UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

According to Hawaii News Now, UFC middleweight Chris Leben was arrested Tuesday by Honolulu police on suspicion of DUI.

Leben reportedly crashed his truck while driving on the H-1 Freeway. “The Crippler” was allegedly driving with neither a license nor insurance. After being taken into custody, the former “TUF” competitor was released on $1,000 bail.

This is not the first time that Leben, 30, has been accused of an alcohol-related offense. He was arrested in 2008 by Oregon police on charges of parole violation in relation to a previous DUI offense. Leben was sentenced to 35 days in jail, requiring his UFC 85 matchup with Michael Bisping to be pushed back to UFC 89.

Originally from Portland, Ore., Leben moved to East Oahu, Hawaii, in 2007 to become the head coach at Icon Fitness MMA Gym. Additionally, Leben opened his own training center, Ultimate Fight School. Leben is coming off three straight wins, the first time he’s accomplished that feat since 2006. He most recently submitted Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116 in July, and he’s scheduled to meet Brian Stann at UFC 125 on New Year’s Day.

Cain has good cardio tho, so I dunno about Lesnar's. Hopefully he don't bust that lay on top bullshit during the fight.

Lesnars cardio is unparralell dude. It's not even a factor in my opinion. Lesnar is not a talented fighter he's extremely one dimensional, but If you allow him to fight his fight aka laying on top of you and beAting you with his strength he will win everytime. The minute a technician gets ahold of him he gets his ass beat down just like the Carwin fight...in fact the only reason that fight wasn't stopped was because it was for a championship. Any other fight where a fighter lands that many unanswered blows they stop the fight even if the fighter is conscious due to the fact that the UFC has to protect it's fighters from being severely injured.

Cain has good cardio tho, so I dunno about Lesnar's. Hopefully he don't bust that lay on top bullshit during the fight.

i never understand this argument.

when has brock not finished a fight? (aside from the heath herring fight)

he actual inflicts damage from the top.

imma be in south lake tahoe watchin the shit.

shields finna get caked.

Lesnars cardio is unparralell dude. It's not even a factor in my opinion. Lesnar is not a talented fighter he's extremely one dimensional, but If you allow him to fight his fight aka laying on top of you and beAting you with his strength he will win everytime. The minute a technician gets ahold of him he gets his ass beat down just like the Carwin fight...in fact the only reason that fight wasn't stopped was because it was for a championship. Any other fight where a fighter lands that many unanswered blows they stop the fight even if the fighter is conscious due to the fact that the UFC has to protect it's fighters from being severely injured.

If I was his trainer, I would be working on his standup after all this time as the champ. His ground and pound is good, he just needs to work on becoming a more technical fighter because eventually someone is going to knock him down a peg if he doesn't.