My Family Vacations Photo-super-thread

Hayabusa

Okay, I have been around and have lots of pics I wouldn't mind sharing. Some of these are old (pre-digi cam) while some are new. Some of these pics i took, some my parents.

On some vacations I went, on some I didn't. I know more about certain places than others, and will do my best to talk you through it all as best I can.

ALSO, i may in the future take a bunch of pictures from here locally, to show you guys what this city looks like, or do a day in the life of type thing update

Anyways, without further talky talk, here are pictures

SANDIEGO

This is all from a trip to SanDiego my folks went on. There are way more pictures, but I chose some that were my fav.s. I will post more soon

here you go

this is from Old Town...(if someone knows shit about Sandiego, drop some knowledge)

1764268034_b1c068e644_o.jpg

1764268052_e423f695ea_o.jpg

1764213226_5cca62642a_o.jpg

1764213202_4773456687_o.jpg

1764213180_529b12a176_o.jpg

1764213166_dcdf63be16_o.jpg

1764213152_fbe18308db_o.jpg

1764213144_2c66c061ba_o.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Old Town SD is north of downtown off the 5 freeway.

You have Old Town San Diego State Historic Park at the end of the street.

They have restaurants, a candy shop, various stores specializing in Latin American art, mostly Mexican although there is one that specializes in Salvadorean wares.

On the street heading into old town it's almost like a small town main street.

It's full of Mexican food eateries, mostly 5-10 a plate sit down places.

But the thing they are known for is their handmade flour tortillas.

They ALL make them. They also have the women make them by hand on the sidewalk/front of the restaurant. They are like 50 cents a piece. They have chocolate, strawberry, cinnamon and of course plain. Throw some butter on them bad boys and de-fuckin-liscious snack.

Not something you get too many other places.

Balboa Park is comparable to Griffith Park in Los Angeles.

They have many museums there.

I've only been to the Museum of Man. Nice place. They too have a lady make tortillas in front of you from scratch. Something about SD and tortillas.

Next to the Museums is the world famous San Diego Zoo. I think a panda just gave birth there a while back.

edit some of those pics look like the San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido. The one with the wild open space?

The sky ride at the zoo kicks ass.

i think there are two different zoos pictured

i thought looking at the files it was all one, but one was Wild Animal park, while the other not, so i guess its a mix

anyways, no more pics for now im doing homework

ill dig up more stuff later

hope u all enjoy the change of scenery