New music you have picked up

InnerCityRebel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
darkest hour--deliver us--this is growing on me... the previous albums certainly superior...

My initial problem was I had too high expectations. But once I accepted that they will never top Undoing Ruin, I realized Deliver Us is still a wicked album (though I'm still a bit iffy at the "singy" parts).

As for the last CD's I bought, the only new releases were Minus the Bear and Modern Life is War.

My initial problem was I had too high expectations. But once I accepted that they will never top Undoing Ruin, I realized Deliver Us is still a wicked album (though I'm still a bit iffy at the "singy" parts).

i don't think they'll outdo so sedated so secure. undoing ruin was good, hidden hands too, but this new one... its like something different. the singing gets me forsure. i had low expectations for the album because my experience tells me that a band cannot make more than 4 albums in a row that are amazing. (lots of bands do 4 in a row, #5 is the catch) so the fact that this was DH's 6th... i knew it wouldn't be as good. long winded sorry.

this week:

ben folds--supersunnyspeedgraphic

a fun disc, not in love with all the tracks though. "all u can eat" is spectacular, folds' sarcastic lyrics are great. the "bitchez aint shit" cover is also quite incredible.

katatonia--the great cold distance

mentioned in the metal heads thread, but this album is really cool. good mellow (suicidal ish) music. fitting for rainy tacoma weather. music is good, vocals are done well. 4.5 star rating by me.

Archived