Ron Paul Revolution!!!!

vanfullofretards

Why are you facepalming? Milton Friedman was an economic advisor for Ronald Reagan.

Conservatism:

Limited government spending

Fewer taxes

Small government

Limited state wellfare

Fewer corporate restrictions

Libertarianism:

Fewer taxes

Small government

Limited state wellfare

You're in australia so you might not understand what our political parties believe. "Conservatism" isnt a universal term across every country. Then again if you don't know something you shouldn't be arguing either.

Most who are voting for romney feel it is their only chance to boot obama out. Most dont even like romney but prefer him to obama.

If that's the case then why isnt Santorum or Ron Paul winning in polls? Mitt Romney's a more popular canidate for a reason. People like the idea of placing a businessman in the oval office. Mitt Romney takes bankrupt businesses and helps them turn a profit again. He downsizes them, trims fat, restructures the management and then flips them for a profit. A lot of people want that to happen to the American Government. They also like the idea that he's a self made man and has spoken out against lobbiest's influence in congress.

I'm not saying those are reasons to vote for a president. Im just saying that's a libertarian's wet dream. Ron Paul's a talking head/politician. Mitt Romney's an actual businessman.

Oh and that depiction of what it means to be libertarian is retarded. That's a false dychotomy. Republicans and democrats both attempt to give americans personal and economic freedom. They just have different ways of doing it. The way libertarians go about it is identical to conservative republicans.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are you facepalming? Milton Friedman was an economic advisor for Ronald Reagan.

Conservatism:

Fewer taxes

Small government

Limited state wellfare

Libertarianism:

Fewer taxes

Small government

Limited state wellfare

You're in australia so you might not understand what our political parties believe. "Conservatism" isnt a universal term across every country. Then again if you don't know something you shouldn't be arguing either.

I wrote a reply explaining the shared interests and then the differences between American libertarians and conservatives, as well as why Romney is not even remotely a favourable candidate for libertarians. Then I had a sharp realisation; you are a retard and I would be wasting my time to rebut such a stupid point. Go read a wiki page or something...

Not even an article, but I don't think it's advertised to be unbiased, everything on that website is delivered from a biased perspective.

Which would actually work in the case of Romney being a dream candidate if he actually was one because he would be endorsed by Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell.

So what exactly is your point?

And if you can please support the opinion that he is in fact a dream candidate for Libertarians other then he's made a lot of money in the private sector.

Your blind obedience to ronnie paulie is quite amusing.

My point is that you made a statement and provided a link that does nothing to back up that statement.

I never said that he was a dream candidate.

I actually have not said anything for awhile here. i have not needed to, Ronnie Paulie is failing on his own.

So, what was your point again in your previous post?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skimmed the video looking for where they talked about WHY ron paul wasnt going to endorse Mitt Romney and I couldnt find it. Sifted through the ramblings of a half dozen topics and called it quits.

Went through old GOP footage instead and found myself captivated by Ron Paul's foreign defense plan to dismantle FBI, CIA and every other intelligence gathering service America has.. And he wants congress to decide what military action happens where. He literally has no idea what's been going on in the middle east for the last 40 years.

Still nothing on why Mitt Romney's not a great canidate for libertarians.

Maybe I should run for president.

He briefly touched on why Ron Paul won't endorse Romney. The video is long so I doubt you'd listen to the entire thing for a small soundbite.

Ron Paul won't win the nomination but denying the change that he has sparked within the party is par for the course for in here, what else is new.

Keep trolling. Keeps the discussion alive. And Spambot I get it.

I would think that you libertarians would not like anything to with the Koch brothers. They for the most part own Cato and are pushing a far right agenda on it. Since the brothers are in the top .01% of people advocating their corporate rights over everyone else.

They actively work to limit freedoms when it is against them making a profit.

I guess if they give you a web cite, you are willing to give up anything.:lol:

Even if you agree with the message, you should learn who is paying for that message.

BTW, who do you think runs the show for funding for Romney? Also, who do you think funded getting Ronnie paulie out of the way for Romney to nab the nomination? So far Romney has not spent one dollar of his own money.

Do some research.

I would think that you libertarians would not like anything to with the Koch brothers. They for the most part own Cato and are pushing a far right agenda on it. Since the brothers are in the top .01% of people advocating their corporate rights over everyone else.

They actively work to limit freedoms when it is against them making a profit.

I guess if they give you a web cite, you are willing to give up anything.:lol:

Even if you agree with the message, you should learn who is paying for that message.

BTW, who do you think runs the show for funding for Romney? Also, who do you think funded getting Ronnie paulie out of the way for Romney to nab the nomination? So far Romney has not spent one dollar of his own money.

Do some research.

You dunce. You think I don't know about the Kochtopus? There is a plethora of libertarian writing rallying against their influence. Google that shit. Even still, this does not mean that nothing published by the Cato institute has any value. Lrn 2 critical thinking br0!

To quote Rothbard, "There are too many dicks on the dancefloor."

By which i believe he was referring, "In many years time when the great internet hath been invented, I will inspire a following of dipshits who will refute all concessions with the proverb, 'google it.'"

Spambot, you havent thought about killing yourself enough today.

I am hostile towards you and others that think you know something and refuse to even consider other view points, not libertarians.

If it was not because of this thread, I would not have in-depth looked up all the libertarian craziness.

In fact, right now, I currently love talking to most libertarians, because most of them do not know shit about it, except for what ronnie paulie tells them. When i am schooling them on their limited knowledge and posing real world scenarios to them, I can actually see their self righteousness draining from their bodies.

Most libertarians in America, would not even bother if it did not support a free market for weed. A majority of them do not even understand the free market, but they just want to smoke weed, so they will vote for ronnie paulie.

So, do not think I hate them as a whole. I hate them for individual reasons, that they bring up as soon as they start talking.

BTW, I am fully supportive of your constitutional viewpoints and a few other viewpoints, but when it comes to Austrian Economics, I can not see any conceivable way to give businesses more freedom then they already have, which is more then 99.9% of all Americans.

BTW, before I forget....

Fuck you and your self-rightousness Frankie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Realism is being funny. Cilone doesnt understand funny. Your only defense is to be dismissive.

I've disputed every single point you've ever made in Ch 0 and reduced you to petty quips.

Seriously why the fuck does someone in another country even care about Ron Paul? You guys sport libertarianism like Americans sport Native American paraphanalia, or post war "cleansed" Polish sport Judiasm. I cant even name a politician from Australia as it it's about as useful as memorizing the names of muppets on sesame street.

You give yourself a little too much credit my friend. At a guess I have probably made less than 10 posts this year. You haven't kept me in check, I am busy and have generally lost interest in arguing with intellectual pygmies. As far as time sink's go, this site is well down my priority list.

With regards to my interest in Paul, I have explained this before. I tentatively find him interesting in so far as he appeals to Austrian theory, of which I loosely adhere. More generally, I read widely about policy and have an interest in any politician or think tank that values real freedom. I am an anarchist and so I appreciate anarchistic tenents when I see them.

With that sir, I bid you good day.