the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

Not bad for your first time. Try getting your main two colots down in the letters shape. Then have the top color, the pink for example go just below an imaginary line that cuts through the middle horizontally, you'll be able to see it though in the paint. Now since the top of your blue us lower than the middle take your blue paint ain the cap straight up and get close to the surface and spray continuosly moving the can left and right until the desired fade is achieved.

Yeah that's the technique I was trying, I watched some videos on youtube of people doing it and decided to give it a shot. Just gotta get my can control down better.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad for your first time. Try getting your main two colots down in the letters shape. Then have the top color, the pink for example go just below an imaginary line that cuts through the middle horizontally, you'll be able to see it though in the paint. Now since the top of your blue us lower than the middle take your blue paint ain the cap straight up and get close to the surface and spray continuosly moving the can left and right until the desired fade is achieved.

kindof works, but not very consistently. The more you do it, the more your technique will advance and improve.

Are those done with that cheap ass blue can $1 Walmart paint on the ground?? If so you work with that paint pretty well. I've tried it and it seems so wattery and drippy. :(

It can still work, its all in how you use it. If your gunna fill try a rusto fat, nyfat, or those pink ironlak fats. May surprise you what works. And if you just wanna learn how to deal because you will have to one day, just use stock caps BUT the secret is to hold the can farther away so the paint can't collect in blobs as easily and you'll get a more even cover. And zomb your painting on a smooth surface your shits gunna drip a lot easier

It looked better before the pink and green imo but I commend you for experimenting with shit. I personally wouldn't have used as many dots in the highlights but do you

Yeah it did look nice and clean before, and yes I was just experimenting and seeing how things looked.

ur wasting money using montana black..learn using dollar cans, and then when u use mtn ull be filthy amazing.

I didn't pay for the Montana, my brother wanted me to make him a car hood so he bought the cans. I've just been playing with them since but they're running out now.