Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tango 24

door falls off helicopter, retards get hit

Helicopter door hurts 3 at Irish air show

SALTHILL, Ireland, June 25 (UPI) -- Three spectators were injured when a door fell from a hovering air force helicopter at an air show in Ireland.

Witnesses told Sky News the Royal Air Force Merlin helicopter was about 100 feet over a seaside hotel in Salthill when a side door gave way and fell on the crowd.

The injured were taken nearby University College Hospital and are said to be in a stable condition, Sky News reported.

Liam McBurney said he had been on top of the hotel taking pictures of the event when he saw about 100 people flee from the shoreline.

"The door fell off and was just like a piece of paper floating in the wind," McBurney told Sky News. "It floated over the promenade and crashed into the beach before bouncing about five to 10 feet into the air and landing again."

Although the airshow had ended, many of the spectators were milling about when the door hit the ground, he added.

A Ministry of Defense spokeswoman apologized for the incident and promised there would be an investigation into what happened, Sky News said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/06/25/helicopter_door_hurts_3_at_irish_air_show/5179/

how do you not see a door coming

i mean come on

i like how they point out that it floated to the ground like a piece of paper just to illustrate how clueless the injured people were.

It says the show was over, and people were just on their way out. I don't know about you guys, but I rarely check to make sure that no helicopter doors are about to land on me.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now