Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i read caseks initial post and skimmed the rest so maybe someone can fill me in. what is the point of this giant, widespread scam exactly? im coming up with reduced dependency on foreign oil, reduced waste by humans...maybe its been designed to support local farming by convincing us that imported foods will speed up this "crisis". yeah, thats probably it. those blue collar fuckers have tons of money.

my argument has always been this.

"ok, youre right, global warming is not caused by humans. these scientists dont understand their data but you do. got it. now where exactly is the harm im modifying our lifestyle to have less of an impact on our planet? oh...ok. shut the fuck up and move on to something relevant. youre wasting your time and everyone elses."

seriously...even if science turns out to wrong on this one i cannot for the life of me see any harm in improving awareness of the way we live. i guess hummers, mcdonalds and leaving all the lights in the house on are really important to some people.

also...here is something to listen to. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17926941

“Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat’s dream. If you control carbon, you control life,” MIT climate scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen said in March 2007.

Which is true. A few posts above yours i linked, http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...0-146f21acf013 , dudes are really going through with this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/01/07/bcnuseco107.xml

US recession? The even greater need for a huge federal government? Senators will be fooled. This is nuts. You got the real ID act coming up this year, climate taxes, war with iran.. combined with recession. If this goes through, its checkmate. Lol.

All this shit is spose to happen before november election.

i read caseks initial post and skimmed the rest so maybe

"ok, youre right, global warming is not caused by humans. these scientists dont understand their data but you do. got it. now where exactly is the harm im modifying our lifestyle to have less of an impact on our planet? oh...ok. shut the fuck up and move on to something relevant. youre wasting your time and everyone elses."

seriously...even if science turns out to wrong on this one i cannot for the life of me see any harm in improving awareness of the way we live.

fucking a.

i mean the earth has gone through a thousand climate changes, ice ages, asteroid strikes, and all that shit, deserts turn to oceans, and oceans to deserts, waaaay before anyone figured out how to burn dinosaurs so they can get from a to b. and definately before we figured out that might be a bad idea.

BUT

who the fuck cares if the earth is warming because of us, or just doing it on its own. the fact is, the next climate shift is going to fuck humans up bad, whether they caused it or not. why not keep your head up and try not to piss all over mama earth between now and then. maybe she'll take it easier on us.

the earth isnt going anywhere, that shit was fine when it was a ball of dead rock and acid, and its fine now. watch your own back, people. we're the ones that are suceptible to destruction.

I didn't read anything except for the first post (but, yes I will later when I have some time), but here is what I have to say:

The same scientist that are predicting Global Warming (or should I say warning) now, are the ones that were predicting Global Cooling 30+ years ago, and they said we were going into a Ice Age... there are some that still beleive the later theory, I think it was from Discover Magazine or something a few years ago. It said we were going into a possible "little ice age." I'll see if I can find that article.

^There's been some serious gains in knowledge and instrumentation in the 30 years after that, dude.

That said, it's real easy to fall into the mindset that absolutely no harm can come from modifying our lifestyle, but it's not as simple as that. If it turns out that we're not causing global warming, and major destruction is coming our way quickly, we might need to increase the hell out of our energy spending to ramp up defenses and technology to confront it. We are advanced enough with fossil fuels to take on this challenge, but not so with alternative energy. What happens if we get caught with our pants down?

Also, there's the issue of poor developing nations that are counting on nascent fossil fuel energy markets to help them push forward. Take fossil fuels out of the picture and you're in essence sending them back half a century. It's real easy for us when all we gotta do to contribute is turn off the TV and ride a bike more, but for some people, having access to fossil fuels is a matter of life and death.

I am 100% pro greening our lifestyle, and I fully believe that's the way for humanity to go, but I won't delude myself thinking it's all net benefits for everyone.

^There's been some serious gains in knowledge and instrumentation in the 30 years after that, dude.

That said, it's real easy to fall into the mindset that absolutely no harm can come from modifying our lifestyle, but it's not as simple as that. If it turns out that we're not causing global warming, and major destruction is coming our way quickly, we might need to increase the hell out of our energy spending to ramp up defenses and technology to confront it. We are advanced enough with fossil fuels to take on this challenge, but not so with alternative energy. What happens if we get caught with our pants down?

Also, there's the issue of poor developing nations that are counting on nascent fossil fuel energy markets to help them push forward. Take fossil fuels out of the picture and you're in essence sending them back half a century. It's real easy for us when all we gotta do to contribute is turn off the TV and ride a bike more, but for some people, having access to fossil fuels is a matter of life and death.

I am 100% pro greening our lifestyle, and I fully believe that's the way for humanity to go, but I won't delude myself thinking it's all net benefits for everyone.

Good response and good points brought up; especially the 30 years of technological advances. One things I do have to say, is that I am fairly confident, that no matter what is causing the world to currently heat up, that scientist in the next 30 years will find something to reverse the effects of global warming drastically. How? I don't know. But I am sure they are currently working on it, and technology only continues to get better.

Right now I drive something that gets around 12mpg, if I could get the same power/comfort/size for the same price I currently paid, I would. But until prices come down and they make trucks/suv's that still have good power and mpg, I will stick with my truck, not a hybrid.

Also, If anyone has been reading info on Dubai, they are going to be the first "all green" city. They are plans to get rid of all cars and travel. Plan trees everywhere and get rid of fossil fuel use completely. This is all despite the million of gallons of oil currently in reserve in Dubai, surrounded by oil dominant countries. If I were to invest a lot of money, I would invest it in Dubai... but that's another whole discussion.

i guess im coming solely from the perspective of an american. i would never expect someone in a poor, developing nation to cast aside the technology available to them (a late model diesel car, coal burning train, etc.) to better our planet. that would be the height of arrogance. im simply saying that those of us who live in wealthy, developed areas of the world should spend more time using that wealth to better our lives and the world as opposed to going ape shit, consuming everything we can, and then scrambling around with our pants down when we run low on resources. why not add your argument to the list of reasons why we should care more about "greening" than whether global warming is fact or misinterpreted data?

you are 100% right, mams, there could be major blowbacks if we just run headlong into the world of alternative fuels. i think the current debate surrounding corn based ethanol is a good indicator that this whole things isnt as cut an dry as we thought. i just dont think we need to have the type of dialogue about this issue we are having right now. its not a rational scientific argument that is going to help us advance in our understanding of what is or isnt actually happening...its a hard headed, politically driven argument thats confusing the public and prolonging what some say is killing our planet. given the context of our situation, even if the theory of global warming is wrong the people behind it are still doing us more of a service than ego fueled "warnings" from the john colemans of the world.

main point - if you can do it, do it, because its absolutely fucking infuriating to see the people who can afford to change fighting this thing tooth and nail.

"Greening" is not necessary. To "Green" is to "hippie". Therefor you are a illogical tree hugger. Which is cool, but please do it in another decade when the fate of Earth's political and economic welfare is not at stake.

Putting a halt to the incoming energy crisis is an issue. Which is the outcome of heavy reliance on oil. To manufacture and ship eco-friendly things, you need oil.. yes, its ironic.

The fact stands that humans do almost nothing to affect change in the atmosphere and allow earth to warm. IPCC, the guys who won the Nobel with Al Gore said this.

Ok so i just read you talking about the scientists who predicted global cooling decades and i've decided that you are not knowledgeable about this subject. Therefore I will no longer talk to you about this subject that should have nothing to do with outdated data. I don't know why I even try because all recently dated papers that show scientific data say that humans and co2 have no threatening affect on the atmosphere.

You ask me a question and pretty much linked to a search on global warming.

Haloalkane, a chemical compound, is the main cause of ozone depletion. The Montreal Protocol helped fix this REAL problem. The Ozone problem increased UV exposure like a motherfucker. That was our fault. Also notable that increased UV exposure doesn't cause just a little bit more sweat on your balls like Global Warming. You being a dumass is your fault too, though Al Gore and society played a big role in that. Still 100% your fault..

Read a book doofus. I still dont know how I'm going to sleep tonight. Maybe I should vandalize the weekday and red bull it the next morning.

I haven't even seen an inconvenient truth. I don't need to watch a movie to decide what to think. I've been following this issue for years. What I find laughable is all these newjacks thinking global warming isn't really our fault (oh sure there is a natural element to it as well). But I'm not going to waste my time arguing about it on the internet when the evidence is real, prolific, infallible, and even accessible. Which means maybe you should do some reading yourself and reconsider your position. The handful of articles you cite by the handful of scholars who are most likely bought out doesn't faze me. Calling me names. Doesn't faze me. Just goes to show your own maturity level.

There's a big difference between the natural warming cycle that we entered once coming out of that ice age 10,000 years ago and a manmade warming that is threatening to disrupt that natural cycle completely.

I call you names because I'm stressed out. I cant get the good ol' REM sleep I used to enjoy. People like you have destroyed the world while pretending in your little heads like its all alright.

Theres a saying that goes like 'you're fixing the leaky faucet when the whole house is burning down'. I don't believe that a 'whole house' puts it right. Its more like the whole street is burning down. Or the world.

You called me a new jack? I've been sailing this ship since it set sail dawg, I just stayed on the boat - you fell off. For what its worth.. I used to believe in the science of man-caused global warming. I never believed in the policies set behind it. Now that the science says 'nay', its root squared for meee!