the carpet. When you woke

you were in prision because in all actuallity you made it to your friends neighbors house and

they called the police once they call that your pocket was filled with thier watches.

fuck I think he was supposed to tell the story... but shit you condensed it down and beat him to it...

Guest shai_hulud

No, it involves-

Traveling

Drugs (not mine)

Eviction

A beatdown (not mine, again)

Alcohol

Couch surfing

Squatting

Good times

Bad times

Death (needless to say, not mine)

The girl moved out two years ago. Which indirectly set all of the above in motion.

I never stole a watch in my life. Or pissed on a carpet. And, what is this maturity thing you speak of?

I'm leaving right......NOW!

Guest shai_hulud

Oh, but wait...spectr, the guy who got the beatdown is the guy that had it coming to him.

Actually, he got served twice. The first time was by the cops in his room. You might have heard about that one.

And, your old neighbor's brother is having a kid soon. You can figure out who that is, I'm sure.

I haven't heard from Porkchop for a long time.

dam it... it really is him... and yes the beatdown is a good thing... and that roommate was horrible... but his brother is a good guy... glad to hear he is having a kid...

Guest shai_hulud

Ooops. I got a LOT too drunk the other night (BTW, please take the photo down). That was fun with the graveyard/angry tweaker/falling all over the train track action.

So yesterday was a wash, since my insides wanted to see what it was like outside for a change. I slept that off...

...then I went to work today, and noticed I wasn't scheduled for the entire week after Thanksgiving. I asked about it, and found out all my hours had been redistributed. "Hmmm...Okay, then I quit," says I, handing over the key to the shop. Then they asked me to work next Saturday. I reiterated my resignation, but offered to finish out the day. I think the manager expects me to come in, but...I just realized I might want to go spend some time away too this weekend. I'm gonna try to make it clear to him that I can't be in two places at once. Let's see how that goes.

I am going to tell a very condensed version of the last year. It's still not that short- a lot went on, but that's all right. I'll do my best.

The house I lived in got shut down. Surprise, surprise. The leaseholder got a letter from the city stating that the neighbors had been complaining and that we were being investigated as a "drug house". Not exactly a raid, but...it was close enough. The LH flipped out, and said things like, "How did this happen? What the fuck are we going to do? If we get raided, oh my god..."

I spoke up and said, "Well, it's true. There IS a lot of shady activity around here. And, it's all people that you brought here. If anything is going to be done about it-which I doubt- I think you should be the one to tell everyone you invited to chill out or get the fuck out. And, yes...if we get raided, I'm pretty sure we're all fucked. I can't afford to move."

To condense the story, he proceeded to do very little. The landlord was notified, and went ballistic. I explained to her that the LH had lost control of the situation, and there was NO WAY I was going to pay rent until the whole mess got sorted out. She flipped on me, and tried to blame me for everything. I threatened her with court, and told her to be a landlord and evict us and see what happened.

That's when the power got shit off. See, we had all been giving the leaseholder bill money and ASSUMING he was paying bills with it. It turns out he got behind on his rent and used it to pay rent, or something...so now he was caught in a VERY big lie. I immediately went to the landlord and begged her to evict him, because at least then I could have maybe recovered some money on the deal.

In the end, I just left. I stayed at a squat for a couple months, then went down south for a bit. When I came back I helped a friend of mine move and clean/paint/fix her apartment in SF. I got paid some money for that, then I got the job at the bike shop (the one I just quit). I stayed with another friend in the South Bay till August, then I moved back to the East Bay. Got into another shitty living situation that lasted about a month and a half, left that, and am now couch surfing. I'm helping an old friend from SF out right now. He broke his leg, and has some projects he wants help with...so, it's kind of a work/trade thing.

My plans for the near future are pretty open. I need to get a full time job and a place to live quick, for starters. Then, I don't know. The best thing I have going for me right now is that I don't have any commitments, so if I wanted to leave townor travel, it wouldn't be a big deal. The down side is if i want to stay I need to get my shit together in short order.

So, things have changed, but more or less stayed the same. The reason I wasn't on here was mostly just day-to-day living has occupied a lot of my time, and I haven't had a computer handy for most of it. Now I do, so I'm making use of it...but, as I said before, I may disappear again. I really can't say.

I still have the same email, and a Myspace that I rarely check <http://www.myspace.com/coolcalmchris>

I'm pretty sure I'll get this sorted out.

Eventually.